3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Just now, ndwedding said:

Hi,

we also received the ead combo card (7/25) but im wondering how long to wait for the interview before calling about it. I feel like the interview should have already been scheduled its been over 130 days for us. Have you called? good luck ! best wishes :) we are in san fernando area also btw 

No I haven't called.  I figured it's not been 4 months yet for me.  I hear the wait time for interview waiver is like 5-6 months.  I'm ok with it since I have my work permit, but ultimately, when it approaches 5 months...I may call at that time.

K1 VISA

09/21/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

09/22/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

09/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

10/01/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

11/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

11/05/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F

11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Left NVC to Consulate/Embassy

11/29/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/27/16....Medical

01/03/17....Interview

01/05/17....Visa Issued

01/10/17...Visa in Hand

01/28/17....POE at LAX

02/10/17....Got married.

AOS

03/09/17....Sent AOS Package

03/13/17....AOS Delivered

04/10/17....Checks cashed

04/11/17....NOA1 Texts and Emails 

04/17/17...Received hard copies in the mail

04/19/17...Received RFIE Notice via text and email

04/21/17...Received biometrics letters for wife and daughter in the mail

04/24/17...Received RFIE letter in the mail (they need I-864 even though I sent them the right form)

04/25/17...Sent RFIE via USPS Express mail 

04/26/17...RFIE package delivered and signed for.

04/28/17...Received notification via text that USCIS received our RFIE and that the case was updated again.

05/03/17...Biometric appointment for wife and daughter.

05/31/17...Received RFE via text and email for I765 & I-131

06/05/17...Received hard copies of RFE (they want to know whether to send documents to preparer's address or mailing address, which are the same...grrr) 

06/06/17...Sent USPS overnight express response of RFE to USCIS

06/07/17...USCIS received response to RFE

06/14/17...New EAD status: New Card is Being Produced

06/16/17....New EAD status: Card was Mailed to Me

06/19/17....Received hard copies of EAD/AP approvals

06/22/17....Received EAD/AP combo card.

11/06/17....AOS Interview scheduled: APPROVED!!

11/15/17... Received Green Card in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Denis & San said:

No I haven't called.  I figured it's not been 4 months yet for me.  I hear the wait time for interview waiver is like 5-6 months.  I'm ok with it since I have my work permit, but ultimately, when it approaches 5 months...I may call at that time.

Oh wow that long.. my concern was that we want to go on a family cruise to  mexico but i was under the impression that the advanced parole was only for emergencies. Have you traveled while on AP? 

3/27 aos sent

4/4 check cashed 

4/4 received texts case accepted (pd date)

4/10 received NOA 1 in the mail

4/15 biometrics appt letter received

4//27 had fingerprints taken

4/28 rfe - lost marriage cert 

5/5 mailed marriage cert to uscis

5/15 status changed to response to rfe received

6/13 status changed to 'ready to schedule for interview'

6/22 sent SR for EAD 

7/1 SR response 'due to rfe response received on 5/15. 90 days processing starts on 5/15. 

7/13 100 DAYS MARK from aos date 

7/23 Received eap and ap approval letters

7/25 status changed to 'card was mailed'

7/28 Received ead and ap combo card! 

8/4 4 MONTHS SINCE 4/4 

8/12 130 day mark from AOS received date

9/1 150 day mark from AOS received date

11/2 received an interview date for 12/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Oh wow that long.. my concern was that we want to go on a family cruise to  mexico but i was under the impression that the advanced parole was only for emergencies. Have you traveled while on AP? 

No, it's not just for emergencies.  It's for any type of travel.  The only downside is that you are still being scrutinized and may be denied entry if they think something's not right.  And no, I haven't travelled while on AP.  I have no plans to.  Trying to save money for future travels and by then, I should have my green card.  

K1 VISA

09/21/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

09/22/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

09/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

10/01/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

11/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

11/05/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F

11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Left NVC to Consulate/Embassy

11/29/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/27/16....Medical

01/03/17....Interview

01/05/17....Visa Issued

01/10/17...Visa in Hand

01/28/17....POE at LAX

02/10/17....Got married.

AOS

03/09/17....Sent AOS Package

03/13/17....AOS Delivered

04/10/17....Checks cashed

04/11/17....NOA1 Texts and Emails 

04/17/17...Received hard copies in the mail

04/19/17...Received RFIE Notice via text and email

04/21/17...Received biometrics letters for wife and daughter in the mail

04/24/17...Received RFIE letter in the mail (they need I-864 even though I sent them the right form)

04/25/17...Sent RFIE via USPS Express mail 

04/26/17...RFIE package delivered and signed for.

04/28/17...Received notification via text that USCIS received our RFIE and that the case was updated again.

05/03/17...Biometric appointment for wife and daughter.

