3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Quick question to those who have already received any update on their I-485 past Fingerprint Fee Received or RFIE received:

Did it show a new "Last updated" date online on the USCIS website? Mine hasn't been "touched" since about a week before my biometrics appointment and I want to know if looking out for it is a good indicator whether to know if they're working on your file or not.

Edited by TL2016

4 hours ago, emchappie said:

Mini update: After not receiving an email on the completion of my service request and expecting a letter this week.... I checked my status this morning and my case status has changed to;

"New Card Is Being Produced" 

:):):):):)

Very excited, and sending all my positivity to anyone who needs the positive vibes for the upcoming week. 

Congratulations.....I guess next step is SS number, then drivers licence or state ID if you already haven't done so

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Armmartz said:

Hi guys! May I ask how long does it usually take from the status to change from "card is being produced" to "card is being mailed to me"? Also, how long does it usually take for USPS to deliver it to the applicant? 

2 days from "card being produced" to :card mailed to me" as per my own case,waiting for it to come in the mail 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr&MrsZene said:

Praising The Lord we received our Approval notice for our EAD/AP!! Status shows cards have been mailed out since 6/16/17!!! Wait on the Lord l; be humble and of good courage...🙏🏾🙌🏾😍

Congrats!

1 hour ago, Donnell said:

Congratulations.....I guess next step is SS number, then drivers licence or state ID if you already haven't done so

I already have SSN from working in the states before, I'm not sure if I need ring them to tell them I'm authorised to work? 

And just getting used to the roads before I take my test. Orlando roads are insane. 

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

7 hours ago, emchappie said:

I already have SSN from working in the states before, I'm not sure if I need ring them to tell them I'm authorised to work? 

And just getting used to the roads before I take my test. Orlando roads are insane. 

I'm not sure as I got my SSN after EAD

Got my SR in the mail yesterday and they say I'm in normal processing times. I'm on day 88 today with no RFE/RFIE. 

Trying to stay positive here, but it's getting harder everyday.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
17 hours ago, thorin said:

After my request put online about the EAD last week was returned a day later via email with this:
'Type of service requested:
 -- Beyond Committed Processing Time
The status of this service request is:
Our review indicates that this case is within our current processing time. We regret any misunderstanding. If you do not receive a decision or notice of other action within our current processing time, check our website for an update or call customer service at the number provided below.'

Today I went to my local USCIS Field Office with a scheduled appointment which was set up before I placed a service request. I was in and out of the building within fifteen minutes and was told that they have been for the last month trying to schedule and interview for the AOS and are finalising biometrics for the EAD and AP. I was really worried that I hadn't received post/mail that was sent to my address and they were waiting for a response! Thankfully it is just the USCIS being slow about things. 

It's day 98 for the EAD so I'm glad the field office cleared my mind up a lot. Just have the long or potentially short wait to go :)

That's great news from your field office visit.

I had the virtually the same SR response. I'm thinking their case load is particularly high right now rather than a problem with your application :-) 

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

It took me a little while to write here about my experience with USCIS costumer service, because I am still a little upset, but I think it's important to share and maybe you have some advice regarding this situation.

I am adjusting from K1 and I filed for AOS, EAD and AP on March 3rd, and got my biometrics on March 28th. Got no RFE/RFIE so far. My cases are pending for more than 90 days.

So on June 7, I requested an inquiry about the status of my EAD. I did it by phone, since I was not able to do it online (somehow this form wasn’t available). I checked my case history online and one day later it was assigned to an officer and completed. But I never received any responses on it.

Right now, getting the advance parole is the most important thing to me, because I have to come back to Brazil in September to my formal wedding. So later, on June 9 I requested to expedite my AP. I talked to a Tier 2 Officer, and he was really nice and helpful but he seemed to be training someone during the call. During our talk we discovered that that the person who did my last inquiry wrote my e-mail incorrectly, and he supposedly corrected it. On June 16 I got a letter from NBC telling me they would not grant me the expedite because I didn’t provide evidence for my request. The thing is I never received any request for evidence.

I called them again yesterday, and discovered that my e-mail was still incorrect, and I am pretty sure I missed something due to this. And now the SR representative is telling me that I am unable to have another expedite for 30 days.

I am sorry for writing such a long post, but I am very disappointed with all this situation. I really would like you not to judge me because I asked to expedite my AP because of my wedding - I’ve seen many persons that don’t agree with expedites being granted to this kind of “emergency”, but I really planned this months ahead and never expected it to take this long. I have the felling that I going to be the one person who takes 200 days to get approve.

I tried to schedule an Infopass apointment, but there are not dates available. So I think my next move is trying to contact a Congressman, but I have no idea how to do it. Actually everything I did so far (inquiry, expedite, how to talk to a Tier 2 Officer) was only possible because of all of the information I found here, so I thank you all for that.

