5,920 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Missabc said:

Our luck has to change soon! I'm just beginning to be p*ssed off constantly over it, I think I've passed the sad stage. I tell my fiance every time a March filer has been approved and he's like 'huh? what about us'. Oh and the congressman never even bothered to respond to us!

By next Thursday when i get my vaccinations done i will be completely ready for my medical and interview, just give us our bloody NOA2's! 

Be careful taking vaccines before the medical appointment - if u need any again when the medical comes around u can't take them until a month after the last set u took. 

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Timeline

Anyone planning to call NVC this evening? NOW might be a good time. I just gave them a call and I didn't have to wait!!

Quick update:

NOA 1: 2/28/2017  

NOA 2: 6/2/2017  (99 days)

NVC Received: 6/22/2017  (20 days)

Case# Invoice#: 6/23/2017  (1 day)

Cheers!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

HAPPY FRIDAY! 

I am very excited as my fiancee and I received an email with our case number for the Montreal consulate, woo hoo! I have a few questions and I am hoping someone will be able to clarify a few things for us.

My fiancee received 2 emails, same time same day,from the NVC one addressed to him and one addressed to me.

His stated the following:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiance(e)'s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy in MONTREAL, CAN. The U.S. Embassy will contact your fiance(e) when they are ready to schedule a visa interview.

In the meantime, please have your fiance(e) and his or her children visit http://ceac.state.gov and complete Form DS-160, the online nonimmigrant visa application that is used for a K visa.

The email addressed to me stated the following:

The U.S. Embassy in MONTREAL, CAN approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your petition to this U.S. Embassy for their action. The Embassy will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

If you have questions about your visa interview, please visit the U.S. Embassy's website at http://usembassy.gov.

My questions are do I have to fill out the DS-160 form since my email did not state that? We did not request for expedited processing, not complaining though, but are wondering why this would happen? Where do we go from here??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We got the same emails yesterday, including the strange one about the interview appointment being expedited. If you go back to yesterday's posts, there is a bit of discussion about that. I think it got chalked up to the new electronic system. 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, swalker said:

We got the same emails yesterday, including the strange one about the interview appointment being expedited. If you go back to yesterday's posts, there is a bit of discussion about that. I think it got chalked up to the new electronic system. 😊

Oh perfect, I will review. Thanks a bunch! 

Has anyone started filling out the DS-160 form? If so when asked for the application receipt/petition number what number did you put? The NVC # or the USCIS #? Sorry if this is already in the thread, there is so much information on here its hard to find haha

Thanks again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Williamsnelson said:

Be careful taking vaccines before the medical appointment - if u need any again when the medical comes around u can't take them until a month after the last set u took. 

Just as a reminder. Vaccinations are not required for K 1-4 Visas. But are required for AOS. There are many discussion about vaccinations being done in the US for AOS. You need a (forgot the exact phrase,) USCIS Approved Doctor. Then getting the correct Vaccinations many have had problems. Plus the expense. My Fiance asked the Doctor in her country what vaccines were needed. She has NO vaccination records. The doctor told her to qualify for AOS she only need 3 vaccines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 minutes ago, K&S2013 said:

Oh perfect, I will review. Thanks a bunch! 

Has anyone started filling out the DS-160 form? If so when asked for the application receipt/petition number what number did you put? The NVC # or the USCIS #? Sorry if this is already in the thread, there is so much information on here its hard to find haha

Thanks again!

We just did 2 DS-160's yesterday. I believe we never referred to the USCIS number for anything.

Timeline
1 hour ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

Just as a reminder. Vaccinations are not required for K 1-4 Visas. But are required for AOS. There are many discussion about vaccinations being done in the US for AOS. You need a (forgot the exact phrase,) USCIS Approved Doctor. Then getting the correct Vaccinations many have had problems. Plus the expense. My Fiance asked the Doctor in her country what vaccines were needed. She has NO vaccination records. The doctor told her to qualify for AOS she only need 3 vaccines.

Vaccinations are not required for k1 visas?? Is this new?

8 minutes ago, JayeBird said:

Vaccinations are not required for k1 visas?? Is this new?

They aren't for us, but our lawyer is asking us to do it anyway.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/medical-examination/

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, Williamsnelson said:

hey guys quick question: is form 1040 and the w2 the  same thing? is it either or u need for the interview or both? 

From what I know, 1040 and W-2 are not the same thing, they are separate documents. The 1040 you generate yourself when you file your taxes, the W-2 is provided from your employer, you should receive the W-2 from your employer each spring or late winter in preparation for filing taxes in the spring.

As far as I know right now, I would be ready to provide both the 1040 and W-2, as that is what my attorney is requiring from me at the moment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
8 hours ago, iamdegie said:

wait how exactly does 668 equal June 17th? i get that the first 6 is June but how does 68 equal 17?

The three numbers starts  from 000 and added 500. So let's say if it's 668. Subtract 500 from 668. That's 168. If you starts counting from January 1, June 17th is the 168th day of the year. :) Got it from this website.  Please refer to it for better explanation. 😊

http://www.***removed***/immigrant-visa/nvc-case-number.html

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
2 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

We just did 2 DS-160's yesterday. I believe we never referred to the USCIS number for anything.

Can we fill out and save it? I Dont have a printer at home, so I have to print the confirmation page from a cafe or something. 😞

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

They aren't for us, but our lawyer is asking us to do it anyway.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/medical-examination/

Ahhh.... I see its a requirement for some countries and for others it is not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yesterday I got an email from the Bogota Embassy

+++++

Good afternoon, 

We have received the approved petition for your fiancé from USCIS.  Please respond to this e-mail and provide your fiancé’s personal e-mail address so we may send instructions on how to book a visa interview.   Thank you for your assistance. 

Sincerely, 

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

+++++

I just reply to them now waiting to see what they send and curious if they will send just an email or a package as well. I just wanted to share.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hello,

Currently waiting on NVC number (June 8th NOA2), have seen a few things on here about NVC receiving the case but no case number assigned, my fiancé called yesterday and asked about this, they were very helpful, but said there is no chance of this happing with a k1 visa, they get assigned numbers on the same day?! She was also aware about the electronic switch over and said that shouldn't effect it and checked in two different places for us. 

Also just read on here about the other number to try and call, now I am anxious to try it, will they be open on a Saturday? I presume not! 

I have seen a few people talk about packet 4, what is this???

Thanks, good luck to everyone!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.