05/31/17...Received RFE via text and email for I765 & I-131

06/05/17...Received hard copies of RFE (they want to know whether to send documents to preparer's address or mailing address, which are the same...grrr) 

06/06/17...Sent USPS overnight express response of RFE to USCIS

06/07/17...USCIS received response to RFE

06/14/17...New EAD status: New Card is Being Produced

06/16/17....New EAD status: Card was Mailed to Me

06/19/17....Received hard copies of EAD/AP approvals

06/22/17....Received EAD/AP combo card.

11/06/17....AOS Interview scheduled: APPROVED!!

11/15/17... Received Green Card in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ndwedding said:

Not true at all. You can use it for any reason, as long as it's somewhat reasonable like going to visit family, going on a vacation / honeymoon etc. Though I wouldn't suggest visiting "black list" country, but Mexico definitely isn't one of them. 

Just now, Denis & San said:

No, it's not just for emergencies.  It's for any type of travel.  The only downside is that you are still being scrutinized and may be denied entry if they think something's not right.  And no, I haven't travelled while on AP.  I have no plans to.  Trying to save money for future travels and by then, I should have my green card.  

Even that doesn't have to be true. Yeah you may get asked a few more questions than the regular green card holder, but it's more of a formality rather than something tough you have to go through.

As for the interview wait time: 5-6 months for an interview waiver is fast. LA is one of the faster offices, but that still doesn't mean that you'll get done super quickly. You've just recently passed the 4 month mark I see, you still have a bit to go before any calls will be answered with anything else but "Your case is within normal processing times.". The earliest is 6 months after your received date, that's when you can put in a service request and even then most of the time it gets answered with the usual "Your case is within normal processing times." or "There has been unexpected delays with processing applications..." and so on.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, ndwedding said:

I traveled on AP twice (Germany and Mexico) I had no problems . They'll send you to second review but it was smooth both times I traveled. Just make sure you take all your documents with you like marriage certificate etc in case they ask for it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
4 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

Not true at all. You can use it for any reason, as long as it's somewhat reasonable like going to visit family, going on a vacation / honeymoon etc. Though I wouldn't suggest visiting "black list" country, but Mexico definitely isn't one of them. 

Even that doesn't have to be true. Yeah you may get asked a few more questions than the regular green card holder, but it's more of a formality rather than something tough you have to go through.

As for the interview wait time: 5-6 months for an interview waiver is fast. LA is one of the faster offices, but that still doesn't mean that you'll get done super quickly. You've just recently passed the 4 month mark I see, you still have a bit to go before any calls will be answered with anything else but "Your case is within normal processing times.". The earliest is 6 months after your received date, that's when you can put in a service request and even then most of the time it gets answered with the usual "Your case is within normal processing times." or "There has been unexpected delays with processing applications..." and so on.

Thanks so much !!! i was waiting for the interview letter before buying cruise tickets but i see even if i get the letter now the interview wont be until after the scheduled trip (9/10) thanks again and good luck!

Just now, Ariii said:

I traveled on AP twice (Germany and Mexico) I had no problems . They'll send you to second review but it was smooth both times I traveled. Just make sure you take all your documents with you like marriage certificate etc in case they ask for it. 

this is awesome news - thank you!

3/27 aos sent

4/4 check cashed 

4/4 received texts case accepted (pd date)

4/10 received NOA 1 in the mail

4/15 biometrics appt letter received

4//27 had fingerprints taken

4/28 rfe - lost marriage cert 

5/5 mailed marriage cert to uscis

5/15 status changed to response to rfe received

6/13 status changed to 'ready to schedule for interview'

6/22 sent SR for EAD 

7/1 SR response 'due to rfe response received on 5/15. 90 days processing starts on 5/15. 

7/13 100 DAYS MARK from aos date 

7/23 Received eap and ap approval letters

7/25 status changed to 'card was mailed'

7/28 Received ead and ap combo card! 

8/4 4 MONTHS SINCE 4/4 

8/12 130 day mark from AOS received date

9/1 150 day mark from AOS received date

11/2 received an interview date for 12/11

Timeline

Thanks so much !!! i was waiting for the interview letter before buying cruise tickets but i see even if i get the letter now the interview wont be until after the scheduled trip (9/10) thanks again and good luck!

The interview appointment is usually one month (+/- a few days) from the day of the interview notice. So you should absolutely be fine if the trip ends on the 10th of September.

15 hours ago, marmax said:

Hey there, pretty quiet here since Thursday!

Can I get a shout out from anyone waiting for AOS interview in Dallas?

I have been in "ready" status since May 23rd!

Not Dallas but we are waiting on Houston office or MSC. I'm really not sure how they work AOS cases. Our case still says Fingerprint fee received though. 

Who here has ever gotten a letter from USCIS without knowing what it is about? I have informed delivery from USPS and this morning I got an alert saying I was receiving mail from USCIS so I checked online and nothing has changed. 

I'm just being a bit curious what other people's experience is with that.

