AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/25/2017 at 4:38 AM, Binna said:

This is to wish you all Happy Holidays and to you all my Christian VJ-yers Merry Christmas

S2U too

On 12/27/2017 at 2:00 AM, TeamShagonna said:

Sorry for the delay...you must have gotten everything by now. The only paper they gave him was a list of instructions for picking up the visa. They didn't even give him the visa invoice!! According to my husband, no one that was interviewing with him that day received the invoice. We had to obtain the necessary info from the visa stamp.

Ah!! gotcha! I will collect passport today maybe there's extra information attached to it (looks like i worried too much) Thanks!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 23/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, manseca said:

For those poor souls still waiting from January, we finally got our NOA2 in the post on 22nd December 2017. Our PD was 25th January 2017 and the approval date was the 15th December 2017. Almost an entire year for the first part to be completed. Merry Christmas!

Pffffff, more than 2 months of difference with us, we got NOA2 Oct 12/PD 01-23... Anyway, I'm happy for you.

The paradox is that now we are slowing down this happy and colourful trip through the American Bureaucracy as we are moving the whole family on Jun 30, so to have to fly on, let's say, Jun 15 just to comply with the deadline was a bit stupid. Probably they don't think that, in case of families, a delay of 3-4 months means actually a full (scholar) year...

Happy New Year, and good luck to all

LIFE

2005: The beginning

2009: Marriage

2010: The twins came

USCIS

01/13/2017: I-130 - Chicago Lockbox

01/23/2017: NOA1 Form I-797 - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

7 hours ago, Cadizfornia said:

Pffffff, more than 2 months of difference with us, we got NOA2 Oct 12/PD 01-23... Anyway, I'm happy for you.

The paradox is that now we are slowing down this happy and colourful trip through the American Bureaucracy as we are moving the whole family on Jun 30, so to have to fly on, let's say, Jun 15 just to comply with the deadline was a bit stupid. Probably they don't think that, in case of families, a delay of 3-4 months means actually a full (scholar) year...

Happy New Year, and good luck to all

@Cadizfornia I agree. I feel that families should be an entirely separate category to account for all the intricacies of kids. I had to give up my research opportunity in January, because this took so long (as it's based off university calendars). So, the irony is now we're in no rush, because I have nothing to move for - it's a painful irony. We'll head back, but I'll have to start the hunt all over again for work/funding opportunities. Just going to enjoy the holidays and start the NVC stuff in January/February with the hopes of concluding by the end of Summer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I had my Interview today - 

It went quite well - probably lasted between 3 & 5 minutes. The usual basic questions and when it ended, she said all looks good so far but they will have to wait for my medicals before making a decision (I only did my medicals exactly last week and since then, it's been holidays, work only resumed in Jamaica yesterday). In Jamaica, the hospital sends the medicals directly to the Consular office.

She didn't ask to see any supporting documents or any proof of relationship evidence, not even a single picture (I had so many supporting documents - I just wasted time and energy gathering them :angry:). She has all the pictures and the supporting documents I sent with the I-130 Petition and she glanced through few of them as she was interviewing me.

Hopefully before the end of next week they should have my medicals and then, I will see how it goes.

So my interview didn't get that super climax feeling like most people here, I will have to wait a bit more for that :(

My current status on CEAC is "Administrative Processing".

...do good and good will be done onto you...

On 12/28/2017 at 1:15 PM, Binna said:

So I had my Interview today - 

It went quite well - probably lasted between 3 & 5 minutes. The usual basic questions and when it ended, she said all looks good so far but they will have to wait for my medicals before making a decision (I only did my medicals exactly last week and since then, it's been holidays, work only resumed in Jamaica yesterday). In Jamaica, the hospital sends the medicals directly to the Consular office.

She didn't ask to see any supporting documents or any proof of relationship evidence, not even a single picture (I had so many supporting documents - I just wasted time and energy gathering them :angry:). She has all the pictures and the supporting documents I sent with the I-130 Petition and she glanced through few of them as she was interviewing me.

Hopefully before the end of next week they should have my medicals and then, I will see how it goes.

So my interview didn't get that super climax feeling like most people here, I will have to wait a bit more for that :(

My current status on CEAC is "Administrative Processing".

They already have your pictures from your I-130 application so that's why they didn't needed  any additional pictures and they put you on AP probably for your medical report. Good Luck

Timeline
10 hours ago, Pavel1982 said:

They already have your pictures from your I-130 application so that's why they didn't needed  any additional pictures and they put you on AP probably for your medical report. Good Luck

You are right. I have been on AP since then. I checked with hospital and they confirmed my medical report was sent to the consular office the day after my interview. I wonder how long it takes them to go through the report, today is the 3rd working day since my interview and status still says AP :( (Although I noticed it changed briefly to Ready for like an hour or so yesterday and then back to AP)

3 hours ago, Binna said:

You are right. I have been on AP since then. I checked with hospital and they confirmed my medical report was sent to the consular office the day after my interview. I wonder how long it takes them to go through the report, today is the 3rd working day since my interview and status still says AP :( (Although I noticed it changed briefly to Ready for like an hour or so yesterday and then back to AP)

Don't  worry. I am pretty sure that it is just some routine processing. You will probably get your passport within 1-2 weeks

happy new year! and congratz to everyone that got appoved or has moved on to the nvc stage. For those still waiting, remain in high spirits! sending you good vibes.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Pavel1982 said:

Don't  worry. I am pretty sure that it is just some routine processing. You will probably get your passport within 1-2 weeks

So finally, status just changed to Issued!!! :)

I think now I can confidently say my visa is approved!

Hello! I wish I had found this group last year! I am a US citizen, my husband is from Peru. We (stupidly?) hired lawyers to help us file for his green card last January.  I received the receipt for the 1- 130 last Jan 20 2017. It came from the Texas service center (we live in NY)

we then got a notice in august 2017 that we had to re-submit our marriage certificate. Apparently our town hall left off some important information. We were also asked to submit passport style photos. 

We submitted that information promptly and then I downloaded the case tracker app and it says our form 1- 130 was "received at our local office".  It has now been 110 days and nothing else.  I've contacted our lawyer and he doesn't know anything.  

Im feeling desperate because during this time our son was born. I never thought he'd be born before we've gotten anywhere in this process!  And then I just lost my job while on maternity leave.  We really need my husband to be able to work legally!!

if anyone has any experience like this or has any ideas of what I can please help! I'm thinking about contacting my local congressman- has anyone had any luck with that?  I just don't know where to turn so any advice is much appreciated!!  

19 hours ago, Binna said:

So finally, status just changed to Issued!!! :)

I think now I can confidently say my visa is approved!

congratz!!! @Binna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.