Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Eric&Olya said:

Hi! Good to see that you are back:)

I think there's no typical time, we were approved in 5 days after they received our response, but some people have to wait for quite a while.

Good luck!

I'm really not optimistic about the rfe or the time frame but I gave it a shot.     

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mgwlkr said:

I'm really not optimistic about the rfe or the time frame but I gave it a shot.     

Well, I hope it was something easy to fix, and as for the time frame, it's just a matter of luck. Whether you are optimistic or pessimistic about it, it doesn't make things move faster (or slower:)) at USCIS

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Eric&Olya said:

Well, I hope it was something easy to fix, and as for the time frame, it's just a matter of luck. Whether you are optimistic or pessimistic about it, it doesn't make things move faster (or slower:)) at USCIS

No it was a major item  however there was little we could do about it.  We sent everything we could.  It's out of our hands now 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, GazLisa said:

going through my papers for Friday interview this is what I've collected so far 

Embassy confirmation letter

Police certificate 2 originals

Birth certificate 2 originals

Fiance letter of intent dated July 21st

3 Tax transcripts 2014,2015,2016

Scanned copy of W2

3 scanned pay stubs from July 2017

Approved copy of I-129f sent to me by London embassy

I-134 affidavit of support 

Boarding passes from my visit to USA July 2017,plus boarding passes of Lisa's trip to Uk from May 2017

Collection of photos from above visits,Dates and places written on back of pictures 

Facebook posts from holidays,date stamped with locations 

2 passport sized photos 

Scanned copy of bank letter,stating date account opened and amount of money currently in account,officially stamped and dated 

Apologies March whiners for my long post 😁😁 is there anything we have missed 🤔😂

Just curious do they ask for 2 original police certificates? I went in advance to save time but only got one 🤔 do you need two?

43 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Just curious do they ask for 2 original police certificates? I went in advance to save time but only got one 🤔 do you need two?

Not really ☺ I got 2 copies just incase 😉 better to have it and not need it lol 😂 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
4 hours ago, pajobra said:

What not vote :o Yes your vote counts. It always does. What if the next time you did not vote and your vote could have made the tiebreaker difference. I have been voting since I was 18 in every election. Its so very important. Which is why I will become a US Citizen as I want the right to vote. I could never imagine not voting. I have worked for all levels of elections in Canada. I was an election clerk in the municipal election in Toronto when I was 20. Such an experience. My first time away from home and it opened my eyes to electoral processes. Soon after I returned back to Manitoba I became the Assistant Returning Officer for my electoral district up north for the Provincial election. Again 4 years later except because I was working more full-time I was their computer tech and payroll officer. In the last Provincial Election I also worked but down where I am now. Seeing it from that side is quite amazing. But maybe this is because I am Canadian or because I grew up in a household where we were taught our vote does make a difference. My Mum also sat me down when I was 16 and talked about the different political parties because in school we were learning about them. We had to do a project on the one that we thought suited us best. My Mum told me she didn't care what party I felt more aligned with as long as I voted. In my family we vote for usually two different parties sometimes three different ones depending on the year. LOL

*gets off her soapbox* Sorry this is a topic I tend to get riled up about. ha *goes back to just listening for a bit*

I just meant that in regards to the electoral college... it does not count. I live in WA state. This is a democratic state. For example, this last campaign, no matter who I would have voted for, this was a Hilary state. My vote would not have changed that... literally (not that I would have voted for Trump). If the presidential campaign was by majority vote, then yes, my vote counts. Hilary had majority, but Donald won because of the electoral college votes.

4 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

The implication is that we register to vote and you are required to put your political affiliation on the registration form.  If your choice is incongruent to the affiliation of the person sorting your file -a potential for a bias appears.  Whether a USC actually exercises their right to vote probably would not have a bias as it is an expression of free speech.  Casting votes comes into consideration when someone is trying to become a USC and they have represented themselves already as being a citizen and registering and voting.  Immigration has a very dim view of this type of infraction.

Okay, so when you first mentioned voting, you just meant like my F's voting history (the soon to be USC)?

32 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

I just meant that in regards to the electoral college... it does not count. I live in WA state. This is a democratic state. For example, this last campaign, no matter who I would have voted for, this was a Hilary state. My vote would not have changed that... literally (not that I would have voted for Trump). If the presidential campaign was by majority vote, then yes, my vote counts. Hilary had majority, but Donald won because of the electoral college votes.

Okay, so when you first mentioned voting, you just meant like my F's voting history (the soon to be USC)?

Ok good point since your voting system is so archaic in the states compared to ours. Just my opinion of course. Plus we have more than 2 major political parties here as well. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

Nope

Registration

2 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Nope

Registration

Again Archaic lol We register to vote but not with a political party. I never register with any of our parties here in Canada but that is because I like to work for elections and we need to be non partisan. However I do usually vote for one party.

Timeline
1 hour ago, pajobra said:

Again Archaic lol We register to vote but not with a political party. I never register with any of our parties here in Canada but that is because I like to work for elections and we need to be non partisan. However I do usually vote for one party.

Yes, agree.  We register to vote.

Individual states make their own rules, and ways and means to accomplish a primary.  I don't like it but It's their world - I just live in it.  

Since voting registration is public record, the lists are sold and targeted solicitation occurs.  Just one more of the many "benefits" of registering to vote...... Junk Mail

enuf said, right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline

Sending out good vibes for this next week! *APPROVALS ARE ON THEIR WAY* 

our patience will pay off soon. 

Here is to a new week March whiners!

Timeline

Not that I'm out of patience, but the question remains 'what if and when will'

Has anyone thought of what their personal 'limit' is for days without notice before starting to call or contacting outside help?

Or what strategy to use if a Nudge was needed to get your case out of some abyss?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Not that I'm out of patience, but the question remains 'what if and when will'

Has anyone thought of what their personal 'limit' is for days without notice before starting to call or contacting outside help?

Or what strategy to use if a Nudge was needed to get your case out of some abyss?

I think once you're out of their "normal" window, whatever that may be, then someone will actually look into your case. I know you can file an inquiry with the ombudsman if you've attempted to contact the USCIS and haven't gotten any answers. They also say "we'll get back to you within 60 days."

Timeline
4 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

I think once you're out of their "normal" window, whatever that may be, then someone will actually look into your case. I know you can file an inquiry with the ombudsman if you've attempted to contact the USCIS and haven't gotten any answers. They also say "we'll get back to you within 60 days."

Recently, there was an inquiry filed that the inquiry filed was out of date.  Imagine that!  I'm wondering if more bureaucracy just compounds the issue. Been reading for months the war stories and horror stories.... Seems that the system designed to help doesn't really work well.  I just ponder the 'Plan A point two' (without having to use plan B)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.