dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview April 2017

557 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks Ahmed & Amy!

Called this morning too. What they said that are still waiting dates from my embassy.. I was surprised as the embassy told me they provided dates to NVC a week ago. Than some problem with connection arised and it was hard to speak clearly. But at least I asked "Are you still scheduling April?" The answer was "Yes".

From yours and my info I think the process is not very straightforward. Before it seemed like - embassy sends some table to fill with dates, NVC fills and sends this back to the embassy. This could be done very quick and efficient. But probably the process is much more complex. May be they fill not one month but 1-2 weeks table. Or they have full table from the embassy but do not fill it all at once. May be they do not have dedicated people and it's filled when they have time so it's so slow.

29 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Thanks Ahmed & Amy!

Called this morning too. What they said that are still waiting dates from my embassy.. I was surprised as the embassy told me they provided dates to NVC a week ago. Than some problem with connection arised and it was hard to speak clearly. But at least I asked "Are you still scheduling April?" The answer was "Yes".

From yours and my info I think the process is not very straightforward. Before it seemed like - embassy sends some table to fill with dates, NVC fills and sends this back to the embassy. This could be done very quick and efficient. But probably the process is much more complex. May be they fill not one month but 1-2 weeks table. Or they have full table from the embassy but do not fill it all at once. May be they do not have dedicated people and it's filled when they have time so it's so slow.

You're welcomed and thank you as well @AlexUA

I called again this morning :jest: What you mentioned above about the embassy sending a table to fill in dates to NVC, is exactly what they do, the embassy provides what days are available for each month. The rep told me that they are still scheduling April in general, and my embassy too is still scheduling April... so I guess we just have to sit back and wait for our interview date.:pop: I hope we get  ours soon. :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I called NVC this morning and I got a very awesome, kind, and informative rep this time. ( I love when you get one of those. :) )

She explained that they are still scheduling for the month of April. She explained that all embassies/consulates give them dates/slots that are available for each month. She also said my embassy is still scheduling interviews for April, but since my case complete was only 2 days ago, I just have not been given a date yet. She said it should be soon. She did say that some embassies/consulates take long than others when it coming scheduling their interviews, depending on when their is an available slot.

I hope this has helped and gives us all hope of getting an April interview appointment soon. :goofy:

Glad to hear that!! Thank you! :energy:

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 05-02-2016

I-130 NOA1: 05-10-2016

I-130 Approved: 07-14-2016

NVC

NVC Received: 08-10-2016

Pay AOS Bill: 10-03-2016

Pay IV Bill: 10-03-2016

Submit DS-260: 11-01-2016

Send AOS & IV Package: 12-02-2016 

Scan Date: 12-28-2016

Supervisor Review: 02-08-2017

Case Complete: 03-01-2017

Interview Date: 04-05-2017 APPROVED 😁

Visa Received: 04-10-2017

POE: 05-09-2017

SSN Received: 06-06-2017

Green Card Received: 06-23-2017

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Please note nobody reported getting interview date this week. And the same was a month ago. After many appointments at start there is silence for several days. But then (about Feb 17) another portion was appointed.

If they tell us "we are still scheduling" than why nobody reports getting interview date. I think they are not scheduling right now but they mean "we are not finished yet with April" and they will return to scheduling and finish it in several days. I think next week is our landmark.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

just share some my own thought

from the date receive P4 letter (interview letter) to interview date

it need at least three weeks, cos the medical report takes two week (can't be expedited, I asked)

I received P4 letter right before the national holiday (long weekend)

by the time I did my medical exam, they told me to pick up my report at March 20th!! 

my interview is March 21st!! finger cross.....

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

22 minutes ago, parsha said:

just share some my own thought

from the date receive P4 letter (interview letter) to interview date

it need at least three weeks, cos the medical report takes two week (can't be expedited, I asked)

I received P4 letter right before the national holiday (long weekend)

by the time I did my medical exam, they told me to pick up my report at March 20th!! 

my interview is March 21st!! finger cross.....

