5,920 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ajay.natxii said:

Fiancee and I submitted ours Feb 15th from the Philippines when I went to go visit her and her son. Received NOA1 on Feb 21st. Now we are all awaiting NOA2. Called military helpline to help expedite the petition due to PCS'ING close to the end of this year... We wish end very one the best of luck with your paperwork.  

Welcome and good luck! =D

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/10/2017 at 4:15 PM, RaptureSongbird said:

Just a small update today, received my NOA1 hard copy in the mail today.  Suddenly this all feels even more real with a piece of paper.

Definitely understand this feeling! USCIS's acknowledgement of receiving your package made the whole thing feel even more real. I felt like I could throw up from excitement when my fiance told me he received the letter :) Now just patiently waiting for the next notice

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello Everyone! I know the feeling of impatient waiting, and excitement with notices received.  We received our NOA2 notice via text on 2/16/17 and received the hard copy about a week later.  I waited two weeks and did not receive any notification from NOA that they received our packet, so I called to check.  They, of course, told me to wait about 6 weeks.  Um...no way!  So I called again last night, and was told that they had just sent it to them embassy yesterday! Woohoo!  So, don't be afraid to check status directly but calling.  You can sign up directly at USCIS for updates via text, and can watch for changes in your case status there too.  Then you can call NVC directly after a couple weeks go by once it's been sent to NVC.
Now, I have to look to see what is next for us.  What we need to do, what paperwork we need next, etc.

Good luck to all!!! 

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent:                      11/23/2016

I-129F NOA1 Text:            11/25/2016

I-129F NOA1 Hardcopy:   11/30/2016

I-129F NOA2 Text:             02/16/2017

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:    02/21/2017

NVC Recieved:                  03/??/2017

Date Cate#:                        03/??/2017

Left NVC:                           03/10/2017 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8.3.2017 at 11:18 PM, CaptNaimerica said:

You will not receive any additional notification from USCIS unless its an RFE (request for evidence) or your NOA2, which looks like will be process around May for us Feb filers

How do you know its around May? That would be awesome. But I can't find any info about that. Mostly they just talk about a time frame of 4 to 6 months. Where can I read about that? 

Good luck everyone!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Alex2017 said:

How do you know its around May? That would be awesome. But I can't find any info about that. Mostly they just talk about a time frame of 4 to 6 months. Where can I read about that? 

Good luck everyone!!

It's just an estimate based on the pace USCIS is moving at now. There is no concrete date that your particular case will be adjudicated so the best we can do is estimate ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brandon y Nadia said:

It's just an estimate based on the pace USCIS is moving at now. There is no concrete date that your particular case will be adjudicated so the best we can do is estimate ?

Thank you. May still sounds good. I cross fingers for all of us

Timeline
19 hours ago, Tammie & Daniel said:

Hello Everyone! I know the feeling of impatient waiting, and excitement with notices received.  We received our NOA2 notice via text on 2/16/17 and received the hard copy about a week later.  I waited two weeks and did not receive any notification from NOA that they received our packet, so I called to check.  They, of course, told me to wait about 6 weeks.  Um...no way!  So I called again last night, and was told that they had just sent it to them embassy yesterday! Woohoo!  So, don't be afraid to check status directly but calling.  You can sign up directly at USCIS for updates via text, and can watch for changes in your case status there too.  Then you can call NVC directly after a couple weeks go by once it's been sent to NVC.
Now, I have to look to see what is next for us.  What we need to do, what paperwork we need next, etc.

Good luck to all!!! 

Hey there, I saw you put Sao Paulo as your consulate. I had some confusion about this... it's my understanding that all K1's interviews are at Rio de Janeiro. Do you know if they're processed at different consulates? I put Rio in my application, but wasn't sure. 

