Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I'm so sorry to read mojordan's story :(
Hopefully it will all be fixed and the petition can go out again and succeed.

My highest boss knows now. It was a shaky situation yesterday, walking in her office and say the words "I will quit!"... Although I'm looking forward it's very, very hard. 
But the reaction was all I could wish for. <3

Don't you - I mean the other beneficiaries for now - feel as under pressure to get rid of everything like I do?
It's overwhelming for me. I need to sell all my stuff... and I got  A LOT. I don't know what to do when... if I wouldn't need the money, I'd gladly throw everything in a trash container! :D

How are you working around? Anyone emptiying his/her home already?

Have a great evening, guys and girls!
Bine

Congrats on telling your boss! That must've made everything feel so real. I finally told my boss the other day that I'm working on this process for my fiance to come here. We met through work so we had to keep our relationship on the DL for a long time, but now that we know he will be quitting to come here in the near future we no longer care about who knows at work haha. Plus I wanted to prepare her for the 2-3 weeks off I will need once he schedules the visa interview.

I don't have any advice to offer as I'm the USC and my fiance barely owns anything except clothes hehe, but hey...at least it will give you something to help the time pass while we are all waiting! Good luck with everything :) 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

6 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

Congrats on telling your boss! That must've made everything feel so real. I finally told my boss the other day that I'm working on this process for my fiance to come here. We met through work so we had to keep our relationship on the DL for a long time, but now that we know he will be quitting to come here in the near future we no longer care about who knows at work haha. Plus I wanted to prepare her for the 2-3 weeks off I will need once he schedules the visa interview.

I don't have any advice to offer as I'm the USC and my fiance barely owns anything except clothes hehe, but hey...at least it will give you something to help the time pass while we are all waiting! Good luck with everything :) 

Thank you! :))
But you're female and can relate more!!! haha
My fiance isn't very helpful. Due to the army he's used to move a lot and be away from friends and family. Plus he's a hyper introvert, so I don't get "speeches" from him, hahaha. 

Yeah, the work thing was a biggie for me. I'm there for 10 years now; I just stayed in this city ( I hate!!) for work, because it's like replacement family. And yes, it made it very real to say these words. Because it's so final. Which is good.

Awwwwww I wish I would only own clothes. Even that's too much, I guess. I've got two closets - full. Started to separate in a sellcloset and a keepcloset. Also I got a loooooot of memories... I'm out for music a lot, knowing some bands, got tons of signed stuff, which I can't leave :P
AND... I'm 37 with an overly full equipped household. 

So I'm screwed.... I'm so happy when this is over, my 150 gazillion parcels are on the way to the states and I myself sit on a plane. lol 

Edited by TearsOfBabylon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mojordan said:

hopefully I can get it all done and to the courier within the next 3 hours

I'm so sorry it happened to you, but hopefully this time it goes to the most efficient adjudicator, and you are approved really soon! 

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
27 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Don't you - I mean the other beneficiaries for now - feel as under pressure to get rid of everything like I do?
It's overwhelming for me. I need to sell all my stuff... and I got  A LOT. I don't know what to do when... if I wouldn't need the money, I'd gladly throw everything in a trash container! :D

Bine

I haven't started yet, but I am determined to take only clothes and children's books, so all the rest will have to go. But as there are 3 of us moving (I have 2 kids), it will be a lot anyway.

I am planning to give away most of my things, selling sounds like too much work for me. There are some things that I will have to sell but I am still procrastinating))

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

8 minutes ago, Eric&Olya said:

I haven't started yet, but I am determined to take only clothes and children's books, so all the rest will have to go. But as there are 3 of us moving (I have 2 kids), it will be a lot anyway.

I am planning to give away most of my things, selling sounds like too much work for me. There are some things that I will have to sell but I am still procrastinating))

I'm still procrastinating as well. Since I don't really know where to start... I just put some of my clothes and DVD's on eBay yet. Decided to start with furniture once NOA2 comes, so I don't sit here without anything. But that's all progress I made.