Good luck on your coming interview. :) 

2 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

You're welcomed and thank you as well @AlexUA

I called again this morning :jest: What you mentioned above about the embassy sending a table to fill in dates to NVC, is exactly what they do, the embassy provides what days are available for each month. The rep told me that they are still scheduling April in general, and my embassy too is still scheduling April... so I guess we just have to sit back and wait for our interview date.:pop: I hope we get  ours soon. :) 

I called this mornin and got the same answer.  

21 hours ago, James-Bond007 said:

good luck. I can smell your approval already. 

18 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

That is not an issue.  You just need to show how you all communicated over the course of your relationship.  Pictures, phone records, etc will help.  I will post a list later or tomorrow of everything we took to the interview.

I think they are still scheduling into next week.  Hang in there my friend...the wait is almost over.

Good luck and all will be well!

You have a great sense of smell @James-Bond007! We got approved! The interview went smoothly. I spent more time waiting to be interviewed than at the interview itself. I got there at 8:20 for my appointment at 9:30. My husband came with me but they didn't allow him to come in with me. I got a number and sat there for an hour, got called to get the rest of the paperwork they requested on an email. Sat again for another maybe 30 minutes. I was very nervous cause I didn't take my X-rays. The X-rays were saved in a CD and they do not allo people to bring in CDs, USB memories and similar things. Imagine how worried I was when I saw everyone with the CD. I swore I would get a green sheet telling me to come back with the CD. 

Thankfully that didn't happen ???? in fact, I spent all night printing pictures and other information and they didn't ask for it! They didn't ask me for proof of bonafide marriage at all. I would say the interview lasted 1-2 minutes. They asked me around 6 or 8 questions.

-what's my husband's name?

-when did I get married? (Date)

-what does he do?

-who does he work for? (Family business)

-which other members of his family work in the business?

-how many siblings does he have?

-what's my father in law's name?

When he asked the last question he was already reaching for the paper they give that says your visa is approved ? Everyone that great and smoothly. One piece of advise tho. My country is know for being insecure but there's crime everywhere. Make sure to stay aware of your surroundings. The US embassy in my country is in one of the nicest areas of my city and there are a lot of cops around. But when I was crossing the street I figured I would join my husband at the McDonald's close to my embassy, where he was waiting for me. I was very happy and as I crossed the street I saw 2 very odd looking men that when they saw me crossing the street they stared at me then stared and nodded at each other. One of the man started walking down the street while the other one stayed behind. Big red flag to me. I decided to stay on the corner next to a cop just to make sure nothing happened to me. The cop asked me what was I waiting for since it's not allow to have people waiting close to the embassy surroundings. I told him what had happened and he allowed me to stay next to him until my husband got there and picked me up. 

The cop said they work in the area and they're there every day but that just seemed fishy to me. Anyways, this was just some advise to make sure you don't let your happiness distract you from the surroundings, especially when you leave the embassy.

The consular officer told me I would get my passport back within 2 weeks, but most people here and friends of mine told me they get it within 2-3 days so hopefully I'll have my paperwork and passport by Wednesday next week ?

Good luck to everyone still waiting, believe me, the wait was worthy. The happiness and peace you feel when you hear "your visa is approved" makes it all better. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
47 minutes ago, fatima_g said:

You have a great sense of smell @James-Bond007! We got approved! The interview went smoothly. I spent more time waiting to be interviewed than at the interview itself. I got there at 8:20 for my appointment at 9:30. My husband came with me but they didn't allow him to come in with me. I got a number and sat there for an hour, got called to get the rest of the paperwork they requested on an email. Sat again for another maybe 30 minutes. I was very nervous cause I didn't take my X-rays. The X-rays were saved in a CD and they do not allo people to bring in CDs, USB memories and similar things. Imagine how worried I was when I saw everyone with the CD. I swore I would get a green sheet telling me to come back with the CD. 

