2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, LadieGrace said:

Hello everyone!!!

I already got my EAD last May 10th... My SSN is still in my single name. Anyone here on the same boat as me? Do we need to go to the office and get it changed? Hope someone can tell me. Thanks in advance.

Xoxo,

Ladz

Definitely get it changed to your married name. It shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes once you get called up at the social security office. I didn't change mine right away and I had problems at the bank and at the local DMV. I'd say get it done so you don't have to worry about it at all. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
2 hours ago, LadieGrace said:

Hello everyone!!!

I already got my EAD last May 10th... My SSN is still in my single name. Anyone here on the same boat as me? Do we need to go to the office and get it changed? Hope someone can tell me. Thanks in advance.

Xoxo,

Ladz

Me too ✌🏿... the question is do yo want to change it ? Hope its not a must cause i dont want to change mine .. my social security is in my names.. my husband is ok with me not changing my names... any one with experience help please!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, TL2016 said:

Definitely get it changed to your married name. It shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes once you get called up at the social security office. I didn't change mine right away and I had problems at the bank and at the local DMV. I'd say get it done so you don't have to worry about it at all. 

Thank you so much! Will get it changed soon. 😉

AOS 2017: 

2/2/2017: AOS, AED and AP sent to USCIS Chicago via Fedex

2/6/2017: AOS, AED and AP received and signed. 

2/10/2017: Fingerprint fee received

2/14/2017: NOA1 received through text and email

2/14/2017: Cheque was encashed

2/17/2017: NOA1 hard copies received for AOS, AED and AP via mail. 

2/21/2017: Called USCIS to update DOB on AED due to typo error on NOA1 hard copy received.

3/11/2017: DOB updated in AED

3/11/2017: Biometric letter received via mail. 

3/21/2017: Biometric scheduled and DONE in York, PA.

4/26/2017: Called USCIS for service request on AED since Its more than (75 days). Rep provided a reference #.

4/27/2017: (AED)Service request completed

5/3/2017: (AED) Card Is Being Produced 

5/8/2017: Approval notice for both AED and AP received through mail. 

5/8/2017: Card Was Mailed To Me 

5/10/2017: Combo Card (AED & AP) received

6/24/2017: (Greencard) Card is being Produced | NO INTERVIEW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vaug21 said:

Me too ✌🏿... the question is do yo want to change it ? Hope its not a must cause i dont want to change mine .. my social security is in my names.. my husband is ok with me not changing my names... any one with experience help please!!

Yes I do since all my docs now are under my husband's last name except for the SSN and my passport which wont expire not til 2020. 

AOS 2017: 

2/2/2017: AOS, AED and AP sent to USCIS Chicago via Fedex

2/6/2017: AOS, AED and AP received and signed. 

2/10/2017: Fingerprint fee received

2/14/2017: NOA1 received through text and email

2/14/2017: Cheque was encashed

2/17/2017: NOA1 hard copies received for AOS, AED and AP via mail. 

2/21/2017: Called USCIS to update DOB on AED due to typo error on NOA1 hard copy received.

3/11/2017: DOB updated in AED

3/11/2017: Biometric letter received via mail. 

3/21/2017: Biometric scheduled and DONE in York, PA.

4/26/2017: Called USCIS for service request on AED since Its more than (75 days). Rep provided a reference #.

4/27/2017: (AED)Service request completed

5/3/2017: (AED) Card Is Being Produced 

5/8/2017: Approval notice for both AED and AP received through mail. 

5/8/2017: Card Was Mailed To Me 

5/10/2017: Combo Card (AED & AP) received

6/24/2017: (Greencard) Card is being Produced | NO INTERVIEW

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, theresaa said:

Yesterday EAD case status changed to "New Card Being Produced"!! Case was received on February 13.

Now you have given me a little hope because mine was received on the 14th of February, hopefully, i will have an update this coming week. Tired of sitting at home and doing nothing!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Combo card arrived today.  Prayin' everybody will get their card soon.

AOS from B1/B2

1/30/17    Packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

2/01/17    Packet arrives

2/02/17    USCIS received date

2/08/17    NOA1

2/09/17    Checks cashed

2/14/17    I-797C arrived in the mail

2/27/17    Biometrics appointment in San Antonio

2/28/17    RFIE for I-864 (2016 tax return and needed a joint sponsor)

5/1/17      RFIE evidence received

10/6/17   Interview scheduled for November 13th!!!

11/13/17 Interview and approved on the spot!

11/21/17 Greencard arrives in the mail.  Plan to start naturalization in 3 years....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/20/2017 at 2:24 PM, ymv said:

Now you have given me a little hope because mine was received on the 14th of February, hopefully, i will have an update this coming week. Tired of sitting at home and doing nothing!!!

fingers crossed for an update this week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/20/2017 at 2:24 PM, ymv said:

Same, my received date was 17th Feb. I've just emailed my Congressman's immigration liaison officer asking her to chase my case for me. I have a job start date of June 20th which is 124 days from received date. I'm sure it'll be here before then, but I'm getting stressed about it. 

On 5/20/2017 at 2:20 PM, theresaa said:

Yesterday EAD case status changed to "New Card Being Produced"!! Case was received on February 13.

Congrats! Mine was received the same date as yours Im on my 99th day and still nothing. Did you get any rfes? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, EUDESKI19 said:

Congrats! Mine was received the same date as yours Im on my 99th day and still nothing. Did you get any rfes? 

No I did not receive any RFE's and I really hoping I don't get any!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

How does mailing to the Congress man work?

Today is my day 92 and nothing changed in the EAD process, case was recieved.

Edited by carlos7

AOS from F1

Spoiler

02/17/17   Packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

Day    01   -    02/19/17   Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Day    11   -    03/01/17   NOA1 Text & e-mail

Day   14    -    03/04/17   Physical NOA1 received

Day   37    -    03/30/17   Biometrics done

Day   45    -    04/07/17   Status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview"

Day 104    -    06/05/17   EAD/AP received

Day 336    -    01/23/18   Interview scheduled

Day 372    -    02/28/18   Interview and approved on the spot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.