3,010 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chairmaine said:

Also, I got a new extension letter but it states "this notice, presented with your expired Permanent Resident Card, is evidence of the 18-month extension of your status and work authorization.

My problem is I had my passport stamped on May and they took my greencard. Now, we have plans on going out of the country. Will they allow me to enter the US without th expired

greencard?

As long as you have the i551 stamp in your passport (that doesn't expire when you travel), it's fine. I traveled out of the country with the stamp and no green card - the officers know the protocol is to take the green card. 

K1

Nov 7, 2013 - i-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

Nov 16, 2013 - noa 1 received

feb 20, 2014 - noa 2 approved

march 5, 2014 - case number assigned at NVC

march 14, 2014 - case received by local embassy

april 4, 2014 - interview

may 1, 2014 - visa in hand

june 13, 2014 - POE: Boston

AOS

Aug 1, 2014 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 6, 2014 - NOA1

Aug 19, 2014 - Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD

Sept 29, 2014 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Mid-Nov - Potential Waiver of Interview letter received

End of May 2015 - renewed my EAD/AP, got the NOA1 and another letter stating that I don't need to do biometrics appt.

June 11, 2015 - welcome to America letter! (no interview...no service request..)

June 16, 2015 - green card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, relativeways said:

As long as you have the i551 stamp in your passport (that doesn't expire when you travel), it's fine. I traveled out of the country with the stamp and no green card - the officers know the protocol is to take the green card. 

Thank you. Good to hear from those who really had a first hand experience. 

26 minutes ago, Didier Drogba said:

Anyone like me, no transfer letter, no any update. Only receive notification transfer to a new office. So frustrated

I am an April 2017 filer but same here! No updates what so ever and no transfer letter either, just transferred to local office notification glitch back in February 2018 like everyone else. The wait is killing me!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline

I haven't been keeping track of this thread. I hope many of March applicants are approved or almost towards the finish line. Last week I got a notification that they are producing my GC but I filed for Naturalization while my I-751 was pending back in March. My N-400 got approved last week and in 2 weeks I will have my oath ceremony. I am very happy I will be over with the gruelling journey but it's worth it. I am praying for all of you. Regards  

Edited by Name O Boy

so I got an update today from USCIS but not DHS that my card is mailed out and with a tracking number. So I logged on DHS and guess what - no update there, it still shows the latest update that my case was approved, USCIS shows the card is mailed with USPS but the status before it is about the transfer... So random. you need to check both and make sense of it.

Like 2w ago or so, I also got an extension letter for 18months but I have a i551 stamp for a year in my passport so Im sure I did not need the extension letter since it expires before the stamp.. I think they send it to anyone within the given timeline, so I do not think it means anything since it can happen that you receive the both things (the letter and the card) the same day, lol.

Edited by p1po2w

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

I haven't been keeping track of this thread. I hope many of March applicants are approved or almost towards the finish line. Last week I got a notification that they are producing my GC but I filed for Naturalization while my I-751 was pending back in March. My N-400 got approved last week and in 2 weeks I will have my oath ceremony. I am very happy I will be over with the gruelling journey but it's worth it. I am praying for all of you. Regards  

Wait, you got the notification that you were approved for the GC before you had the N-400 interview? Or did you mean this all happened after you were approved for citizenship?

Just asking because it seemed like most people here believed that everyone who filed the N-400 while the I-751 was still pending would get a combo interview for both while only people who had NOT filed an N-400 seemed to be getting the GC approvals now. Maybe I misunderstood your wording on that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
14 minutes ago, tcksloth said:

Wait, you got the notification that you were approved for the GC before you had the N-400 interview? Or did you mean this all happened after you were approved for citizenship?

Just asking because it seemed like most people here believed that everyone who filed the N-400 while the I-751 was still pending would get a combo interview for both while only people who had NOT filed an N-400 seemed to be getting the GC approvals now. Maybe I misunderstood your wording on that?

To be precise, I had a joint Interview it was on August-1. The officer took my N-400 interview first and then moved to the I-751 part of the interview. I was not approved on the day of my interview The IO told me she needs few days. Within 8 or 9 days I got my first notification it was for the N-400. My N-400 and I-751 approved on the same day but somehow the N-400 approval notification came 4 days before the ROC approval notification. I am talking about online status. When I got the approval letter for my I-751 few days ago the approval date was the same as my N-400. I hope I answered your question or clarified the ambiguity. Best wishes 

Edited by Name O Boy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown rather large, so it's being closed.  The continuation thread is here:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/682036-i-751-march-2017-filers-part-ii/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.