meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

OMG OMG....I'm so happy!!!  i just talked to a tier2 officer my i130 was approved yesterday!!!   Hang in there everyone...every case is different my PD was 2/21 but I have seen cases approved on here with pd of the 27th..and was getting discouraged.  

Thank you... You are right, every case is different! Don't lose faith! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Since so many ppl called USCIS I thought I would give it a try...

And the officer told me Texas Center is currently processing October 2016 cases :(  so it's normal that I have no update in my case. (My PD is 2/10)

How do you know which tier of officer you are talking to?

I remember some fellow on this forum was saying that his wife called USCIS and got similar answer and went heartbroken. I can totally relate to that now...

Preparing I-864 and IV Package...

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

You need to specifically ask for a tier 2. The first representative told me they are still processing December and that all I had to do was to wait. I told her that many people in this forum with February PD have been receiving NOA2 and I requested to speak with a tier 2. She told me that a tier 2 would give me the same information, but I insisted to be transferred and she eventually did. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Godgrace said:

You need to specifically ask for a tier 2. The first representative told me they are still processing December and that all I had to do was to wait. I told her that many people in this forum with February PD have been receiving NOA2 and I requested to speak with a tier 2. She told me that a tier 2 would give me the same information, but I insisted to be transferred and she eventually did. 

i see. thank you! I'll try again next week.

4 hours ago, injejo14 said:

Guys & girls, i feel really awful to have to share this given how painful the wait is for my fellow nebraskan filers... But we got an approval today, we had requested to expedite the case and today got the approval notice.

Congrats on your approval 😊😊my question to you is how did u request to expedite ur case?? An what was the process???

Uscis website still hasnt updated my case and its been approved since the 20th..wondering when can i call to see if my case was sent to the nvc🤦🏽‍♀️

@Jimenez1717 , and Potomac filler  we received our welcome letters!!!!   nvc receved case 19/07   to  welcome letter 26/7/2017 

4 hours ago, Tquan said:

Congrats on your approval 😊😊my question to you is how did u request to expedite ur case?? An what was the process???

Thank you!!

We wrote  a letter with supporting evidence  and sent it through our congressman.  My reasons were under emergency situation, we listed about 6 reasons main one being my son. eg:  custody issues with my dad (father is american), his medical issues, school disruptions, etc... For every point i raised, i included evidence.

it took over 3 weeks for USCIS to respond, actually thought they had denied the request.

On 7/28/2017 at 9:18 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

OMG OMG....I'm so happy!!!  i just talked to a tier2 officer my i130 was approved yesterday!!!   Hang in there everyone...every case is different my PD was 2/21 but I have seen cases approved on here with pd of the 27th..and was getting discouraged. 

wow congrats, too happy for you.... Alhamdulillah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/28/2017 at 5:18 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

How did they give you any info on your case? I called them and they keep saying the same thing to me. On our website it says that December 2016 cases are being approved and you have 3 months to go.  I mentioned this website and they said it is a 3rd party site and we don't have anything to do with it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, x3Sukhi said:

How did they give you any info on your case? I called them and they keep saying the same thing to me. On our website it says that December 2016 cases are being approved and you have 3 months to go.  I mentioned this website and they said it is a 3rd party site and we don't have anything to do with it.

Yeah, every time you speak with a USCIS person they just give you the information that is available to the public on USCIS Processing Time website (which is not very reliable). Potomac is currently working on February cases, so I calculate that your approval is between 2 and 4 weeks away.  

Edited by Dan Jr

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Dan Jr said:

Yeah, every time you speak with a USCIS person they just give you the information that is available to the public on USCIS Processing Time website (which is not very reliable). Potomac is currently working on February cases, so I calculate that your approval is between 2 and 4 weeks away.  

Generally the person answering the call is tier 1 and only gives basic information that you can get yourself form USCIS website.   Ask for a tier 2 officer.  They can give you more information.   They will tell you at the least if someone is reviewing your case so you can have an idea that things are moving forward.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Generally the person answering the call is tier 1 and only gives basic information that you can get yourself form USCIS website.   Ask for a tier 2 officer.  They can give you more information.   They will tell you at the least if someone is reviewing your case so you can have an idea that things are moving forward.  

Question : anyone used  INFOPASS appointment with the local USCIS , where you actually go there to have the case reviewed by an officer .

Will that be more useful than tier 1 or tier 2 ?

Timeline

VJ friends!

We have received NOA2!

My PD is 2/10/17, Texas Center, NOA2 7/27/17

US Citizen filing for spouse

The websites/apps have no updates, my lawyer received the snail mail first!!

I had a feeling last Friday that's why I called USCIS! Talked to a tier 1 officer and it was totally not worth my time.

Feb petitioners make sure you check your mailbox everyday!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.