Thanks and have a great day everyone!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Who here has ever gotten a letter from USCIS without knowing what it is about? I have informed delivery from USPS and this morning I got an alert saying I was receiving mail from USCIS so I checked online and nothing has changed. 

I'm just being a bit curious what other people's experience is with that.

Thanks and have a great day everyone!

I have not, but yours might be an interview scheduled notice. Recently there have been more cases where it goes from fingerprint fee received straight to interview scheduled without an online update.

By the way, how did you sign up for informed delivery? I can't sign up for it whatsoever. I tried online verification and in person verification, but even that doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it is because my DL says "Temporary Visitor" on it?

I may have my wife try and sign up for it instead.

1 minute ago, TL2016 said:

I have not, but yours might be an interview scheduled notice. Recently there have been more cases where it goes from fingerprint fee received straight to interview scheduled without an online update.

By the way, how did you sign up for informed delivery? I can't sign up for it whatsoever. I tried online verification and in person verification, but even that doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it is because my DL says "Temporary Visitor" on it?

I may have my wife try and sign up for it instead.

My husband and I tried to apply for a loan last year and they tried to use my name to. This was still in the system and I found it when I made a login for MyUSPS. Guess I got lucky. But yeah your wife can totally sign up for that, I see almost all the mail that is send to our address, somethings like magazines don't show up somehow. (But lets be honest, that isn't really what we care about right now :D)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Finally some good news on my wife's AOS case. We are scheduled for interview on September 27th, Portland OR office :D:D:D

EAD and AP status are still the same, but at this point I think they do not matter.

3/24/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP mailed to Chicago, IL PO box

3/25/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP delivered to Chicago, IL PO box

3/27/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP picked up from Chicago, IL PO box

4/5/2017 : Received 3 NOA text messages

4/10/2017 : Received 3 NOA letters in mail. Notice date April 4 2017; Received date 3/27/2017

4/14/2017 : Received letter in mail for biometrics appointment. Scheduled on April 24th

4/24/2017 : Biometrics completed in 30 minutes, no problemo.

5/11/2017 : Status for AOS updated, RFIE

5/15/2017 : Received RFIE letter. I-864 does not meet requirements

5/16/2017 : RFIE Response sent with co-sponsor's I-864 as well as copy of DS-3025

5/17/2017 : RFIE Response delivered and signed for

5/19/2017 : Status for AOS updated, RFIE response received

6/12/2017 : Filed online service request for I-765 (EAD)

6/14/2017 : Received response to I-765 (EAD) online service request. Case within processing time

7/10/2017 : Filed second online service request for I-765 (EAD)

7/18:2017 : Received response to second I-765 (EAD) online service request. Case is under review and decision or notice will be sent soon.

8/2/2017 : 75 days since USCIS received RFIE response. 

8/22/2017 : Interview for AOS is scheduled on September 27th, Portland OR office

9/1/2017 : EAD case status changed to new EAD card is being produced

9/6/2017 : AP case status changed to "Case was approved"

9/6/2017 : EAD case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

9/9/2017 : EAD/AP combo card received in mail

9/27/2017 : AOS Interview: Approved

9/28/2017 : AOS case status changed to "New card is being produced"

10/2/2017 : AOS NOA Approval letter received in mail. Approval date 9/28/2017

10/4/2017 : Green Card mailed via USPS Priority Mail (info from USPS Informed Delivery)

10/6/2017 : Green Card received in mail

5 hours ago, vosovski said:

Finally some good news on my wife's AOS case. We are scheduled for interview on September 27th, Portland OR office :D:D:D

EAD and AP status are still the same, but at this point I think they do not matter.

Awesome... there's always light at the end of the tunnel, happy for you.

AOS Timeline:

05/01/2017: Forms I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago, IL (didn't include child's form I-765)

05/03/2017: Delivered.

05/10/2017: NOA1s received via text/email at 11:30pm.

05/15/2017: 5 NOA1s received via mail 

05/16/2017: Form I-765 (for child) sent to Chicago, IL.

05/20/2017: Biometrics appointment letter received.

05/22/2017: 1 NOA for form I-765 (for child)received by text/e-mail.

05/26/2017: 1 NOA received via mail.

06/02/2017: Biometrics done.

06/04/2017: Biom appt letter rec'd for child's form I-765

06/14/2017: Biometrics done.(for child)

06/14/2017: Both Forms I-485; Ready to be Scheduled for Interview.

08/18/2017: EAD, new card being produced.(day 108)

08/23/2017: EAD, card is being mailed (day 114)

08/26/2017: EAD card received (day happy)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

So I know the NY field office is SUPER behind, but I just heard about someone that filed in December 2016 and got an appointment for interview for Sept 2017. 
We filed at the end of March so keeping my hopes up that by Dec/Jan we'll have an appointment. Fingers crossed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.