Sorry again for the long post!

Edited by Day1989

Another update on our case. Another RFIE :crying:. This time again I-864. Tax return for 2016 missing. Before we send documents for the first RFIE we went to USCIS to check everything and they didn't told us that. I lost every hope. I am so scared now.  I will go to USCIS again but how to believe them. I am happy for everyone that have updates. I wish we are lucky like that.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Day1989 said:

Hi all,

It took me a little while to write here about my experience with USCIS costumer service, because I am still a little upset, but I think it's important to share and maybe you have some advice regarding this situation.

I am adjusting from K1 and I filed for AOS, EAD and AP on March 3rd, and got my biometrics on March 28th. Got no RFE/RFIE so far. My cases are pending for more than 90 days.

So on June 7, I requested an inquiry about the status of my EAD. I did it by phone, since I was not able to do it online (somehow this form wasn’t available). I checked my case history online and one day later it was assigned to an officer and completed. But I never received any responses on it.

Right now, getting the advance parole is the most important thing to me, because I have to come back to Brazil in September to my formal wedding. So later, on June 9 I requested to expedite my AP. I talked to a Tier 2 Officer, and he was really nice and helpful but he seemed to be training someone during the call. During our talk we discovered that that the person who did my last inquiry wrote my e-mail incorrectly, and he supposedly corrected it. On June 16 I got a letter from NBC telling me they would not grant me the expedite because I didn’t provide evidence for my request. The thing is I never received any request for evidence.

I called them again yesterday, and discovered that my e-mail was still incorrect, and I am pretty sure I missed something due to this. And now the SR representative is telling me that I am unable to have another expedite for 30 days.

I am sorry for writing such a long post, but I am very disappointed with all this situation. I really would like you not to judge me because I asked to expedite my AP because of my wedding - I’ve seen many persons that don’t agree with expedites being granted to this kind of “emergency”, but I really planned this months ahead and never expected it to take this long. I have the felling that I going to be the one person who takes 200 days to get approve.

I tried to schedule an Infopass apointment, but there are not dates available. So I think my next move is trying to contact a Congressman, but I have no idea how to do it. Actually everything I did so far (inquiry, expedite, how to talk to a Tier 2 Officer) was only possible because of all of the information I found here, so I thank you all for that.

Sry for what u are going through but I am sure that u will make it for your wedding in September. Our formal wedding is at the end of September too n I am hoping that I will get my EAD n AP way before that. Stay the strong n dot be discourage. PD 4/28/17. One love

49 minutes ago, IkaStuart said:

Another update on our case. Another RFIE :crying:. This time again I-864. Tax return for 2016 missing. Before we send documents for the first RFIE we went to USCIS to check everything and they didn't told us that. I lost every hope. I am so scared now.  I will go to USCIS again but how to believe them. I am happy for everyone that have updates. I wish we are lucky like that.

sorry to hear that. Do you mean the one we just filed early this year? I guess most of us didn't have 2016 tax return by the time we have filed, but I am surprised that they didn't mention it on your first RFIE but asking for it now.... 

03/14/2017 AOS package arrived (I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131)

03/23/2017 1st NOAs received (text and emails for all 4 forms)

03/23/2017 check cashed 

03/27/2017 1st NOAs received in mail

04/22/2017 biometric letter 

05/03/2017 biometric appointment 

05/09/2017 case is ready to be scheduled for interview 

07/03/2017 EAD card is being produced 

07/07/2017 EAD card is mailed to me

04/03/2018 Filed for EAD renewal 

06/15/2018 AOS interview was scheduled 

06/21/2018 received interview letter 

07/23/2018 interview

07/24/2018 case approved 

07/28/2018 card in hand 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Sry for what u are going through but I am sure that u will make it for your wedding in September. Our formal wedding is at the end of September too n I am hoping that I will get my EAD n AP way before that. Stay the strong n dot be discourage. PD 4/28/17. One love

Thank you for the support! I am just sick of the lack of information that costumer service provide us :( But there is still time until September!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Day1989 said:

Hi all,

Wow I'm really sorry to hear that! Ok to find out a congressman just put it on google ( congressman plus your city)! I did that just in case I need a little help in the future ( I am April file, but I'm following this topic to have an idea how fast things going). I hope it can help!

Btw I'm Brazilian as well 🇧🇷

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called USCIS 6/10 since it was already 91days. Assigned a referral number and completed the mail response 6/12. Received the response via mail yesterday 6/19 with below message:

"Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly."

Today is 105 days... I missed job opportunities because of beyond 90days processing but what else could we do? It is just depressing when you are in financial difficulty and you can't get a job.  Praying for all of us here and hopefully we will get some good news pretty soon. God bless! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.