2,192 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, dmcw8890 said:

So I had put in a service request and found out that my case was sent to Portland, Maine instead of Boston. When I had checked the case processing times for Portland earlier this month they were working on cases from January 9, 2017 and today I went to go check and the date had regressed to November 2016. This has been such a frustrating journey. It has been 265 days since I applied for AOS

How many days it took them to answer your service request? Mine was never answered, never assigned to an officer.. none at all. I made the SR on September 5. I am slightly heartbroken.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 10/23/2017 at 8:33 AM, TL2016 said:

Yeah for sure it’s weird. When I called in, the T2 officer never really specified where it has been sent to exactly. He kept mentioning “local field office” even when I asked if it was sent to NYC directly. The only thing I can think of is if it was transferred to another field office or service center that isn’t my local one to have it approved without an interview. 

Anyway, doesn’t matter too much now. I’m just happy the wait is over and I’m hoping that everyone else gets positive news soon too!

Congrats!! Goes to show you how nothing is certain in this process and nothing can be predicted for sure!

Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

7/18/2016 --> I-129F application sent

1/26/2017 --> K1 visa received

Adjustment of Status Timeline:

2/7/17 --> I-485, I-131, I-765 (AOS+AP+EAD) application sent

8/18/2017--> green card received in mail

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

5/14/2019 --> I-751 application sent

10/2/2020 --> 10-year green card received in mail

Naturalization Timeline:

7/28/2020--> Submitted N-400 application online

2/12/2021--> Biometrics re-use letter received

4/30/2021--> Interview scheduled for 6/8/2021

6/8/2021-->  Approved during interview

6/21/2021-->  oath ceremony - officially US citizen

K1: 7/18/2016 --> 1/26/2017

AOS: 2/7/17 --> 8/18/2017

ROC:  5/14/2019 --> 10/2/2020

Naturalization: 7/28/2020--> 6/21/2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, j217 said:

How many days it took them to answer your service request? Mine was never answered, never assigned to an officer.. none at all. I made the SR on September 5. I am slightly heartbroken.

I put in a service request at the end of August and they sent a response September 28th. However they sent the response after I called the 800 number and inquired about my case. You should probably call their number and ask to speak with a Tier 2 officer. 

Hello All,

I am still waiting for my wife's green card. We filed in early february.

On USCIS case status, it still says that fingerprint fee was received on February 28. My wife had her biometrics done in late April, I think April 25 or something close to it. 

My local office is Atlanta, GA. 

I had made 2 infopass appointments in the past just to see what was going on and they said that we just had to wait. They also mentioned that the interview was waived. 

Any ideas what to do?

My Green Card was sent back to USCIS Production Facility in Corbin, KY.

The reason is because of an insufficient address. I am waiting for a call back from an USCIS Immigration Officer to see if they entered my address incorrectly.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
20 minutes ago, j217 said:

Anyone from Dallas? 

Anyway, i called up customer service again and asked why my service request has not been assigned to an officer yet (since September). She said nobody will answer me because I am still within processing time. I asked if she can transfer me to a Tier2 officer... she refused!.....

Call back and ask for a Tier 2 officer right away while being polite, but also firm. They shouldn’t refuse the transfer. I had one who pushed back a little, but once I made my point that I’d like to get transferred she gave in. It’s no guarantee that the Tier 2’s know anything special, but you have nothing to lose. 

17 hours ago, TL2016 said:

Call back and ask for a Tier 2 officer right away while being polite, but also firm. They shouldn’t refuse the transfer. I had one who pushed back a little, but once I made my point that I’d like to get transferred she gave in. It’s no guarantee that the Tier 2’s know anything special, but you have nothing to lose. 

I was very polite with her. I could tell  she hates her job from the moment she uttered her first line.. i said to myself... uh oh.. another irritable and rude customer service.. Bummer... i will just have to play this never ending waiting game

Hi everyone!

I had an infopass appointment today at the field office in San Diego and thought I'd share some info with you that might be interesting. 