It feels even the kitchen equipment is increasing overnight since I know I'll leave, haha. 

I would rather start filling the following forms already, but I've pushed that away until I wait after NOA2; so I have something to look forward to, hehe! :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

My highest boss knows now. It was a shaky situation yesterday, walking in her office and say the words "I will quit!"... Although I'm looking forward it's very, very hard. 

Bine

I am a February filer..... But I understand your pain.  I am moving in with my mom next week so that I can save money over these next few months.  I have soooooo much stuff and it is stressful getting rid of it all.  I have luckily sold most of my big things (couch, bed set) and will have a garage sale at my moms with the little stuff.... Then everything will be donated or trashed.  My fiance considers himself to be a "hobo" and is proud of the fact he doesn't have many belongings.  So once I get there, we will have to buy a lot of new things.... Which is frustrating when you just got rid of everything that You would have ever needed.  Regardless.... I am excited and eager for the new start.  

Edited by eastcoastgroove

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Bine

My fiance wants to bring as little as possible.  I imagine he'll sell everything he doesn't use over the next three moths and then, like you, move on to everything else when it feels more "sure."  Personally, I think he will find it harder to let go of things once he's actually going through it, so we'll see.  I can't imagine how big of an undertaking it would be with a full house!! 

Edited by Rev

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

3 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Bine

I think I was lucky because almost 2 years ago I got a really great job at a public library near where I grew up as a child so when I moved from the city I downsized considerably and already had when I moved there 3 years ago. I moved in with my Mum, at the age of 38, until I could get back on my feet and find an apartment luckily though I just stayed with her paying her a little bit of rent. I have already gone through the boxes I brought down that were still in the closet(kitchen and bathroom things mainly). Asked my Mum what she wanted because most of the stuff I did not need to bring as my fiance has everything already in his apartment. So I have everything that I am not using already packed and labelled ready for going across the border in the future. The last things to pack will just be my computer and my cat and my clothes. I am hoping things will speed up soon. I am hoping to have an interview in September because then my Mum can take her vacation and we will go for a week and do my medical and interview and some sightseeing since neither of us has been yet.

I am looking forward to chatting with you all as we go through this process. mojordan I sure hope you can get things straightened out. HUGS

I told my boss and co-workers a month or so ago and then when we had a board meeting I announced to the board that I was quitting and why. They all cried and were so happy for me then one said but you can't commute from there. LOL I am giving them two months notice so that they can get an ad out and so that I can train the new person coming in. They were saying I was awfully generous but that is how I am.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hello everyone!

we just got NOA1 yesterday, april 4 th. praying for this months to pass quickly!!

what are your next steps ? how do you guys prepare for it?

Timeline

USCIS cashed my check but NOA1 yet. I need to know see something in the next few days

K-1 Visa

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/29/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/17 - Check cashed

04/05/17 - NOA1
04/06/17 - NOA1 Text 
04/10/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
08/11/17 - NOA2 APPROVED

08/15/17 - NOA2 Text and Email
08/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
08/24/17 - NVC Received I-129F 
08/25/17 - Case Number Received

08/31/17 - Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

09/01/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
09/27/17 - Medical

10/06/17 - Interview - APPROVED 
10/11/17 - Visa Issued

10/16/17 - Visa in Hand

10/26/17 - POE - Atlanta 

Timeline

Congrats on the NOA1s!  I'm sure it will be very soon, Mattagba.

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, piranda said:

hello everyone!

we just got NOA1 yesterday, april 4 th. praying for this months to pass quickly!!

Congrats!! 😬

12 hours ago, piranda said:

hello everyone!

Congratulations and good luck for your journey! :)

I'm trying to get rid of my belongings, so I can move after the visa is issued without having to get rid of everything I own in a way too short time! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.