Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scandi said:

No, the DS-3025 is only for foreigners abroad, it's not used within the US at all. Those who complete their vaccinations within the US get a completely different from, called i-693. That form is handed over to USCIS in a sealed envelope, and it's the original. A regular copy in an un-sealed envelope won't do much good. USCIS might require you to get a i-693 considering your DS-3025 isn't filled out correctly. But no way of knowing for sure until they (if ever) ask you for it, so don't waste any money on that now.

Aha, I think I'm slowly starting to understand this. So there's really no way for Dr. Einar to rectify his mistake. But I take it I would only have to get the part of the I-693 that concerns vaccinations (part 9)? And since I already have the necessary vaccinations, all I would be asking the doctor to do here is really to copy the information from my DS-3025 + put a check mark on the appropriate option in the "results" section. I hope that is not too expensive if it comes to it...

And just to double check, I won't be needing the I-693 until the interview (if at all), is that right?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Have any of you traveled to Scandinavia with the ROC extension letter? I'm planning a trip this summer and will most likely travel with Scandinavian Airlines or Norwegian and change planes in Copenhagen or Stockholm. Any experiences?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi people,

My fiance just have done the interview and guess what? Approved! 

We would like to know if the passport is sent to his address in Denmark or if he will need to go pick it up at Post Nord. Can anyone help us?

Thanks

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jennifer & Pedro said:

Hi people,

We would like to know if the passport is sent to his address in Denmark or if he will need to go pick it up at Post Nord. Can anyone help us?

Thanks

No idea about the passport process in Denmark, but congratulations to the approval!

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
12 hours ago, Jennifer & Pedro said:

Hi people,

Thanks

Hi,
Congratulations!
I just had my K1 visa interview on Thursday in Stockholm as well and was approved :D !
I was told it would take up to 14 days to the passport to be mailed to Denmark, and she said that it might be necessary to pick it up at the post office in Denmark. But for some reason she didn't really say for sure she just mentioned it.

Either way count on 14 days. Our CEAC visa status has already changed to Non-immigrant visa "ISSUED" but I´m still counting on the 14 days to receive it in Denmark :) 

event.pngevent.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 4/27/2019 at 2:32 PM, Jennifer & Pedro said:

Hi people,

Thanks

On 4/28/2019 at 3:00 AM, JosephineAndBobby said:

Hi,
Congratulations!
I just had my K1 visa interview on Thursday in Stockholm as well and was approved :D !
I was told it would take up to 14 days to the passport to be mailed to Denmark, and she said that it might be necessary to pick it up at the post office in Denmark. But for some reason she didn't really say for sure she just mentioned it.

Either way count on 14 days. Our CEAC visa status has already changed to Non-immigrant visa "ISSUED" but I´m still counting on the 14 days to receive it in Denmark :) 

Hi! My husband and I are still a while off from his interview (still waiting on NOA2), but how did you /your fiance travel back to Denmark without the passport? My husband lives in Jutland so it's a little far to drive or take a train all the way from Stockholm.. 😅 Congrats on the approvals!

Edited by LilyJohansen

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
3 hours ago, LilyJohansen said:

Hi! My husband and I are still a while off from his interview (still waiting on NOA2), but how did you /your fiance travel back to Denmark without the passport? My husband lives in Jutland so it's a little far to drive or take a train all the way from Stockholm.. 😅 Congrats on the approvals!

Hi!
Good luck on the interview 🤞

I flew back to Denmark without my passport and it was no problem at all. Didn´t actually have to show any ID at any time in the Airport, and even if you´ll just show your drivers license/ valid ID. Because of EU rules, you don't have to show passport if you are an EU citizen traveling from another EU country into Denmark :) 

event.pngevent.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
10 hours ago, JosephineAndBobby said:

Hi!
Good luck on the interview 🤞

I flew back to Denmark without my passport and it was no problem at all. Didn´t actually have to show any ID at any time in the Airport, and even if you´ll just show your drivers license/ valid ID. Because of EU rules, you don't have to show passport if you are an EU citizen traveling from another EU country into Denmark :) 

Oh! That’s excellent to know, thank you :) We were unsure, because the times he has travelled to other EU countries he has only been going by land (other than when he transfers flights in the EU to get to America when he has his passport with him anyways) so we didn’t know how he would get back without his passport. This puts us so much more at ease for when the time comes!

