5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
2 hours ago, prish17 said:

Thank you! 

I know exactly how you feel...long distance is difficult.

its tone that can be misconstrued over text and the way we say things over here is so different to you guys! 

Ive got an 8 hour Time difference between him and I! :( 

i sound so stupid right now but it's the small things...not having to talk and just being with each other, the smiles we miss that we can't see over the phone etc 

Even when I smell someone wearing his perfume I get slightly annoyed because it makes me miss him and only he is allowed to wear that perfume (in my world anyways!) 

i hope you hear back soon! - it's so so stupid 

I know exactly how you feel. I'm struggling every day that my fiance and I are not together. It is definitely those little things that I miss the most. :(:( It sucks so much to be away from the one you love. When he was here in January, he left a few of his clothes. Those shirts smell like him and help me sleep on difficult nights when I miss him too much. So I Dont think it's stupid at all.

I can't wait this distance to be over. I'm so glad it will happen this year. With the processing times, not sure when exactly but I know for sure it'll be this year. Which is what keeping me positive at this point.  💟 Stay strong. 

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

**Data may still be skewed.**

Feb cases touched 18-May: 76

Approved: 1

RFE: 63

RRFER: 3

Others: 9

Raw data here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7wWQs77fPiIcnJNdFRncXFCWWM

Count %
Total cases approved so far 63 2%
Touched but not approved etc 298 8%
Withdrawn 7 0%
Untouched 3,344 90%
Grand total 3,712 100%

Dates touched today:

02/01/2017

02/03/2017

02/06/2017

02/07/2017

02/10/2017

02/13/2017

02/15/2017

02/16/2017

02/28/2017

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Fasif said:

I am a November filer I got a Rfe March 1 and send it back and the recived it March 23 and it says that on their website too but now it's been almost 60 days and no approval. So worried 

This is what I panic about. The extra wait time on. So sorry you have been waiting such an extra length of time. Hoping you hear something very soon.

Timeline
7 hours ago, dbmathis said:

Just stay strong, the best you can. Based on what I have seen from my data scans, it doesn't seem like many people get denied/blocked at this stage of the game. Rejections are all for improper fees/files/etc. Then there's RFEs and approvals, and the RFEs turn into approvals. Other than that, the only two status codes that make me think a person was denied are "Decision Notice Mailed" and "Notice Explaining USCIS' Action Was Mailed", and I only see a handful of those.

The main thing is the wait like you say, and it can be brutal.

5 hours ago, D&J said:

I know exactly how you feel. I'm struggling every day that my fiance and I are not together. It is definitely those little things that I miss the most. :(:( It sucks so much to be away from the one you love. When he was here in January, he left a few of his clothes. Those shirts smell like him and help me sleep on difficult nights when I miss him too much. So I Dont think it's stupid at all.

I can't wait this distance to be over. I'm so glad it will happen this year. With the processing times, not sure when exactly but I know for sure it'll be this year. Which is what keeping me positive at this point.  💟 Stay strong. 

1 hour ago, ChristaandJosh said:

This is what I panic about. The extra wait time on. So sorry you have been waiting such an extra length of time. Hoping you hear something very soon.

6 hours ago, Fasif said:

I am a November filer I got a Rfe March 1 and send it back and the recived it March 23 and it says that on their website too but now it's been almost 60 days and no approval. So worried 

I have tried to stay SO positive until this RFE! - I actually haven't slept at all since last night and went into work this morning with less than 15 mins sleep.

Its such an archaic process that they are using in 2017!! it wont shock me if they still using type writers in that building. I think the 'unknown' is what is worrying- the fact that some random person has so much control over your future!!

I have a feeling the RFE is about my UK divorce decree (which I did submit a letter from my lawyer, highlighted text to show it was valid and even sent a blank)- how do they expect me to submit something that doesn't exist?!? - if so I AM getting a congressman involved and making a formal complaint about their process and training.

I know I am jumping to assumptions but what else can I do when all that tracker shows is 'request for information' - what information?!?!?!?, I know in our (visa) lifetime they wont update their processes but it would be less hassle for them too if they rid their medieval process and stepped into the year 2017!! 

ugghhhh rant over!!! I think therapy should come free with this application process....thank god for VJ!!

Maybe this is their way to 'test' out our relationships  :wacko:

Edited by prish17

Timeline
14 minutes ago, prish17 said:

I have tried to stay SO positive until this RFE! - I actually haven't slept at all since last night and went into work this morning with less than 15 mins sleep.

Its such an archaic process that they are using in 2017!! it wont shock me if they still using type writers in that building. I think the 'unknown' is what is worrying- the fact that some random person has so much control over your future!!

I have a feeling the RFE is about my UK divorce decree (which I did submit a letter from my lawyer, highlighted text to show it was valid and even sent a blank)- how do they expect me to submit something that doesn't exist?!? - if so I AM getting a congressman involved and making a formal complaint about their process and training.

I know I am jumping to assumptions but what else can I do when all that tracker shows is 'request for information' - what information?!?!?!?, I know in our (visa) lifetime they wont update their processes but it would be less hassle for them too if they rid their medieval process and stepped into the year 2017!! 

ugghhhh rant over!!! I think therapy should come free with this application process....thank god for VJ!!

