3,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, dp1987 said:

Hi all,

We received an RFE [NOA 3/27/17] because I (arrogantly) only submitted 1 month's bank statement and 1 year's IRS transcript  (2015)

Would you say the following additional information would satisfy as financial co-mingling?

1095C forms - to show shared healthcare coverage for FY 2016 and 2017

Add'l year of IRS transcript (2016) - haven't filed 2017 yet

Add'l bank statements (one every 3 months)

Add'l 401k statements that show beneficiary name at the bottom

Unfortunately, I don't have my wife's name on the house deed/mortgages (was purchased before we got married) nor any utility bills. To further complicate things the house was purchased by me with my parents (all 3 names are on the deed and mortgage) before I got married.  Can I explain this in a letter and attach it or should I get my wife's name added before resubmitting the evidence?

Furthermore; we have no children, no joint debt (she has student loans), will, trust, etc. 

Hi,

I'm far from being an expert on this, but I was in a similar situation (no kids, no joint debt, my name not on the apartment leasing contract etc). For your reference, what I submitted is;

- Joint checking account with the transaction history (I don't recall how long I pulled out, but probably 3-6months)

- Joint tax return on 2015 & 2016

- Property insurance that has both of our name

- 401K from my employer, that states one of the beneficiary was the then-spouse

- Electricity bill that has both of our name

- Driver's license of each of us, that shows the same address (I don't know if this makes sense to them though)

- Copy of our pictures traveling here and there

I haven't received an RFE (I'm a CSV filer) so I can't tell this set was sufficient or not. If I were you, I'd also ask the parents who bought the house together to write an affidavit. 

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thank Ktone,

Quick question - did you redact any of the information from the materials? For example: If I submit copies of debit cards from our joint bank statement. Should I black out the first 12 digits for protection? 

Edited by dp1987

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, dp1987 said:

thank Ktone,

Quick question - did you redact any of the information from the materials? For example: If I submit copies of debit cards from our joint bank statement. Should I black out the first 12 digits for protection? 

I don't recall, and I can't find the copy of the entire material I sent in. Sorry :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
41 minutes ago, dp1987 said:

thank Ktone,

hi when I sent my package back in april 2017 I add credit and bank statements and I blank out the first 12 digits for protection I add the copy of my credit cards the shows same number with  our names on each one but I blank out first 12 digits and only I left our names  the expiration date on it lol  ,  I didn't get RFE yet but I read other post before I sent mine and a lot of people did so  I did and they didn't have any problems getting approved    good luck

Edited by njblue
correction

45 minutes ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

have anyone got an alert on your phone that's said case Result changed, but stll, have the same result when u check              

Yes, same here!

- I am the beneficiary -

ROC: 05/01/2017 - 08/11/2018 = 468 days
CR1: 04/22/2014 - 06/25/2015 = 430 days

Spoiler

USCIS

04/22/2014 I-130 NOA1 (Nebraska)
10/06/2014 I-130 NOA2 - after 167 days

NVC

10/17/2014 sent to NVC
11/05/2014 NVC reiceived
12/04/2014 case # assigned (after 29 days)
12/04/2014 DS-261 submitted
12/05/2014 NVC welcome letter received
12/05/2014 AOS bill received and paid
12/05/2014 AOS and IV packages sent
12/09/2014 AOS and IV package scanned = SCAN-DATE
12/23/2014 IV bill received and paid
12/30/2014 DS-260 submitted
02/05/2015 Checklist 58th day 😞
02/13/2015 AOS Checklist SCAN-DATE
03/25/2015 CASE COMPLETE (40th day)
05/27/2015 Interview - approved
06/01/2015 CEAC status - "Issued"

06/04/2015 Visa received
06/25/2015 POE MCO - Orlando, Florida
08/27/2015 GC in mail

ROC
05/01/2017 I-751 sent (CSC), delivered 05/03/2017
05/11/2017 cash checked
05/13/17 NOA arrived, dated 05/03/17
06/05/17 biometrics letter arrived
06/15/17 biometrics appointment
08/14/18 Approved / Card will be produced and mailed
08/21/18 GC in mailbox DONE!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jamy2014 said:

Yes, same here!

I  hope that mean something good this waiting game is killing me am evening forgetting how to spell my name. 

