Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

By the way your timeline says Texas service center. That lockbox you mailed the I-129F isn't a Texas service center.. its just a lockbox. than they transfer it to California. I found this out that I was not a "transferred case" when we were all talking about what transferred meant. its funny how complicated these things are.

Updated :) 

There are so many little things to be aware of in this process its ridiculous. The whole K1 isn't an immigrant visa, but it is for NVC when you call to get a case number and when you check your CEAC status it is ... ! Confusion to the max.

If it wasn't for people on this forum helping each-other out, I would be ripping my hair out from all the things I need to keep in mind. Especially once we are over the border, and getting the SSN + license, etc....... there are sooo many things to be aware of;expiry dates and forms and the list goes on. Mentally exhausting.

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 minutes ago, piranda said:

hello, 

case ready at NVC today , my F got an email with the instructions , we submitted the DS-160 and I  have to send later today a checklist confirming I have all the documents ready and I think that's when they will let me know I can pay and book the interview . I think this is how it works for Romanian US embassy .

Or you guys could pay the visa fee before scheduling the interview?

I had to pay the fee and then I was able to schedule an appointment. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

@theredcomet has good advice, along the lines of thinking of @Marzena & Stephen - Plus the requirements are more in line of 'past earnings are indicative of future earnings'.  I would treat this just as a break in your stride and continue on.  A 2nd I-134 gathered and run with it. :D 

12 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

HANG IN THERE !!

Everything will workout!

I know its so frustrating sometimes.

Are you going to book an interview or just see how things go this next little while with getting cosponsor?

No I sent packet 3 on Thursday and still havnt heard anything.. not sure why I'm so "special" haha

Thank youuuu for your positive vibes and helpfulness!! And i think I'm going to sign up and see the interview situation first but I think we'll just hold off until he finds a job again, he's already done and interview today and has one for tomorrow. Companies are always looking to hire for his job so fingers crossed we get this sorted out by next week. It's an adventure in itself as we've decided we're open to relocating from NYC to mostly anywhere. I'll keep you updated and once again thanks!

ps. fingers crossed montreal hurrys tf up and emails you soon

3 hours ago, Orit.d said:

1000% know how you feel.

Now that my interview is booked, I told my manager only that 'if everything goes according to the plan (I get my visa timely) I will be leaving in October' 

Almost 2 months heads up :)

lol Thinking about the job situation. Originally I was supposed to give 2 months notice at my job but the board and my boss changed that as they are not going to hire anyone right away for my position until spring probably so my boss just said to me. Text me after your interview saying your approved and then you can work until you get your visa in the mail. I said gee are you sure and she said yes I am so happy you have found your happiness. :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
4 minutes ago, pajobra said:

lol Thinking about the job situation. Originally I was supposed to give 2 months notice at my job but the board and my boss changed that as they are not going to hire anyone right away for my position until spring probably so my boss just said to me. Text me after your interview saying your approved and then you can work until you get your visa in the mail. I said gee are you sure and she said yes I am so happy you have found your happiness. :D 

that s so nice of your boss, see throughout the journey you find as well good ppl ...:energy:

6 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

I've had a couple days now to think things over. I know a lot of you probably already know this, but it really doesn't hurt to emphasize the importance of patience and communication. We're all, or were, in multicultural relationships. We have a wide variety of backgrounds, standards, expectations, taboos, values that have been formed from our upbringings and the cultures that surround us. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. It's so very important to ask questions if you don't understand something. As important as asking questions is not being offended when you are asked questions. A desire to understand one another stems from love, not malice. Be patient. It might take explaining the same things a few times for something to "click." Always give the benefit of the doubt. You might be really awesome and know a lot of things, but there is always someone smarter, stronger, better than you. Be humble. You can't be right all the time. We all make mistakes. Recognize them early and apologize quickly and be sincere. Make a genuine effort to be better each day. We all have our ups and downs. Roll with the punches. Life isn't a fairy tale, but you can do your best to make sure the best moments are as close as you can get to that ideal.

Oh that is so very true. lol My cousin asked me how much I talked to Chris since we were so far apart. My Mum coughed and I said everyday for at least 2 hours. She said wow. I said to her communication is so much in a long distance relationship. Chris and I are not much different culturally but we are religion wise. Although our religions are very similar. My church is just a more laid back one compared to his. I am not as into faith as he is but he knows that and respects that and I respect him and his need to go to church. I told him that I would go with him and see what I thought and he said he is willing to try out churches to find one we both like. :) Our 10 year almost 11 year age difference is something too and I have to learn to have more patience. LOL

5 minutes ago, piranda said:

that s so nice of your boss, see throughout the journey you find as well good ppl ...:energy:

Oh yes very much so. :) 

Need help i receive rfe and was regarding my G325 I send G325 and is supposed to be G325A, I did it right for my boyfriend but I make the mistake in mines that I print the incorrect one they send me the link where I can print the form uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf I check the link I print but in this form at the top is said expire 06/30/2017 anybody knows if that the current one i don't want send it and have problems i call the number for questions and this people  I feel they talk another language , also want to know if I have to take new passport pictures I don't think so because they mention please if anybody can help me with my concerns

IMG-20170828-WA0009.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
7 minutes ago, mayra and dan said:

Need help i receive rfe and was regarding my G325 I send G325 and is supposed to be G325A, I did it right for my boyfriend but I make the mistake in mines that I print the incorrect one they send me the link where I can print the form uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf I check the link I print but in this form at the top is said expire 06/30/2017 anybody knows if that the current one i don't want send it and have problems i call the number for questions and this people  I feel they talk another language , also want to know if I have to take new passport pictures I don't think so because they mention please if anybody can help me with my concerns

IMG-20170828-WA0009.jpg

The new forms for the K1 and AOS have added the biographical information so the G325A is not needed anymore, so that's probably why they didn't upload and update the version of the form.

If that's what they provide when you go to the USCIS website, then use that one and don't worry. They always tell you have to go to their website for the newest version, so that's what you did... it just happens there's no newer version :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, mayra and dan said:

Just use that one you see on the website. Since they added this form into the new I-129F they don't have a newer one. But since you are using the old I-129F they still need it. That form date is within your application date so you will be fine :)

1 minute ago, Estibaliz said:

The new forms for the K1 and AOS have added the biographical information so the G325A is not needed anymore, so that's probably why they didn't upload and update the version of the form.

If that's what they provide when you go to the USCIS website, then use that one and don't worry. They always tell you have to go to their website for the newest version, so that's what you did... it just happens there's no newer version :)

Thank you and what about you think I have to send new picture of myself passport style? They dont mention so that means they going to use the first one that i send, 

50 minutes ago, Orit.d said:

Updated :) 

It still shows Texas Service Center.  K-1s are handled through California.  You will have better estimates if you show the correct location.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mayra and dan said:

Thank you and what about you think I have to send new picture of myself passport style? They dont mention so that means they going to use the first one that i send, 

The general advice is not to send them anything they didn't ask for, so I'm sure your photo was fine or they would have listed that too.

Glad it's an easy fix :D

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
Just now, mayra and dan said:

Usually they have everything "waiting" for the updated form. So I could imagine the whole packet will stay together until you get your new form in. But if you worry than maybe send another photo. I don't think its necessary though.

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

It still shows Texas Service Center.  K-1s are handled through California.  You will have better estimates if you show the correct location.

@Orit.d         the timeline is fine... hes talking about your profile where it says "case filed at" that's a different section. no biggie anyways as they use the timeline info for stats here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.