K1

I-129F Sent :                                       2017-01-03

I-129F NOA1 :                                     2017-01-12

I-129F NOA2 :                                     2017-04-12

NVC Received :                                   2017-05-08

Consulate Received :                          2017-05-12

Packet 3 Received :                             2017-05-15

Interview (Approved) :                        2017-06-06

Visa Received:                                    2017 06-15

US Entry (POE: Houston):                   2017 06-26

AOS

I-485 Combo Sent:                              2017-08-01

I-485 NOA1:                                        2017 08-07

Biometrics:                                         2017 08-23

I-131 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

I-765 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

Interview (No Decision)                      2017 10-25

Timeline
1 hour ago, PhotoJ89 said:

Hey there, I saw you put Sao Paulo as your consulate. I had some confusion about this... it's my understanding that all K1's interviews are at Rio de Janeiro. Do you know if they're processed at different consulates? I put Rio in my application, but wasn't sure. 

Hi!  You are right, they are in Rio.  I put the Sao Paulo one down by mistake.  We were actually hoping the one in Porto Alegre would open and handle new Visas, but unfortunately they are only handling renewals.

I've found a couple sites that list the steps, the documents, the links and the order things should happen.  Our next 'panic' is managing to get a copy of Daniel's immunization records for the medical exam.  It's a shame everything is so far from where he lives. :(  It makes it all the harder to juggle everything.

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent:                      11/23/2016

I-129F NOA1 Text:            11/25/2016

I-129F NOA1 Hardcopy:   11/30/2016

I-129F NOA2 Text:             02/16/2017

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:    02/21/2017

NVC Recieved:                  03/??/2017

Date Cate#:                        03/??/2017

Left NVC:                           03/10/2017 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Brandon y Nadia said:

Good day Brando y Nadir.,

Start a visajourney time line located on your account. Once you receive your NOA1 it gives the time frame at the bottom of your time line after submitting that date. 

Good luck to you afternoon yours!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ajay.natxii said:

Good day Brando y Nadir.,

Start a visajourney time line located on your account. Once you receive your NOA1 it gives the time frame at the bottom of your time line after submitting that date. 

Good luck to you afternoon yours!

Yes the timelines on VJ are estimates based on members updating their timelines. They unfortunately are not connected to USCIS. People in the November thread have been tracking the cases nightly and I believe that person based it on to a December filer to run the script for the rest of the December cases. So hopefully people keep passing it on so then you can have a more real time look at how many cases and from which received dates they are working.

Timeline

Hello everyone!? I am a feb filer also. We've got our noa1. Can someone tell me what to do? We missed to send in g325a in our packet.? Can I just email it to my fiance so he could send or do I have to pass original documents. Thank you so much for the help.?

Timeline
On 2/4/2017 at 4:20 AM, CubaAndChill said:

WOOHOO!!! Good luck on a smooth & speedy process! :D

Now the real waiting begins lol

Hello! Feb filer here. Got our NOA last feb 14th.? But the problem is we found out that missed to send our g325a. I hope someone could help me if I could send it to my fiance via email or his mailing address. The sad part is I know it might delay the process.? Hope someone could help me. I am a beginner here and still trying to learn this vj. Thank you.?

1 hour ago, Nickz1517 said:

Hello! Feb filer here. Got our NOA last feb 14th.? But the problem is we found out that missed to send our g325a. I hope someone could help me if I could send it to my fiance via email or his mailing address. The sad part is I know it might delay the process.? Hope someone could help me. I am a beginner here and still trying to learn this vj. Thank you.?

Hello Nickz1517, unfortunately this will most likely result in a RFE as the G-325A is a required form for both petitioner and beneficiary. I think the best you could do for now is be prepared for that eventuality ie you need to fill out the form and sign it and then courier it to your fiance. You cannot just email a scanned copy as USCIS needs the signed original. If you do this soon, at least your fiance will already have it with him, so if and when he does receive the RFE he can then reply to it straight away. With this said, I know you have to date the form when you sign it so I am unsure if you will need the form to be freshly signed and dated when you fiance sends it off to the USCIS. Perhaps other members of this thread can advise?

Note that your fiance will also need to fill his own G-325A form.

Hope this helps.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Just have to get through the work day and then picking up my fiance from the airport to stay for a month!!! Hopefully he will be back in perfect time for the embassy interview and this visa process hurries along. Can't wait to not have to rely on these few-and-far-between visits! ????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.