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
19 hours ago, LilyJohansen said:

Oh! That’s excellent to know, thank you :) We were unsure, because the times he has travelled to other EU countries he has only been going by land (other than when he transfers flights in the EU to get to America when he has his passport with him anyways) so we didn’t know how he would get back without his passport. This puts us so much more at ease for when the time comes!

Yes you don´t have to worry about that at all :) ! Good luck!

event.pngevent.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi, Im new here. Will ask my question in Norwegian, as it can only be answered by Norwegians. Hope that is ok.

Noen her som har vært gjennom K1 visa prosessen og som er ufør? Vet vi har trygdeavtale med USA, så skal ikke være noe problem har jeg skjønt. Men, hvor mye endret utbetalingene seg? Jeg er ikke ung ufør. Blir mest sannsynlig 70% ufør fra slutten av september. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, MariaBL said:

Hi, Im new here. Will ask my question in Norwegian, as it can only be answered by Norwegians. Hope that is ok.

Noen her som har vært gjennom K1 visa prosessen og som er ufør? Vet vi har trygdeavtale med USA, så skal ikke være noe problem har jeg skjønt. Men, hvor mye endret utbetalingene seg? Jeg er ikke ung ufør. Blir mest sannsynlig 70% ufør fra slutten av september. 

We post in English because our American partners are involved in this thread too, so they can read everything and be part of the journey as well. Just thought I'd add that in case someone was wondering why we don't post in "Scandinavian" much. ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Scandi said:

We post in English because our American partners are involved in this thread too, so they can read everything and be part of the journey as well. Just thought I'd add that in case someone was wondering why we don't post in "Scandinavian" much. ☺️

Ok. I will remember that. Thanks. 

Timeline

To those of you who have already interviewed and received the visa, how long did it take between when your CEAC changed to "issued" and when your visa arrived? My fiance interviewed on April 25th and was approved, then our case changed to issued on May 2nd. In some places it looks like as soon as it's marked issued it leaves the embassy and is on its way, but I feel like if that was the case my fiance would have it by now. Does anyone know if it seems like its 14 days after the interview/approval or 14 days after it changes to issued?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jennifer & Pedro said:

To those of you who have already interviewed and received the visa, how long did it take between when your CEAC changed to "issued" and when your visa arrived? My fiance interviewed on April 25th and was approved, then our case changed to issued on May 2nd. In some places it looks like as soon as it's marked issued it leaves the embassy and is on its way, but I feel like if that was the case my fiance would have it by now. Does anyone know if it seems like its 14 days after the interview/approval or 14 days after it changes to issued?

My passport/visa arrived the day after the status changed to Issued. So very quick. Less than 24 hours I believe.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jennifer & Pedro said:

Hi
I had the same interview date for the K1 visa. My CEAC changed to Issued on April 26 and it was sent from the embassy on April 29th, I can see on the envelope..I then found it in our the shed a week after because I didn't know it had been sent and unfortunately it had gotten a bit wet, even the "don´t open envelope" was a bit wet, but I just have to pray that everything is fine. I contacted the embassy and they said there is nothing they can do, only if the "don't open envelop" had been open they could repack it, but they can´t do anything about being wet, it´ll just dry and hopefully everything will be fine.. Anyway my point is I guess it has arrived maybe on May 1st.. But so they don't necessarily send it out the same day it´s issued. Mine was sent 3 days after it was issued.  And be sure to check the mail box for any missed deliveries notes that might have to be picked up at the post office or if you have an agreement that they can leave it somewhere. It can arrive any day now I guess.

event.pngevent.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.