3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, agnesita84 said:

Am I the only March filer who still has ZERO news of interview?

Ah no i file on the 13 of march 2017 and still nothing keeping my finger cross.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

2 hours ago, Bast' said:

No.....same:(

Thanks guys. What are your field offices? Mine is San Antonio, TX.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, agnesita84 said:

No - I am in Orlando and I know two other march filers with no news. check the processing time of your city.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, raulgon2493 said:

No - I am in Orlando and I know two other march filers with no news. check the processing time of your city.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Am in california when i check it said they working on January filer 2017

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

Am in california when i check it said they working on January filer 2017

Orlando is January 15th as of December 31

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 6:21 PM, agnesita84 said:

On 2/6/2018 at 6:34 PM, Shanshanjamrock said:

Yesterday I called costumer service and spoke with a Tier 2 officer. I asked If he could provide me any information regarding my case, since next month it's going to be an year since I filed. He wasn't able to inform me a estimate date for approval, but he could tell me that my case is now in my Field Office and that it was eligible to an interview waive. Also, he said that I was not in the interview queue, so it is most likely that I won't have interview at all. I know that it is not a final answer, but is good to have some information at all.

I know some of you already know that, but if you guys try to call Costumer Service I highly recommend ask to be transferred to a Tier 2 Officer. I asked the same questions to the fist person who answer the call and it was a complete waste of time. She just told me the processing times that I can access here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do . The Tier 2 Officer was really nice and solved all my questions.

got approval texts and emails this morning - but no physical letter yet. yay!

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

1 hour ago, Day1989 said:

Yesterday I called costumer service and spoke with a Tier 2 officer. I asked If he could provide me any information regarding my case, since next month it's going to be an year since I filed. He wasn't able to inform me a estimate date for approval, but he could tell me that my case is now in my Field Office and that it was eligible to an interview waive. Also, he said that I was not in the interview queue, so it is most likely that I won't have interview at all. I know that it is not a final answer, but is good to have some information at all.

I know some of you already know that, but if you guys try to call Costumer Service I highly recommend ask to be transferred to a Tier 2 Officer. I asked the same questions to the fist person who answer the call and it was a complete waste of time. She just told me the processing times that I can access here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do . The Tier 2 Officer was really nice and solved all my questions.

if your papers are now at your field office it is highly unlikely that you won't have an interview. They transfer the cases to the field offices in order to have an interview scheduled not to waive it. Speak to another tier 2 and see whether he gives you the same answers... I doubt it....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

if your papers are now at your field office it is highly unlikely that you won't have an interview. They transfer the cases to the field offices in order to have an interview scheduled not to waive it. Speak to another tier 2 and see whether he gives you the same answers... I doubt it....

Yeah. That's what I read here before. I had this same information months ago from my congressman, that my interview was waived, so that's why asked just to make sure. 
I am really not worried if I have an interview. But it was good to have some updates.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Day1989 said:

Yeah. That's what I read here before. I had this same information months ago from my congressman, that my interview was waived, so that's why asked just to make sure. 
I am really not worried if I have an interview. But it was good to have some updates.

they are K1 filiers - often get interviews waived 

50 minutes ago, raulgon2493 said:

they are K1 filiers - often get interviews waived 

yes that is correct. However the interview gets waived while the case is still in Missouri not when it was transferred to the field office. It gets transferred to be scheduled for an interview, not to have it waived. The Tier 2 likely communicated the wrong info that it was transferred to a field office even though it hasn't (happens more often than you think).

That was my point... I am obviously aware that K1s before October 2017 can have their AOS interview waived. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Californiansunset said:

yes that is correct. However the interview gets waived while the case is still in Missouri not when it was transferred to the field office. It gets transferred to be scheduled for an interview, not to have it waived. The Tier 2 likely communicated the wrong info that it was transferred to a field office even though it hasn't (happens more often than you think).

That was my point... I am obviously aware that K1s before October 2017 can have their AOS interview waived. 

thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.