2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aryma said:

Hi all!

Just to give everyone an update, I woke up this morning to the uscis update saying that my interview was scheduled. Yay! It's going to be on June 22nd and will give you a review right after :)

Things are starting to move and I'm sure everyone will get dates soon!!

Have you got your EAD card yet?

Timeline
1 hour ago, mmullins1421 said:

Have you got your EAD card yet?

Nope, I haven't. But if I get the GC first it won't matter anyway. :)

I-485 AOS from J-1:

CIS Office: Cincinnati, Ohio

2/8/2017: AOS, AED and AP sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via USPS (Day 1)

2/13/2017: AOS, AED and AP received date at the Chicago Lockbox (Day 5)

2/21/2017: NOA1 received through text and email (Day 13)

2/25/2017: NOA1 received by mail (Day 17)

3/9/2017: Biometrics appt. received by mail (Day 29)

3/22/2017: Biometrics done (Day 42)

4/6/2017: Case status updated online to Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview (Day 57)

5/17/2017: Interview scheduled for June 22 (Day 98)

6/22/2017: Interview - Waiting for Result (Day 134)

6/26/2017: Approved (Day 138)

6/30/2017: Card in the mail! (Day 142)

I-751 Removal of Condition:

5/24/2019: ROC sent to USCIS Dallas via USPS (Day 1)

5/28/2019: ROC received date (Day 5)

6/4/2019: 18 month Extension letter received through Mail - Assigned to LIN (Day 12)

10/4/2019: ASC Appointment Notice date (Day 134)

10/16/2019: ASC Appointment Notice Letter Received (Day 146)

10/21/2019: ASC Appointment Biometrics Done (Day 151)

5/12/2020: New Card is Being Produced  (Day 354)

5/18/2020: New Card in Hand!!!  (Day 360)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Burundi
Timeline
5 hours ago, goflyerz said:

My EAD card was received 3 weeks ago they just scheduled my interview date for June 15... Also just received update that my AP document was just processed

Congratulations!!! 

Could you please let us know when you filed for AOS, when your biometrics were taken and which field office is processing your case?

-Thanks.

Edited by Qella

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
5 hours ago, Aryma said:

Hi all!

Just to give everyone an update, I woke up this morning to the uscis update saying that my interview was scheduled. Yay! It's going to be on June 22nd and will give you a review right after :)

Things are starting to move and I'm sure everyone will get dates soon!!

Congrats! Best of luck on the interview and keep the rest of us posted.

Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

7/18/2016 --> I-129F application sent

1/26/2017 --> K1 visa received

Adjustment of Status Timeline:

2/7/17 --> I-485, I-131, I-765 (AOS+AP+EAD) application sent

8/18/2017--> green card received in mail

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

5/14/2019 --> I-751 application sent

10/2/2020 --> 10-year green card received in mail

Naturalization Timeline:

7/28/2020--> Submitted N-400 application online

2/12/2021--> Biometrics re-use letter received

4/30/2021--> Interview scheduled for 6/8/2021

6/8/2021-->  Approved during interview

6/21/2021-->  oath ceremony - officially US citizen

K1: 7/18/2016 --> 1/26/2017

AOS: 2/7/17 --> 8/18/2017

ROC:  5/14/2019 --> 10/2/2020

Naturalization: 7/28/2020--> 6/21/2021

Timeline
2 hours ago, NYBEtt said:

Congrats! Best of luck on the interview and keep the rest of us posted.

Thank you so much! I sure will :)

I-485 AOS from J-1:

CIS Office: Cincinnati, Ohio

2/8/2017: AOS, AED and AP sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via USPS (Day 1)

2/13/2017: AOS, AED and AP received date at the Chicago Lockbox (Day 5)

2/21/2017: NOA1 received through text and email (Day 13)

2/25/2017: NOA1 received by mail (Day 17)

3/9/2017: Biometrics appt. received by mail (Day 29)

3/22/2017: Biometrics done (Day 42)

4/6/2017: Case status updated online to Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview (Day 57)

5/17/2017: Interview scheduled for June 22 (Day 98)

6/22/2017: Interview - Waiting for Result (Day 134)

6/26/2017: Approved (Day 138)

6/30/2017: Card in the mail! (Day 142)

I-751 Removal of Condition:

5/24/2019: ROC sent to USCIS Dallas via USPS (Day 1)

5/28/2019: ROC received date (Day 5)

6/4/2019: 18 month Extension letter received through Mail - Assigned to LIN (Day 12)

10/4/2019: ASC Appointment Notice date (Day 134)

10/16/2019: ASC Appointment Notice Letter Received (Day 146)

10/21/2019: ASC Appointment Biometrics Done (Day 151)

5/12/2020: New Card is Being Produced  (Day 354)

5/18/2020: New Card in Hand!!!  (Day 360)

UPDATE :

I received my EAD Card today. Happiest day of my life since entering the US. Gonna get a drivers license in a day or two. I pray that everyone gets their EADs or Green Cards soon!

Good Luck people!

21 minutes ago, mhbrz said:

UPDATE :

I received my EAD Card today. Happiest day of my life since entering the US. Gonna get a drivers license in a day or two. I pray that everyone gets their EADs or Green Cards soon!

Good Luck people!

Congrats! Mine 94 days still nothing :( 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, mhbrz said:

UPDATE :

Good Luck people!

@mhbrz congratulations and good luck in your job(s) and to us all still waiting.

Finally some good news!

Our case was scheduled for an interview June 20th (field office: Chicago, IL). The case tracker skipped the "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" phase and just went straight to interview scheduled. 

Still no updates on EAD or AP, but that won't really matter unless we don't get approved on the spot. 

