Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

pretty much everything that happens here in VJ, someone already did it.

This was from 2 yrs ago.......  They advise that a 129f cannot be un-cancelled.  I believe it is good news that they approved your petition. The ending advice in this thread below was to call the NVC and see how it goes.  The OP didn't complete their timeline, so I don't know how it turned out for her, perhaps sending her a message asking for her outcome would help.  Whatever manner you sent the withdrawal, send the 'withdrawal of the withdrawal' that way.  If it was email, use email.  

If I was in this circumstance, I would call the NVC daily looking for the case number.  If they got the withdrawal with the NOA2 they will surely be asking you about that.  Since you are approved, I would proceed as if nothing happened..... After all, they ignored your request and approved and you are fine with that now

thankyou so much . i really appreciate the help. i know that you tried to check for a similar case with me.. ThankYou ThankyOu soo Much... iLl try to read the thread.. and iLL call Nvc later, fingers cross and palms together 😔🙏 i would like to just continue, but what made me worried is One lawyer said that what if were already in the interview and  they would see in the system that we sent a Withdrawal automatically they will deny me a visa. 😢😣

1 hour ago, Hurry&Wait said:

This is an interesting and unfortunate situation. I was reading portions of the "field manual" and it seems they worry that fraud may be related to one's reasoning...like one may regret deception.  This is why they will likely scrutinize the decision if they allow an interview. 

The reason you provided  is much different than another VJ member's "argument" over language with his finance. I am not trying to judge the other situation, but this process causes us to be at our worst sometimes. Still, I never thought about cancelling the petition due to a fight with my fiance. My decision to marry her has not fluctuated to doubt.

Again, your situation is much different. You received little to no communication from YOUR government, and thus thought it may be worth trying a different route. Your decision sounds as if the inability to recieve information from the USCIS caused stress, which influenced a decision made in haste. 

It may be best to contact an attorney ASAP.  The loss in time is not worth the risk. I would guess an immigration attorney will not cost much more than the USCIS fee to refile. Also, an attorney may be better at helping to convey the reasons behind the letter to withdraw.

Will you attend the [eventual] interview? I would as they may have questions.

hello thank you for the response. its ok. i admit we werent thinking too well. even lawyer said that we cannot Say yes or No with the UsCis.. just like that, though we didnt state the reason in the withdrawal letter that we just want to proceed with spousal Visa. i know they will think otherwise.. we just need to be sure first by contacting UsCiS and NVc of the best way, if all else fails then i think continue with the pLan B on getting married. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, Nhona Scott said:

Any march 27 filers here who have gotten their approvals already? And those who have not gotten theirs yet? The frustration is real! 💔

Filed March 27th, Received March 29th and NOA1 April 5th

K-1 Visa

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/29/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/17 - Check cashed

04/05/17 - NOA1
04/06/17 - NOA1 Text 
04/10/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
08/11/17 - NOA2 APPROVED

08/15/17 - NOA2 Text and Email
08/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
08/24/17 - NVC Received I-129F 
08/25/17 - Case Number Received

08/31/17 - Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

09/01/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
09/27/17 - Medical

10/06/17 - Interview - APPROVED 
10/11/17 - Visa Issued

10/16/17 - Visa in Hand

10/26/17 - POE - Atlanta 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, LabOz said:

wait your are from Guam or Vancouver, WA? Guam is part of USA so can't you just come to Washington State?

My guy is from Vancouver Wahington. 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mattagba said:

Filed March 27th, Received March 29th and NOA1 April 5th

We sent the packet march 23rd and they received it march 27th. 😊 

Edited by Nhona Scott

4 hours ago, Holly♡ said:

I have never been so close to my processing estimate time.. I know we have all said that it's pretty much useless, but right now I really really hope it's accurate since it is this week!!! Never thought I would say that  lol
Good luck everyone and I hope it is a great week and raining NOA2's!!! Especially Jan and Feb filers that are still left behind!!

