Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
23 hours ago, heavily1121 said:

Hello. I am waiting for an interview appointment to be scheduled at Stockholms embassy.

I'm wondering - does anyone know if an ongoing ADHD "investigation" could be a negative factor or somehow be negative for the medical exam or the visa in general? I.e., not having any diagnosis, but being under formal investigation to find out about it.

What could you expect to happen in that scenario? 

Edit: is ADHD cause for denial, does anyone know? Seems it is considered a "mental illness" on some pages but whilst it really is a disability. 

I am no expert, but I do not see why anyone would be denied for having an ADHD diagnosis.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Finally got our NOA2 for K1.  Are they still doing K1 interviews? 

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

On 7/6/2021 at 8:23 PM, Vanessa2020 said:

I am no expert, but I do not see why anyone would be denied for having an ADHD diagnosis.

Thank you, that made me feel more calm.

Has anyone here done a medical exam in Stockholm or Gothenburg?

I'm wondering how it was, if someone has an experience to share. I read somewhere that you usually take off your clothes for the doctor? Feels a little embarrasing (perhaps just me).

Sorry, i'm very new to this. Just want to know how it is in general so I can feel more prepared.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, heavily1121 said:

Thank you, that made me feel more calm.

Has anyone here done a medical exam in Stockholm or Gothenburg?

I'm wondering how it was, if someone has an experience to share. I read somewhere that you usually take off your clothes for the doctor? Feels a little embarrasing (perhaps just me).

Sorry, i'm very new to this. Just want to know how it is in general so I can feel more prepared.

Never needed to take off anything but my jacket in Gbg. Einar is amazing, he doesn't overdo things, he just asks a few questions and fills out a form. The nurses take your blood etc. Very easy process, nothing to worry about at all. For the x-rays (different place from where you have your medical) you need to be naked from the waist up. 

Since you haven't filled out your timeline or profile I don't know which visa you're going for - if you're going for a K-1 make sure you have all your vaccines and the DS-3025 marked "complete" (if they still do it that way), so you don't have to hunt down someone here in the US who is willing to complete your vaccines without redoing the whole medical again (those are few and far in between).

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
23 hours ago, dmeister3 said:

Finally got our NOA2 for K1.  Are they still doing K1 interviews? 

Congrats!  From what I understand, they are.  But I haven't seen any new appointment dates from any groups that I am in recently.  Last I heard, they were still processing  ready cases from Oct 2020 and appointments were booked through August this year already.  So.....yep.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Vanessa2020 said:

Congrats!  From what I understand, they are.  But I haven't seen any new appointment dates from any groups that I am in recently.  Last I heard, they were still processing  ready cases from Oct 2020 and appointments were booked through August this year already.  So.....yep.

What are they doing, 4 appointments a month? Scandinavia isn’t even a popular location to immigrate from. 😔

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Timeline
6 hours ago, KM & ST said:

How do you find these stats? Are there numbers for IR-1 too?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

Here is the site for the visa stats.  They have all visa classes.

Edit: looks like they did 7 IR-1 in May.

Edited by Vanessa2020

5 hours ago, Vanessa2020 said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

Here is the site for the visa stats.  They have all visa classes.

Edit: looks like they did 7 IR-1 in May.

Thank you for the link!

Yikes, those are such small numbers.

March was so much higher for some reason and it has only gone down from there it seems.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/23/2021 at 10:17 AM, bcrew13 said:

Is there a reason why Stockholm is only issuing 2 CR1's in June when they are so backlogged? What is taking so long to get back to speed?

I have no clue what the holdup is.  They only did 7 K1 also.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.