The officer said that currently a lot of the I-485 are taking so long to have an interview scheduled because each field office in the U.S. had to send some employees into the hurricane affected areas. A lot of the staff is currently not working at the field offices on immigration cases anymore. So if you are as unlucky as me and the officer that has your case has been helping in Texas for the past five weeks, chances are you're not going to have your interview anytime soon. The officer at the field office was so nice and said he would try to get my case out of the locked department from the other officer and see whether he can give it to an officer that remained in San Diego, but if I didn't go to talk to them it would still be locked away just sitting in the drawer of an officer that is gone. 

After a few questions the officer looked through my case and said that I have a pretty straight forward and easy case since I came on a K1 visa and in fact offered that if me and my husband wanted, he would get my papers that are locked away in his co-workers office and just conduct my Greencard interview today (no kidding!). Unfortunately we didn't gather any bonafide papers yet and both had to get to work so we had to decline... :( What I thought was interesting though is that the officer said that he's sure that if my husband had gone to my K1 interview with me, that I would've not needed this interview. He said they probably just want to talk to him now... which makes the rumour true that people from low fraud countries that both go to the K1 interview likely end up getting a waiver. 

Anyways...just wanted to share!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Californiansunset said:

Hi everyone!

I had an infopass appointment today at the field office in San Diego and thought I'd share some info with you that might be interesting. 

The officer said that currently a lot of the I-485 are taking so long to have an interview scheduled because each field office in the U.S. had to send some employees into the hurricane affected areas. A lot of the staff is currently not working at the field offices on immigration cases anymore. So if you are as unlucky as me and the officer that has your case has been helping in Texas for the past five weeks, chances are you're not going to have your interview anytime soon. The officer at the field office was so nice and said he would try to get my case out of the locked department from the other officer and see whether he can give it to an officer that remained in San Diego, but if I didn't go to talk to them it would still be locked away just sitting in the drawer of an officer that is gone. 

After a few questions the officer looked through my case and said that I have a pretty straight forward and easy case since I came on a K1 visa and in fact offered that if me and my husband wanted, he would get my papers that are locked away in his co-workers office and just conduct my Greencard interview today (no kidding!). Unfortunately we didn't gather any bonafide papers yet and both had to get to work so we had to decline... :( What I thought was interesting though is that the officer said that he's sure that if my husband had gone to my K1 interview with me, that I would've not needed this interview. He said they probably just want to talk to him now... which makes the rumour true that people from low fraud countries that both go to the K1 interview likely end up getting a waiver. 

Anyways...just wanted to share!

Aww thanks for sharing! Thats cool! I just moved from San Francisco to Houston. I might get and infopass appointment also then 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My green card arrived in the mail today! Super excited that the AOS journey is finally over, after exactly 8 months.

I got the old design if anyone is windering. I was hoping to get the new one but it doesn’t  really make a deference. 

34 minutes ago, ifdv said:

Aww thanks for sharing! Thats cool! I just moved from San Francisco to Houston. I might get and infopass appointment also then 😁

Ah maybe I should clarify that these officers are not being relocated to field offices in the hurricane affected areas to help with immigration cases but to help with the hurricane relief and rebuild stuff... just making sure that no one misinterprets what I wrote. This is why all field offices are not working with full force on immigration cases anymore and thus AOS with interviews wait longer in line because there is less staff. The officer said that they should soon be coming back though...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It has been 5 days since I dropped off my husbands medical paperwork at the USCIS Office here in Broward, Florida. 

I had my husbands interview on 10/16/2017.  We received a medical RFE, since supposedly his Gonorhea exam was not done at his countries embassy.  The officer did not ask us. 1 question.  Went over the application with my husband and that was all.  The officer explained that once the medicals were complete we are able to go back to the USCIS office and ask for him in the main lobby. 

The medicals were done on Monday, 10/23/2017.  I picked up the medicals and went straight to the USCIS Office. I asked for the officer but he had not gone in to work on that day.  The lady at the front desk ask me to open  the envelope that I was suppose to give the  officer.  I hesitated and explained that the RFE letter states it needs to be sealed.  She then went ahead and said she will be processing the RFE herself since the officer is not in the office.  I asked her to stamp and sign my RFE letter.  However, it has been 5 days and nothing on the USCIS case status site show that they received the RFE medical documents.  

Does anybody know about how long will it?

