Yaztalksalot

Still no NOA1 is this normal?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi All, 

First of all just want to say a massive thank you & Happy New Year to all of you, I followed the guides and it made this first part a lot simpler than just trying to do it alone!

I'm sure i'm just being paranoid and this is just the beginning so I should learn to relax now as there is a lot of waiting ahead of us, but we sent our I-129F petition to the Dallas Lockbox on the 4th of January by priority mail. They provided us with a tracking number which said that it was received on the 6th of January which was a Friday. It's now a week later and we've yet to receive any email notification/SMS or the hard copy letter - my fiance in the US said to relax as post and the government are slow but I've noticed some people on here got their NOA1 pretty quickly... 

Anybody who could put my mind at rest would be much appreciated! I just want to know they've received it and we're at least in the system haha!

Thank you 

Yas

Edited by YazMcKeag

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It can vary. Some people do get it right away and some it takes 1-2 weeks.

Did your fiance send a check for the processing fee? If so tell them to check and see if the check was cashed.

I would give it 4-5 more business days. There is also a lot of transition going on in the USCIS with Trump coming into office soon so that could be part of the delay.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It can take a month sometimes to receive the hardcopy in the mail.  And you really don't use it for anything.  Its the NOA2 that's really more needed.  The important thing is that you know they received it. Has your check been cashed?

I wouldn't worry at this point.  

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

It can vary. Some people do get it right away and some it takes 1-2 weeks.

Did your fiance send a check for the processing fee? If so tell them to check and see if the check was cashed.

I would give it 4-5 more business days. There is also a lot of transition going on in the USCIS with Trump coming into office soon so that could be part of the delay.

OK that makes sense, thank you for your reply! 

We sent a money order, I'm not sure if there is anyway of tracking if they have been cashed or not, my fiance has the receipt stubs for both of them!!

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, no worries like lioness said. you are good this is only the beginning best of luck. 

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Timeline

Thank you to all of you! :wub:

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And just an FYI... All I-129f are sent to the Dallas Texas lockbox.  They are then assigned to a service center.  I believe the only service center that is handling I-129f petitions is California Service Center right now.  You may want to correct that on your timleine once you do receive NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We filed on December 22 2015 and only got text/email on January 4 or 5. Hardcopy about 4 days after that. It takes more time when it's been holidays and all, nothing to worry about.

Did you send g-1145 to get electronic notifications? If not then you have to wait for the hardcopy, you need to give them 30 days from when they received your package.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
1 minute ago, LionessDeon said:

And just an FYI... All I-129f are sent to the Dallas Texas lockbox.  They are then assigned to a service center.  I believe the only service center that is handling I-129f petitions is California Service Center right now.  You may want to correct that on your timleine once you do receive NOA1

Ah OK no problem, I've edited the timeline for now and will update once I've received the NOA1, thank you!

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
21 minutes ago, YazMcKeag said:

Hi All, 

First of all just want to say a massive thank you & Happy New Year to all of you, I followed the guides and it made this first part a lot simpler than just trying to do it alone!

I'm sure i'm just being paranoid and this is just the beginning so I should learn to relax now as there is a lot of waiting ahead of us, but we sent our I-129F petition to the Dallas Lockbox on the 4th of January by priority mail. They provided us with a tracking number which said that it was received on the 6th of January which was a Friday. It's now a week later and we've yet to receive any email notification/SMS or the hard copy letter - my fiance in the US said to relax as post and the government are slow but I've noticed some people on here got their NOA1 pretty quickly... 

Anybody who could put my mind at rest would be much appreciated! I just want to know they've received it and we're at least in the system haha!

Thank you 

Yas

We sent ours on December 21st.  It was received by them on December 23rd.  We didn't get our NOA1 letter in the mail until January 10th.  From what I am seeing, they have slowed down a little bit.  Give it a little more time.  I am sure you will see it soon!  Good luck to you guys!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Scandi said:

We filed on December 22 2015 and only got text/email on January 4 or 5. Hardcopy about 4 days after that. It takes more time when it's been holidays and all, nothing to worry about.

Did you send g-1145 to get electronic notifications? If not then you have to wait for the hardcopy, you need to give them 30 days from when they received your package.

OK great, thank you for all setting my mind at ease. I've just been sitting here panicking myself, I was so calm before - but once you start the process I guess the nerves just start to kick in haha! 

We did include the G-1145 notification form, but I'd read they are sometimes unreliable so was just thinking about hardcopy! I'll relax now haha!

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ashley Scott said:

We sent ours on December 21st.  It was received by them on December 23rd.  We didn't get our NOA1 letter in the mail until January 10th.  From what I am seeing, they have slowed down a little bit.  Give it a little more time.  I am sure you will see it soon!  Good luck to you guys!

Ahhh, this makes me feel so much better, thank you thank you!

Good Luck to you too!! :wub:

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, YazMcKeag said:

We did include the G-1145 notification form, but I'd read they are sometimes unreliable so was just thinking about hardcopy! I'll relax now haha!

Yeah we sent our AOS package right before christmas and only received 2 notifications via text/email but it's supposed to be 3. So it seems a little flawed, that system. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
1 hour ago, Scandi said:

Yeah we sent our AOS package right before christmas and only received 2 notifications via text/email but it's supposed to be 3. So it seems a little flawed, that system. 

Yeah I've heard it's not that reliable! Hope your AOS process goes quickly! Congratulations on your marriage :wub:

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.