Fingers are soooo much crossed for you! I remember we've been "together" on here since the first times of the Marchies. I wish for you to get it sooner than you can think! Big huuuuug! :)

3 hours ago, Jesus & Michelle said:

I've been checking the past 3 days. Only August 17th is available. Nothing else. Getting a little worried.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 3.37.14 PM.png

Wow, that's not much. Our calendar had open dates for all August.

But since the 17th is my birthday, I tell you: Take it... it's a sunny date! Hehe :) 

3 hours ago, Jesus & Michelle said:

I've been checking the past 3 days. Only August 17th is available. Nothing else. Getting a little worried.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 3.37.14 PM.png

Pretty sure September's all booked up unless someone cancels like they did with the August 17th slot. Just check once a day or every few days. You might get lucky and catch an open September slot. Otherwise, unfortunately, you'll need to wait till September for them to open October slots. Regardless, just know that they only have interview slots on Thursdays. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, amishbaby said:

Hey guys! I checked my Informed Delivery today and got a letter from USCIS. I'm so nervous. I see that the notice date is August 3rd. I called USCIS and spoke to a tier 2 officer and he said I didn't have any RFE or approvals on the way and they are processing January cases and all of that. The same day I contacted my senator when they didn't give me any information on my petition. They contacted me back August 3rd, the same day this letter is dated. Nothing says anything about an RFE on USCIS' website, so.... now I wait till the mail arrives. Excited and scared all in one go. :jest:

1030264466-012 (1).jpg

I am giving you an early congratulations.  I am sure it is your approval!! The wait will be intense. I am waiting for my informed delivery update.

2 minutes ago, amishbaby said:

Hey guys! I checked my Informed Delivery today and got a letter from USCIS. I'm so nervous. I see that the notice date is August 3rd. I called USCIS and spoke to a tier 2 officer and he said I didn't have any RFE or approvals on the way and they are processing cases and all of that. The same day I contacted my senator when they didn't give me any information on my petition. They contacted me back August 3rd, the same day this letter is dated. Nothing says anything about an RFE on USCIS' website, so.... now I wait till the mail arrives. Excited and scared all in one go. :jest:

1030264466-012 (1).jpg

What I see on the scan looks like our NOA2.
Congratulations! :) 

And you're still very good in timeframe, so everything worked out like it's supposed to! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, FutureMrsBennett said:

I am giving you an early congratulations.  I am sure it is your approval!! The wait will be intense. I am waiting for my informed delivery update.

Gosh, I am so excited!!!! I will let you all know. I can't wait for the mail to come now!!! The anticipation is killing me. I hope you hear back something very soon!!! I am sure you're right around the corner or already got yours! :D Let me know what happens. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

What I see on the scan looks like our NOA2.
Congratulations! :) 

And you're still very good in timeframe, so everything worked out like it's supposed to! :) 

I was searching google a bit to see if this is what an NOA2 looks like, and I thought the same but I didn't wanna jump the gun and assume it was and be disappointed. :(

Thank you so much!!! It really did work out! I thought I was going to be waiting about 2 more months for it. It just felt like I was never going to get it. As soon as I say I'll take a break from VJ, I get a letter in my Informed Delivery. Isn't it great how that works?! :P

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Just now, amishbaby said:

I was searching google a bit to see if this is what an NOA2 looks like, and I thought the same but I didn't wanna jump the gun and assume it was and be disappointed. :(

Thank you so much!!! It really did work out! I thought I was going to be waiting about 2 more months for it. It just felt like I was never going to get it. As soon as I say I'll take a break from VJ, I get a letter in my Informed Delivery. Isn't it great how that works?! :P

I just looked on mine and it looks the same! :)
I didn't see a RFE yet, but I think you're good! And... don't forget: Even if it would be a RFE - they're working on your case!

See... patience pays out! Save a little of it for later - the next wait is just around the corner! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.