Another question!  The AOS application ask "have you or will you in the future ask for public assistance"  my husband marked "NO."   However, due to Hurricane Irma we lost all the food and as hurricane relieve SNAP was giving $350 per person as relief.  My husband and I consider this hurricane relief.  But I am freaking out because it might be considered public assistance.  We used both our social securities and I am not sure if this can affect us getting denied.  The officer asked him during the interview all these questions from the application and he said no.  When we left the interview I told him this might be public assistance and maybe we should've asked.  He had no idea.  

K-1 VISA

09/30/2016 - K-1 FIANCE SEND PACKAGE TO CALIFORNIA PROCESSING OFFICE

10/04/2016 - USCIS RECEIVED PACKAGED

10/06/2016 - NOA 1  

11/09/2016 - NOA 2

12/05/2016 - NVC RECEIVED

12/06/2016 - NVC GENERATED CASE#

12/08/2016 - CONSULATE IN JAMAICA RECEIVED AND READY FOR INTERVIEW

12/23/2016 - MEDICAL EXAM

01/06/2016 - INTERVIEW DATE

01/25/2017 - VISA PICKED UP 

01/30/2017 - ENTERED USA 

01/31/2017 - MARRIED 

01/31/2017 - FILED FOR NEW SSN

02/06/2017 - RECEIVED SSN IN THE MAIL
02/10/2017 - PASSED THE DRIVERS EXAM AND DRIVERS ROAD TEST *HE HAS HIS DL!!*

AOS/EAD/AP

02/14/2017 - AOS MAILED THROUGH UPS

02/16/2017 - AOS SIGNED BY RECEIVER - RECEIVED - 

02/21/2017 - AOS CHECK CASHED

02/22/2017 - 3 TEXT AND 3 EMAIL RECEIVED WITH RECEIPT NUMBER

02/28/2017 - RECEIVED NOA 1 With NO DATES OR DOB

03/10/2017 - RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APPT

03/14/2017 - INFOPASS APPOINTMENT TO REVISE NOA1

03/14/2017 - BIOMETRICS DONE

04/13/2017 - REQUEST TO EXPEDITE EAD

04/14/2017 - REQUEST FOR CONGRESSMAN TO INTERVENE

04/21/2017 - EAD STATUS CHANGED TO "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" - AP STATUS DID NOT CHANGE "CASE                      RECEIVED"

04/26/2017 - EAD STATUS CHANGED TO "MAILED" - AP STATUS DID NOT CHANGE "CASE RECEIVED"

04/28/2017 - RECEIVED EAD/AP COMBO CARD IN THE MAIL

10/16/2017 - AOS INTERVIEW

10/16/2017 - RFE for Medical at INTERVIEW

10/23/2017 - SUBMITTED RFE DOCUMENTS

11/17/2017 - CASE CHANGED TO "APPROVED"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've had my I-485 status updated as "Fingerprint Fee was Received" since pretty much the time I get my EAD combo card in 6 months ago. When I check the processing time on https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do , I wonder which location I should reference to? To my knowledge, our cases are sent to Chicago Lockbox and currently in National Benefit Center (b/c the case number started with MSCxxxxx) before any interview is assigned. However, there is no any I-485 information in the NBC section, so I guess the closest thing is the Chicago Field Office which I should look into. Is it correct?

Thank you,

Inkedchrome_2017-10-30_16-47-40_LI.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
11 minutes ago, cchao said:

Hi everyone,

I've had my I-485 status updated as "Fingerprint Fee was Received" since pretty much the time I get my EAD combo card in 6 months ago. When I check the processing time on https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do , I wonder which location I should reference to? To my knowledge, our cases are sent to Chicago Lockbox and currently in National Benefit Center (b/c the case number started with MSCxxxxx) before any interview is assigned. However, there is no any I-485 information in the NBC section, so I guess the closest thing is the Chicago Field Office which I should look into. Is it correct?

Thank you,

Inkedchrome_2017-10-30_16-47-40_LI.jpg

Nope, the Chicago field office has nothing to do with your case. There is no official timeline for cases that stay at NBC/MSC with an interview waiver. Anecdotal evidence in other threads suggest that cases that stay at NBC/MSC may even take longer than those that are sent to field offices for interview.

All you can do is wait, with these things no news is good news.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.