meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

Hi. My husband filled I-130 on march, USCIS RECIEVED IT ON MARCH 6, it's been 5 months and we haven't received any other notice ... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi guys, im lebanese and my husband is a USC. We sent our i130 petition our pd is february 27, texas center. My husband called uscis because we've been waiting almost 6 months but the agent said they are processing october 4th!!! But i see here people from january and february getting approved. How can i make sure what month is uscis processing.any help please?

3 hours ago, Genesis ramos said:

Hi. My husband filled I-130 on march, USCIS RECIEVED IT ON MARCH 6, it's been 5 months and we haven't received any other notice ... 

3 minutes ago, Ali and hanin said:

Hi guys, im lebanese and my husband is a USC. We sent our i130 petition our pd is february 27, texas center. My husband called uscis because we've been waiting almost 6 months but the agent said they are processing october 4th!!! But i see here people from january and february getting approved. How can i make sure what month is uscis processing.any help please?

What service center are you? As far as I'm aware 5 months is pretty normal. Potomac seems to be taking 5-6 months but centers like Nebraska are taking 7-8... you are still within normal time frame so just keep positive and get all your other documents for aos and IV package organized! Best of luck :)

Edited by larnar1309

Timeline
15 minutes ago, larnar1309 said:

What service center are you? As far as I'm aware 5 months is pretty normal. Potomac seems to be taking 5-6 months but centers like Nebraska are taking 7-8... you are still within normal time frame so just keep positive and get all your other documents for aos and IV package organized! Best of luck :)

We are texas center tsc . yeah i wanted to make sure if they are processing october 2016 or january 2017

4 minutes ago, Ali and hanin said:

We are texas center tsc . yeah i wanted to make sure if they are processing october 2016 or january 2017

I just looked on Texas timelines and looks like some 2017 jan i130 filers have been approved in the last few days! 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, larnar1309 said:

I just looked on Texas timelines and looks like some 2017 jan i130 filers have been approved in the last few days! 

Thank you so much i hope they move faster lol. Ill post in the texas thread to get maybe more answers and updates. Goodluck with your process 😙

12 minutes ago, Ali and hanin said:

Thank you so much i hope they move faster lol. Ill post in the texas thread to get maybe more answers and updates. Goodluck with your process 😙

Hopefully they will! :) Thank you ~ good luck to you too! ✨

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

Generally the person answering the call is tier 1 and only gives basic information that you can get yourself form USCIS website.   Ask for a tier 2 officer.  They can give you more information.   They will tell you at the least if someone is reviewing your case so you can have an idea that things are moving forward.  

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, Nazarethrosa said:

My priority date is February 16 and was sent to Texas

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, Melii said:

Hello everyone :) I found this site about a month ago but was too shy to join. However, I would check every night for updates and seeing the community on here just advising and supporting each other made me really want to join, so I did. I am petitioning for my spouse and here are the specifics of my case:

-Service Center: Texas

-PD: Feb 28

-NOA1: March 4

-RFE: None (hoping they don't send one asking for husband's birth certificate because it's not even a requirement) 

-Currently waiting for NOA 2 (160 days and counting... Still no website updates, no email, no text message) 

Let me know if you have any tips or advice for me :) 

6 hours ago, Ali and hanin said:

I have seen approval from TSC as late as Feb 10 filing , but, nothing beyond yet ....   going to see my local USCIS office via infopass appointment , hope they can shed more light than customer service center can ...

8 hours ago, bullmastiff said:

I have seen approval from TSC as late as Feb 10 filing , but, nothing beyond yet ....   going to see my local USCIS office via infopass appointment , hope they can shed more light than customer service center can ...

Keep us posted on the Infopass thing as the Tier 2 isnt too helpful either... good luck with your procss!!

Timeline

Went to the local field office of USCIS today to check on my step son I -130 petition of USC.

The officer opened the case . He immediately told me that my request for an expedited service has been denied .  Yes, I applied for it because his biological father is physically abusive , his safety is in trouble if he continues to be in China for longer period of time.

Second, he told me that my case is already assigned to an officer for review or process in TSC .  He did not know when it is going to be completed but he could tell me that the application was not lost .

Hope this helps for the late Feb filers ..  I saw PD as late of Feb 10 has been approved but nothing later than that has been reported from TSC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, bullmastiff said:

Went to the local field office of USCIS today to check on my step son I -130 petition of USC.

The officer opened the case . He immediately told me that my request for an expedited service has been denied .  Yes, I applied for it because his biological father is physically abusive , his safety is in trouble if he continues to be in China for longer period of time.

Second, he told me that my case is already assigned to an officer for review or process in TSC .  He did not know when it is going to be completed but he could tell me that the application was not lost .

Hope this helps for the late Feb filers ..  I saw PD as late of Feb 10 has been approved but nothing later than that has been reported from TSC.

So I can just walk into a local USCIS office and ask about my case? Did you have to make an appointment ?

Timeline

NO ,   you need to make appointment on line using infopass .  It is USCIS Infopass appointment .  Pick your local office where you reside .  At the appointment , please bring your NOA1 receipt and the appointment print out .

4 hours ago, EDurevic said:

Hello, 

I actually just checked Florida and even my zip code which belongs to Texas, and I am stuck in Nebraska wowwww. Its been 5 months already since my PD march 9th. I will definitly give them a call first thing monday morning.

Thank you so much

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people whose petitions were randomly assigned. They didn't have any luck calling to find out why they were assigned to nebraska. Good luck though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, larnar1309 said:

Yeah you are right. my husband applied me in December and our centre is Nebraska. its gonna b almost 9 month and we did not hear any word from them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.