Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi guys! Just popping over here to see if anyone knows if the Swedish consulate is scheduling interviews yet. In my K1 thread people are discussing the travel bans as reason for the consulate to not even schedule interviews.  I tried reading through the last page or two of this thread, but there's so much going on I can't make sense of it. 😬 TIA

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, dmeister3 said:

Hi guys! Just popping over here to see if anyone knows if the Swedish consulate is scheduling interviews yet. In my K1 thread people are discussing the travel bans as reason for the consulate to not even schedule interviews.  I tried reading through the last page or two of this thread, but there's so much going on I can't make sense of it. 😬 TIA

They are not scheduling K-1 interviews, because of the travel ban, unless you are a plaintiff in the Milligan lawsuit

Edited by Kumirei

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

So I just found out that Sweden banned entry from Norway and Denmark until (at least) April.... 

Anybody from Norway or Denmark that had their interview rescheduled because of this?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Annem95 said:

So I just found out that Sweden banned entry from Norway and Denmark until (at least) April.... 

Anybody from Norway or Denmark that had their interview rescheduled because of this?

From what I have read in the round 2 Milligan plaintiffs' Facebook group it doesn't seem like anyone has been rescheduled. However, they don't seem sure that they'll be allowed to cross the border either

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
16 hours ago, Annem95 said:

I'm talking to one of the K1 round two plaintiffs from Denmark on Messenger sometimes, and she told me that most of them got rescheduled from March to April because of this. I think one girl from Norway(?) got to keep her appointment for this month but the girl I'm talking to didn't know why, and if I remember correctly the Norwegian girl have to quarantine outside of Norway for 14 days to get into Sweden for the interview. The Danish girl ironically could have gotten into Sweden, she thinks, due to her parents or something like that. So it's a bit confusing, but I wouldn't count on an interview as long as the ban on Norway is in place, though. Unless the embassy have different rules for CR1/IR1, but even so you might have trouble crossing the border if you try going directly from Norway to Sweden👀

Timeline
1 hour ago, stuckonyou said:

I'm talking to one of the K1 round two plaintiffs from Denmark on Messenger sometimes, and she told me that most of them got rescheduled from March to April because of this. I think one girl from Norway(?) got to keep her appointment for this month but the girl I'm talking to didn't know why, and if I remember correctly the Norwegian girl have to quarantine outside of Norway for 14 days to get into Sweden for the interview. The Danish girl ironically could have gotten into Sweden, she thinks, due to her parents or something like that. So it's a bit confusing, but I wouldn't count on an interview as long as the ban on Norway is in place, though. Unless the embassy have different rules for CR1/IR1, but even so you might have trouble crossing the border if you try going directly from Norway to Sweden👀

Thank you for some info. Yeah I’m considering going through Finland or something. But the ban is probably going to end before they schedule me for an interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 3/3/2021 at 4:45 AM, Annem95 said:

Thank you for some info. Yeah I’m considering going through Finland or something. But the ban is probably going to end before they schedule me for an interview.

I’ve been waiting to be scheduled for an interview for IR1/CR1 since September, and still haven’t heard anything. Every time I wrote to the embassy to ask them if they were still scheduling cases from Denmark (and then Norway) because of the entry ban, they wouldn’t give me a straight answer. I spoke to someone from Denmark who originally was scheduled for January, and they kept having to reschedule their interview every time the entry ban was extended. So from what I gather (and what my attorney thinks too) the embassy isn’t scheduling new cases from Denmark and Norway as long as there’s an entry ban in place. I tried to tell them that I was willing to go to another country and quarantine to then go to Sweden, but that didn’t seem to help any. They never actually replied to that email, so I stopped pushing because there wasn’t anything more I could do. 

So that’s my story just as an FYI. If anyone has had a different experience then please share, but for now I’m not expecting anything until the entry ban ends. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, B+L said:

I’ve been waiting to be scheduled for an interview for IR1/CR1 since September, and still haven’t heard anything. Every time I wrote to the embassy to ask them if they were still scheduling cases from Denmark (and then Norway) because of the entry ban, they wouldn’t give me a straight answer. I spoke to someone from Denmark who originally was scheduled for January, and they kept having to reschedule their interview every time the entry ban was extended. So from what I gather (and what my attorney thinks too) the embassy isn’t scheduling new cases from Denmark and Norway as long as there’s an entry ban in place. I tried to tell them that I was willing to go to another country and quarantine to then go to Sweden, but that didn’t seem to help any. They never actually replied to that email, so I stopped pushing because there wasn’t anything more I could do. 

So that’s my story just as an FYI. If anyone has had a different experience then please share, but for now I’m not expecting anything until the entry ban ends. 

Thank you so much. Wow, you’ve been waiting since September that is crazy... It says on the embassy website that the backlogs are substantial, but I did not expect it to be this bad. 

Btw I see you’re going to end up in the twin cities, me too!! Cool.

My mental health is deteriorating fast because of this waiting. I just turned down a really good job offer, because I can not accept new things atm, since I don’t know how long I’m staying in Norway before I get my visa approved. 

