3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, IkaStuart said:

Hey guys. Congrats everyone on the progress. Just hold on!

I have a question. How long after they receive fingerprint fee do we get biometric appointment date? In my case status it says they recieve that on March 20.

We send ours on march 8,2017 they received it on march 10, 2017 and the notice date is march 18. I received the mail on 26. 

8 minutes ago, Arnel villarreal said:

We send ours on march 8,2017 they received it on march 10, 2017 and the notice date is march 18. I received the mail on 26. 

Biometrics appointment date in the mail or your NOAs? I recieved mailed NOAs on 25th. After online notice from 21st. They recieved package on 13th.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, IkaStuart said:

Biometrics appointment date in the mail or your NOAs? I recieved mailed NOAs on 25th. After online notice from 21st. They recieved package on 13th.

It's NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
4 hours ago, Pinkielicious said:

Thank you for your kind words, atuegwu! I understand that some of you might have waited for more than 20 days for texts/messages, but I'm still worried. This wait is not fun at all. The longer it takes, the more I'm afraid that something is missing or wrong with my package, and they'll send it back to me. For now, I'll just keep praying to receive their texts/messages soon.

I know what you're going through, I felt the same way until we received the text/emails. I was so worried that our package had some sort of issue, because they're two late AOS applications from K2 visas where the original K1 had already been approved. Turned out I had nothing to worry about. At least for now. :P

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Just got four texts and emails! It said we were routed to the national benefits center for processing. Will it go to another office after that? Thanks!

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

18 minutes ago, Apfel said:

Just got four texts and emails! It said we were routed to the national benefits center for processing. Will it go to another office after that? Thanks!

The documents might be send to your nearest field office but some applications might be processed at the NBC

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Apfel said:

congratulations and I think you will know when your biometrics appointment letter comes (my opinion though). I believe where you are sent for your biometrics should be your local field office...****I stand to be corrected. good luck

Timeline

Hi vj friends, 

Just want to update you guys that I've got the emails from uscis, around midnight (uscis  acceptance confirmation).. Praise God! Now waiting for the official receipt/i797 in the mail.. hopefully no RFE

I just have a question, how, when and how soon can I check for my case online and what case numbers will I use? Sorry if these questions have been asked before. 

Thanks and for those waiting, hang in there, you will have them soon. Good luck and God bless to us all! ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Apfel said:

Congrats 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, butterfly09 said:

Hi vj friends, 

Just want to update you guys that I've got the emails from uscis, around midnight (uscis  acceptance confirmation).. Praise God! Now waiting for the official receipt/i797 in the mail.. hopefully no RFE

I just have a question, how, when and how soon can I check for my case online and what case numbers will I use? Sorry if these questions have been asked before. 

Thanks and for those waiting, hang in there, you will have them soon. Good luck and God bless to us all! ?

Congrats 

Hi vj friends, 

The case numbers are the same ones as in your email NOA1s.

It usually takes some time until you can check your case online  (I could check my status 6 days after I received the emails). Wait until you receive the hard copies, then try if you can use the case numbers. 

You can check your cases online at www.uscis.gov

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi vj friends, 

You wouldn't receive an RFE right away, basically at this point they've skimmed the case and verified that all the basic necessities are there, and the NOA1 is confirming receipt of the case. An RFE would happen when they do some deeper digging and reading, and they find the case needs more information. What's nice is when adjusting from a K-1, they already have lots of information on you from the I-129F as well as your interview, so chances are you shouldn't really need to submit any proof of your relationship and from what I understand, K-1s more often than not have their AOS's approved without an interview since the interview you had at the U.S. consulate abroad usually suffices for AOS's interests, too.

Give it a few days before you can check your case status online.

Edited by zilchfox

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Becci391 said:

The case numbers are the same ones as in your email NOA1s.

It usually takes some time until you can check your case online  (I could check my status 6 days after I received the emails). Wait until you receive the hard copies, then try if you can use the case numbers. 

You can check your cases online at www.uscis.gov

I see.. I will just try and see.. thanks for your help ? Still waiting for the mail. Hehe 

Timeline
2 hours ago, zilchfox said:

You wouldn't receive an RFE right away, basically at this point they've skimmed the case and verified that all the basic necessities are there, and the NOA1 is confirming receipt of the case. An RFE would happen when they do some deeper digging and reading, and they find the case needs more information. What's nice is when adjusting from a K-1, they already have lots of information on you from the I-129F as well as your interview, so chances are you shouldn't really need to submit any proof of your relationship and from what I understand, K-1s more often than not have their AOS's approved without an interview since the interview you had at the U.S. consulate abroad usually suffices for AOS's interests, too.

Give it a few days before you can check your case status online.

I see, it's clear to me now, thanks and also I hope no rfe's for us all (fingers crossed).. thanks for your response, I really appreciate it ??

Will try try and check on my case status online.. thanks again! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.