EAD/AP: 02/14/17 - 05/26/17 (101 days)

AOS: 02/14/17 - 06/20/17 (126 days)

ROC: 05/19/19 - 04/23/20 (340 days)

N-400: (249 days)

9/13/2020- Application filed online 

9/21/2020 - NOA1 received 

12/10/2020 - NOA2 biometrics reuse

2/2/2021 - NOA3 N-400 interview scheduled for 3/16/2021

3/8/2021 - NOA4 N-400 interview cancelled 

3/15/2021 - NOA5 N-400 interview re-scheduled 

4/27/2021 - Interview (approved)

4/28/2021 NOA6 Oath ceremony scheduled 

5/20/2021 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, rosecloud said:

Finally some good news!

Our case was scheduled for an interview June 20th (field office: Chicago, IL). The case tracker skipped the "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" phase and just went straight to interview scheduled. 

Still no updates on EAD or AP, but that won't really matter unless we don't get approved on the spot. 

Congratulations! Did your case tracker show the date of your interview or you received a mail from them? Ours is still stuck in the Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview and thought I might just get a mail with the interview date. Also, did you file a service request for your EAD prior to your updated AOS? Not that it matters now since you have an interview date set. :)

Good luck on the interview and let us know of your experience.

Current timeline:

July 2019 - filed I-751

August 2020 - filed N400

Sept. 2020 - i-751 status "Case Was Transferred to a New Office". Transferred to NBC.

April 12, 2021 - N400 interview in LA passed (with a pending i-751)

May 20, 2021 - I-751 status changed to Approved and N400 status changed to Oath Will Be Scheduled. 🤩

May 21, 2021 - received a call and email from USCIS Los Angeles with my NOA with my oath schedule.

May 28, 2021 - oath taking schedule in USCIS DTLA office. 😍

On 5/16/2017 at 4:41 PM, Vaug21 said:

Hi welcome back from your interview ,, how did it go ? Now the one with the experience please share with us ,, 🙏🏾All goes well or went well thanks!

UPDATE for my green card:

New Card is being produced

Today I went to Chicago Field Office with my wife. The interviewing officer was a very nice lady. She first asked us to take oath and then asked for our Photo IDs. After that she asked how did you meet, we told the whole story. She asked for our marriage certificate and said that she doesnt have that on file (strange because I had sent the documents with the application already). I gave her that. She asked to see our passports. Then she asked if we have any photos, we showed her a whole album. She took a few photos from it, she was particularly interested in photos of me with my wife's family and my wife's with my family. The album contained our wedding ceremony photos and some other general photos we had together. After photos she asked for any bonafide documents we have relating to marriage. We gave her our joint tax filing documents which had our name together. I showed her a checkbook from our joint account, it had both of our names. she took a deposit slip from it and kept it. She asked do you have any other accounts i said we have credit cards with same account number. She made a copy of them too. Then she went on asking several yes/no questions relating to like being arrested, criminal history, drug trafficking and she asked have you ever claimed verbally or in written that you are a US Citizen? She then told us about the removal of conditions process and told me that when you go to get a drivers license tell them ahead of time to not register you as voter because that may do serious immigration problems for you since you may be asked to sign the form, and if you do it then it may be termed as "falsely claiming to be a US Citizen". Then she walked us out in a very elegant manner. She had a very polite way of talking and had a nice smile on her face all the time. There was a small camera mounted up near the ceiling in the room.

In the afternoon I got the update from USCIS website which said "new card is being produced".

best of luck to everyone else!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
11 minutes ago, mhbrz said:

UPDATE for my green card:

New Card is being produced

Today I went to Chicago Field Office with my wife. The interviewing officer was a very nice lady. She first asked us to take oath and then asked for our Photo IDs. After that she asked how did you meet, we told the whole story. She asked for our marriage certificate and said that she doesnt have that on file (strange because I had sent the documents with the application already). I gave her that. She asked to see our passports. Then she asked if we have any photos, we showed her a whole album. She took a few photos from it, she was particularly interested in photos of me with my wife's family and my wife's with my family. The album contained our wedding ceremony photos and some other general photos we had together. After photos she asked for any bonafide documents we have relating to marriage. We gave her our joint tax filing documents which had our name together. I showed her a checkbook from our joint account, it had both of our names. she took a deposit slip from it and kept it. She asked do you have any other accounts i said we have credit cards with same account number. She made a copy of them too. Then she went on asking several yes/no questions relating to like being arrested, criminal history, drug trafficking and she asked have you ever claimed verbally or in written that you are a US Citizen? She then told us about the removal of conditions process and told me that when you go to get a drivers license tell them ahead of time to not register you as voter because that may do serious immigration problems for you since you may be asked to sign the form, and if you do it then it may be termed as "falsely claiming to be a US Citizen". Then she walked us out in a very elegant manner. She had a very polite way of talking and had a nice smile on her face all the time. There was a small camera mounted up near the ceiling in the room.

In the afternoon I got the update from USCIS website which said "new card is being produced".

best of luck to everyone else!

Wow ! Congragulations dear and thanks for sharing with us , that was great wish you all the best and happy marriage life

It's been 84 days on my end from my NOA for EAD to today, so I decided to file a Service Request. Had a friendly lady on the line who created the request quickly and gave me a reference number.

Not sure if it's gonna do anything, but I might as well pull all the strings I can.

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 5/17/2017 at 6:47 AM, laci1806 said:

Today is day 105 for our wait for EAD.... my husband and I are going to Florida for our honeymoon for 9 days and I really hope we'll hear something by the time we get back :)

Hi there! Did you do a service request or contact a congressman? I did both and got my EAD approved 4 days later! 

AOS FROM B1/B2 

2/13/17    Packet sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS through my lawyer.:D

2/14/17    Packet received 

2/21/17    Both Checks cashed

02/25/17 Received I-485 and I-765 in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.