3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Denis & San said:

Just received in the mail today that my interview for Adjustment of Status has been scheduled for November 6.  Case status wasn't updated online.  

Congrats on the interview date and good luck with the interview.

Today we received Approval NOA in the mail for AOS. Approval date September 28th

Edited by vosovski

3/24/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP mailed to Chicago, IL PO box

3/25/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP delivered to Chicago, IL PO box

3/27/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP picked up from Chicago, IL PO box

4/5/2017 : Received 3 NOA text messages

4/10/2017 : Received 3 NOA letters in mail. Notice date April 4 2017; Received date 3/27/2017

4/14/2017 : Received letter in mail for biometrics appointment. Scheduled on April 24th

4/24/2017 : Biometrics completed in 30 minutes, no problemo.

5/11/2017 : Status for AOS updated, RFIE

5/15/2017 : Received RFIE letter. I-864 does not meet requirements

5/16/2017 : RFIE Response sent with co-sponsor's I-864 as well as copy of DS-3025

5/17/2017 : RFIE Response delivered and signed for

5/19/2017 : Status for AOS updated, RFIE response received

6/12/2017 : Filed online service request for I-765 (EAD)

6/14/2017 : Received response to I-765 (EAD) online service request. Case within processing time

7/10/2017 : Filed second online service request for I-765 (EAD)

7/18:2017 : Received response to second I-765 (EAD) online service request. Case is under review and decision or notice will be sent soon.

8/2/2017 : 75 days since USCIS received RFIE response. 

8/22/2017 : Interview for AOS is scheduled on September 27th, Portland OR office

9/1/2017 : EAD case status changed to new EAD card is being produced

9/6/2017 : AP case status changed to "Case was approved"

9/6/2017 : EAD case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

9/9/2017 : EAD/AP combo card received in mail

9/27/2017 : AOS Interview: Approved

9/28/2017 : AOS case status changed to "New card is being produced"

10/2/2017 : AOS NOA Approval letter received in mail. Approval date 9/28/2017

10/4/2017 : Green Card mailed via USPS Priority Mail (info from USPS Informed Delivery)

10/6/2017 : Green Card received in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Submitted a service request through the website because the I-485 has had no movement toward the interview. We had an RFIE 6 months ago that we immediately responded to (birth certificate even though it was in the original package). We really want to travel overseas to finally meet his family and have a honeymoon but are scared the interview will be scheduled during a trip after we book it

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, britontherun said:

Received green card yesterday by regular mail.... 6 days after interview...

Out of curiosity did they use the picture taken at biometrics appointment for the card?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I have got 2nd times RFE today again. This time RFE is sent from my field office, they want me to send my divorce decree with my ex husband. I hope after sending back its response they ll schedule for my interview. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 9/29/2017 at 1:43 PM, antoineD said:

same thing here. made me scared they assumed i was a citizen and automatically registered me to vote, too, while they're at it, but they didn't.

gotta be a cali thing.

Not everyone. My expiry was set to EAD expiry date.

On 10/5/2017 at 5:31 AM, marmax said:

Out of curiosity did they use the picture taken at biometrics appointment for the card?

Not for mine :-)

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, arc1993 said:

Just saw on my informed delivery that my local office sent a letter today. My interview is in 5 days. Any idea of what it could be???

That's a little odd so short before the interview. No matter what it is, I'd still attend the interview date unless the coming letter is a cancellation letter.

Just out of curiosity, how can you see what letters they sent? The only thing I can do with informed delivery is see what mail will be delivered today. I can't see anything in advance.

1 hour ago, TL2016 said:

That's a little odd so short before the interview. No matter what it is, I'd still attend the interview date unless the coming letter is a cancellation letter.

Just out of curiosity, how can you see what letters they sent? The only thing I can do with informed delivery is see what mail will be delivered today. I can't see anything in advance.

Yeah it was in the mail today, so I saw it came from USCIS local office.

The letter is addressed to me (applicant) and is asking me to bring my identification and bona fide marriage evidence to the interview... basically the same stuff that was on the interview notice?!

I don't get it. Maybe the local office received my file with missing info... I sent all of that in the original package.

54 minutes ago, arc1993 said:

Yeah it was in the mail today, so I saw it came from USCIS local office.

The letter is addressed to me (applicant) and is asking me to bring my identification and bona fide marriage evidence to the interview... basically the same stuff that was on the interview notice?!

I don't get it. Maybe the local office received my file with missing info... I sent all of that in the original package.

I am thinking maybe it could be releated to my birth certificate translation? I translated it myself and didn't have it certified. Anyone has tips on this? Thinking of getting certified translation with one of these online companies.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, arc1993 said:

Just saw on my informed delivery that my local office sent a letter today. My interview is in 5 days. Any idea of what it could be???

Yes try a translation company or a friend who knows both language that can certify for you.

I got a RFIE because of the translation doesn't show any certification and I sent back with a certified translation from a online translation company.

36 minutes ago, LaughingBuddha said:

Yes try a translation company or a friend who knows both language that can certify for you.

I got a RFIE because of the translation doesn't show any certification and I sent back with a certified translation from a online translation company.

What company did you use?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
1 minute ago, arc1993 said:

I used Day Translation and as at that time, certification is free. They will send you a quote after you scan and send them your document. Very cheap, fast and clean job. You can choose to get both the certification and the translated document via email attachment because sending via express courier will cost extra money for you. I received mine via email back. 

https://www.daytranslations.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
9 minutes ago, arc1993 said:

This is their full contact info. I had to pull it out now. Whichever way you choose to contact them, they will respond. 

Day Translation Inc.

contact@daytranslations.com

https://www.daytranslations.com/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
53 minutes ago, arc1993 said:

I used rush translate, the price is higher, but faster if you are in rush.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.