Maybe this is their way to 'test' out our relationships  :wacko:

Hiya. I feel you. I'm 6th Feb noa1. My fiance called them yesterday and they told him they were still processing November filers. And that got me uber upset because I know they have been processing jan and feb filers. And the fact that I think we will have an RFE as we forgot to tick one of the boxes on the forms. So it's going to add extra time on. I'm a natural worrier so everything always seems worse than it is. I can't imagine what the remaining November and December filers are going through. I'm so glad this forum exists. It's very supportive to see others in the same boat. And know how we all feel. 💕💕

4 hours ago, iamdegie said:

Count %
Withdrawn 7 0%
Untouched 3,344 90%
Grand total 3,712 100%

Dates touched today:

02/01/2017

02/03/2017

02/06/2017

02/07/2017

02/10/2017

02/13/2017

02/15/2017

02/16/2017

02/28/2017

Is it possible for you to share with me a list of all of the Feb WAC numbers? Unless the raw data is the complete list. Looks like it might be.

Edited by dbmathis

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
30 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hiya. I feel you. I'm 6th Feb noa1. My fiance called them yesterday and they told him they were still processing November filers. And that got me uber upset because I know they have been processing jan and feb filers. And the fact that I think we will have an RFE as we forgot to tick one of the boxes on the forms. So it's going to add extra time on. I'm a natural worrier so everything always seems worse than it is. I can't imagine what the remaining November and December filers are going through. I'm so glad this forum exists. It's very supportive to see others in the same boat. And know how we all feel. 💕💕

you are from London too?!?

Try not to worry - they've only sent out RFE's so far and if its just a box its easily solved - I'm praying mine is a box or passport photographs- I just don't want the hassle of the decrees being securitized because they don't understand different a country's process or even my fiancés divorce papers!! :ranting:

Timeline
24 minutes ago, prish17 said:

you are from London too?!?

Try not to worry - they've only sent out RFE's so far and if its just a box its easily solved - I'm praying mine is a box or passport photographs- I just don't want the hassle of the decrees being securitized because they don't understand different a country's process or even my fiancés divorce papers!! :ranting:

Not from London, I'm from north east of England. Hi fellow Brit! 🖐🖐 ugh that SUCKS! Surely you would think they would as they must have received hundreds before in the past years. Maybe more. Yep. I wonder how they work. Because I know people who sent theirs after me and they have been approved/ cases touched. And then there are people from Jan and December with cases touched and poor November filers waiting still. The mind boggles! I hope you receive your RFE very soon so you can see what it is and hopefully it'll be something easy to fix. We were thinking of contacting our congressman in the next few weeks as well. I've heard good things from people doing that  🤞☘

15 hours ago, mtina518 said:

Hey there...

USCIS reveived our petition on February 8. However, we got the notification on February 13 and the hardcopy a few days later. My finacé found our NOA2 in the mailbox on May 15, but the approval date was May 11. Still, the USCIS website states that our case has been received and that there haven't been any updates since February 15. I guess they have some severe problems with the servers but as a positive aspect: they process files nevertheless....and they're also working on some February files. 👍🏻 

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your NOA2 yet. 😔 I hope you all will get yours very very very soon. I'm still every day on VJ to check the status for us February filers. Thinking of you....Stay strong!

Hey! :)
Just stopping by to say hi!
I'm from the March filers group and was lurking around here a little bit, to see if there's any progress!

Just saw you're German as well, going to Norfolk? :D
I'll be in Newport News, hopefully in fall!

Good luck for your journey, and congrats to your NOA2! :)

Bine

To all others: Congrats to your NOA2's and good luck for those who are still waiting! Hang in there! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, dbmathis said:

Is it possible for you to share with me a list of all of the Feb WAC numbers? Unless the raw data is the complete list. Looks like it might be.

So nice to see a Feb. 15th date case finally appear ! Dont know who's it is but at least they got to one ! My NOA1 date is Feb. 15th and its a little discouraging to see how many people who filed before me are still waiting on their NOA2 ! I am just trying to stay positive and checking that mailbox 4 times daily ! Haha 😅

Good luck to everyone !! I defiantly feel your pain 😩

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, iamdegie said:

Count %
Withdrawn 7 0%
Untouched 3,344 90%
Grand total 3,712 100%

Dates touched today:

02/01/2017

02/03/2017

02/06/2017

02/07/2017

02/10/2017

02/13/2017

02/15/2017

02/16/2017

02/28/2017

So nice to see a Feb. 15th date case finally appear ! Dont know who's it is but at least they got to one ! My NOA1 date is Feb. 15th and its a little discouraging to see how many people who filed before me are still waiting on their NOA2 ! I am just trying to stay positive and checking that mailbox 4 times daily ! Haha 😅

Good luck to everyone !! I defiantly feel your pain 😩

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

@iamdegie thanks for the updates. I don't really understand “Dates touched today”,that means they only touched those cases or those data were based on VJ data?

I am still waiting for my NOA2,it has beenbeen 103 days.. My fiance is going to contact the congressman today and see if they will get different information than we got.Cross my fingers for all of you too!

49 minutes ago, dbmathis said:

Tell me what you all think. This is the results of my scan for yesterday. For those of you that are new, the data is way off because USCIS either has decided to not submit approvals to the online status checker, their system is broken, or both. 

Keep in mind that looking at this data is much like taking the red pill, once you see it, you have to live with the reality that USCIS doesn't work fast or in any organized fashion at all. You will know that your wait could be long and painful. You will stay in Wonderland, and I will show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. :D:D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxio6ywSApf5aDJ5OVVLUGRZOGs

You are hilarious with the "red pill" thing! Very true though..! Thanks for the laugh. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.