Thankfully that didn't happen ???? in fact, I spent all night printing pictures and other information and they didn't ask for it! They didn't ask me for proof of bonafide marriage at all. I would say the interview lasted 1-2 minutes. They asked me around 6 or 8 questions.

-what does he do?

When he asked the last question he was already reaching for the paper they give that says your visa is approved ? Everyone that great and smoothly. One piece of advise tho. My country is know for being insecure but there's crime everywhere. Make sure to stay aware of your surroundings. The US embassy in my country is in one of the nicest areas of my city and there are a lot of cops around. But when I was crossing the street I figured I would join my husband at the McDonald's close to my embassy, where he was waiting for me. I was very happy and as I crossed the street I saw 2 very odd looking men that when they saw me crossing the street they stared at me then stared and nodded at each other. One of the man started walking down the street while the other one stayed behind. Big red flag to me. I decided to stay on the corner next to a cop just to make sure nothing happened to me. The cop asked me what was I waiting for since it's not allow to have people waiting close to the embassy surroundings. I told him what had happened and he allowed me to stay next to him until my husband got there and picked me up. 

The cop said they work in the area and they're there every day but that just seemed fishy to me. Anyways, this was just some advise to make sure you don't let your happiness distract you from the surroundings, especially when you leave the embassy.

The consular officer told me I would get my passport back within 2 weeks, but most people here and friends of mine told me they get it within 2-3 days so hopefully I'll have my paperwork and passport by Wednesday next week ?

Good luck to everyone still waiting, believe me, the wait was worthy. The happiness and peace you feel when you hear "your visa is approved" makes it all better. 

Congratulations on your approval, my wife's interview is at end of this month, getting everything prepared now. Regarding to the CD, I checked the consulate she is having the interview at, which is Guangzhou, China, here is what it states:

"You DO NOT need to bring the x-rays to your visa interview unless you suffer from tuberculosis. However, you must carry the x-rays with you when you travel to the United States for the first time."

X-rays for interview might be different for each country, but for entry to the US for the first time would be mandatory

3 hours ago, fatima_g said:

-what does he do?

Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
5 hours ago, fatima_g said:

-what does he do?

Congratulations!  And I am glad you are safe!  Better safe than sorry :)  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

8 hours ago, fatima_g said:

-what does he do?

Congratulations!! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 hours ago, fatima_g said:

-what does he do?

thanks for sharing, and glad u r safe!!

enjoy ur new life with ur love one!!!

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Timeline
On 3/10/2017 at 8:02 AM, Ahmed & Amy said:

I called NVC this morning and I got a very awesome, kind, and informative rep this time. ( I love when you get one of those. :) )

She explained that they are still scheduling for the month of April. She explained that all embassies/consulates give them dates/slots that are available for each month. She also said my embassy is still scheduling interviews for April, but since my case complete was only 2 days ago, I just have not been given a date yet. She said it should be soon. She did say that some embassies/consulates take long than others when it coming scheduling their interviews, depending on when their is an available slot.

I hope this has helped and gives us all hope of getting an April interview appointment soon. :goofy:

We're in the same boat.... My Scan Date was 12/29/16 and CC was 3/8/17

Fingers crossed we both get an interview date in April! (iA) 

i will wait to call by the end of next week. Hearing what the embassy has told you gives me so much hope! And I found that the people are so much nicer in the morning than at night :)

1 hour ago, Tamivy said:

We're in the same boat.... My Scan Date was 12/29/16 and CC was 3/8/17

Fingers crossed we both get an interview date in April! (iA) 

i will wait to call by the end of next week. Hearing what the embassy has told you gives me so much hope! And I found that the people are so much nicer in the morning than at night :)

Yes Fingers crossed!! I believe we will hear something bey the end of next week... just a hunch. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.