11 minutes ago, nywestq said:

Just got in from my Infopass and the immigration officer was very nice. NYC FIELD OFFICE

So she explained to me the CRI-89 Receipt Number from the biometrics is actually what we should track as the I751 receipt number is really an internal number for officers so they understand the wording of everything. she explained to me however thats why all the received at local office for the I751 number has been showing up. She explained to me that at the internal level the "local office" that the case has been received at is actually Vermont in my case and California service centre for others being that its for form Removal of Conditions. She explained that the files have been in storage for a whole year but until the immigration officer needs the files they will request it Or a bulk and when a worker sends it to them it will come up as Received by Local office so its no longer in a vault but actually in the office to be processed. When they start to work on it that update might come again and do remember they are in bulks so updates might not show up same time. She told me when the form gets transferred you will get a "Transferred to new office and that office has jurisdiction for your case" followed by the notice in the mail. She told me for internal matters the local office for each form is where u filed it based on your address. However the Local Field Office for a person is based on zip code. so local office goes by form and where they are filed and Local Field office is by your zip code. there was so much more I learnt from her however I don't want to bore you too much so I explained as much as I could. I went there for the extension stamp and was given a 60 day validity stamp as she said the system showing that I had a DOB and Name update a few days ago and yesterday my case was approved. also I was told most updates tend to show up  2 to 3 days after its entered into the system. So Im now waiting on my approval letter in the mail which she assume I will have by Monday. she wanted to print the approval for me which I didn't know was possible however it wouldn't allow her as the approved hasn't updated on the case status site yet but she could see I was approved.

ROC

NOA: March 20, 2017

BIOMETRICS: April 17, 2017

751 Receipt number: case received at local office February 24, 2018 then switched to February 27, 2018

March 15, 2018: On march 14 we corrected your Date of Birth for you case 

March 15, 2018: On march 14 we corrected your name for your case

N400

Filed Online: Feb 11, 2018

NOA: Feb 11, 2018

BIO: scheduled for march 5th 2018 (walk in February 23)

Congrats!!!

53 minutes ago, nywestq said:

Just got in from my Infopass and the immigration officer was very nice. NYC FIELD OFFICE

So she explained to me the CRI-89 Receipt Number from the biometrics is actually what we should track as the I751 receipt number is really an internal number for officers so they understand the wording of everything. she explained to me however thats why all the received at local office for the I751 number has been showing up. She explained to me that at the internal level the "local office" that the case has been received at is actually Vermont in my case and California service centre for others being that its for form Removal of Conditions. She explained that the files have been in storage for a whole year but until the immigration officer needs the files they will request it Or a bulk and when a worker sends it to them it will come up as Received by Local office so its no longer in a vault but actually in the office to be processed. When they start to work on it that update might come again and do remember they are in bulks so updates might not show up same time. She told me when the form gets transferred you will get a "Transferred to new office and that office has jurisdiction for your case" followed by the notice in the mail. She told me for internal matters the local office for each form is where u filed it based on your address. However the Local Field Office for a person is based on zip code. so local office goes by form and where they are filed and Local Field office is by your zip code. there was so much more I learnt from her however I don't want to bore you too much so I explained as much as I could. I went there for the extension stamp and was given a 60 day validity stamp as she said the system showing that I had a DOB and Name update a few days ago and yesterday my case was approved. also I was told most updates tend to show up  2 to 3 days after its entered into the system. So Im now waiting on my approval letter in the mail which she assume I will have by Monday. she wanted to print the approval for me which I didn't know was possible however it wouldn't allow her as the approved hasn't updated on the case status site yet but she could see I was approved.

ROC

751 Receipt number: case received at local office February 24, 2018 then switched to February 27, 2018

N400

thank you for sharing!

13 hours ago, nywestq said:

ROC

N400

Thanks for the update! Hope you get the mail soon.

23 hours ago, dp1987 said:

Hi all,

We received an RFE [NOA 3/27/17] because I (arrogantly) only submitted 1 month's bank statement and 1 year's IRS transcript  (2015)

Would you say the following additional information would satisfy as financial co-mingling?

Unfortunately, I don't have my wife's name on the house deed/mortgages (was purchased before we got married) nor any utility bills. To further complicate things the house was purchased by me with my parents (all 3 names are on the deed and mortgage) before I got married.  Can I explain this in a letter and attach it or should I get my wife's name added before resubmitting the evidence?

Furthermore; we have no children, no joint debt (she has student loans), will, trust, etc. 

Good luck! We got an RFE too 1-2 weeks ago. We don't have any utility bills/mortgages either.  What about family affidavits, car insurance?  We are doing those + car insurance statement that says I'm on there too and some other things. Tax returns from 2014 till 2017(somehow we forgot it :o.) Copy of driver licenses (same address).

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

On 3/15/2018 at 12:19 PM, dp1987 said:

Hi all,

When did you file your i-751? i'm just curious how far down the line has CSC gone with March filers

7 minutes ago, tiffynets said:

When did you file your i-751? i'm just curious how far down the line has CSC gone with March filers

i dont think csc starts to work march cases,  dp1987 is in new jersey, so her/his belongs to vsc

Edited by gc@gc

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The processing time has changed...VSC is now on Feb 27,2017 as of Jan 31st. NOA is March 8, for chrissakes and still nothing. Its almost like someone kept my file aside cos I dnt know how else to explain this. 

Apologises to CSC filers though

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.