It’s a sad situation for all. Is there a Facebook group for Scandinavians waiting for CR1/IR1 interview? Would love to be a part of some supporting community right now. 

Edited by Annem95

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Annem95 said:

Thank you so much. Wow, you’ve been waiting since September that is crazy... It says on the embassy website that the backlogs are substantial, but I did not expect it to be this bad. 

Btw I see you’re going to end up in the twin cities, me too!! Cool.

My mental health is deteriorating fast because of this waiting. I just turned down a really good job offer, because I can not accept new things atm, since I don’t know how long I’m staying in Norway before I get my visa approved. 

It’s a sad situation for all. Is there a Facebook group for Scandinavians waiting for CR1/IR1 interview? Would love to be a part of some supporting community right now. 

Yeah it’s been a crazy long time! But it hopefully won’t be as bad for everybody, people who were DQed just two days before us got their interview dates just before the entry ban was announced, so I think we just got caught on the wrong side of things.

I also think they’re moving ahead with Swedish cases from what I’ve seen on this page, so once the entry ban is lifted they’ll probably be focusing on bringing Danish and Norwegian cases up to the same point, so hopefully everything go quicker then and you won’t have to wait as long 🤞 

Oh haha small world! I’m in the cities right now actually 😊 

The wait is horrible, I know! You just feel like you’re stuck in limbo and you can’t move on with things in your life.. Just keep reminding yourself of how wonderful it’s going to be once this is over! I have a picture of a mountain by my bed at home with the quote: “The best view comes after the hardest climb”. Hang in there, it’s all going to be worth it 💚  

I don’t know of any Facebook groups for Scandinavians, but would be nice if there was one! 

7 hours ago, B+L said:

I am Swedish and still waiting. DQ 7th of October.
I dont understand, seems like they stopped processing October cases. Saw that only one person who were DQed in Oct got an interview in february. 

5 hours ago, B+L said:

Yeah it’s been a crazy long time! But it hopefully won’t be as bad for everybody, people who were DQed just two days before us got their interview dates just before the entry ban was announced, so I think we just got caught on the wrong side of things.

I also think they’re moving ahead with Swedish cases from what I’ve seen on this page, so once the entry ban is lifted they’ll probably be focusing on bringing Danish and Norwegian cases up to the same point, so hopefully everything go quicker then and you won’t have to wait as long 🤞 

Oh haha small world! I’m in the cities right now actually 😊 

The wait is horrible, I know! You just feel like you’re stuck in limbo and you can’t move on with things in your life.. Just keep reminding yourself of how wonderful it’s going to be once this is over! I have a picture of a mountain by my bed at home with the quote: “The best view comes after the hardest climb”. Hang in there, it’s all going to be worth it 💚  

I don’t know of any Facebook groups for Scandinavians, but would be nice if there was one! 

trust me I feel you. Its not healthy for any of us. My contract for the apartment ended and now I have to live like a vagabond because I cannot make any long term agreements. That is so hectic that you cannot plan anything!

Timeline
10 hours ago, isamanda said:

I am Swedish and still waiting. DQ 7th of October.
I dont understand, seems like they stopped processing October cases. Saw that only one person who were DQed in Oct got an interview in february. 

That’s so strange! It’s like nothing has moved since January.. I don’t see why they wouldn’t be scheduling cases from Sweden, so why are they holding off like that? Nothing makes sense.. 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, B+L said:

We were DQ'd 3 Oct and have not heard anything either and my husband is in Stockholm.  We are just as confused as the rest as to why interviews did not get scheduled for Mar or April.  

I like the idea of a FB group for Scandinavians.  I have not found one for our situation.  I would help administrate if someone can help me.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, ntur said:

We were DQ'd 3 Oct and have not heard anything either and my husband is in Stockholm.  We are just as confused as the rest as to why interviews did not get scheduled for Mar or April.  

I like the idea of a FB group for Scandinavians.  I have not found one for our situation.  I would help administrate if someone can help me.  

It's called "Scandinavians in America".

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 hours ago, ntur said:

A girl I write with on Messenger regularly is a round three plaintiff in the Milligan lawsuit. She's in Sweden and in spite of the Stockholm embassy previously getting back to plaintiffs fairly quickly (for us it took three days back in January!) and processing cases this last round as been kept waiting. It's been about 1.5 weeks since they became official plaintiffs and the embassy responded to her this morning that they're waiting for guidelines and something about scheduling capacity, if I remember correctly. I don't know if this could be connected maybe and that something's up in general with the Stockholm embassy and scheduling interviews right now?

Timeline

We were DQ'd on November 18th and have yet to hear anything regarding an interview.  My husband is in Norway and I've reached out to the embassy in Stockholm once to inquire about how the entry ban might affect scheduling his interview.  I received a generic reply where they just copy and pasted the same info that is on their website.  The info there makes it seem like they are still processing IR-1/CR-1, but from what I'm reading here it doesn't seem to be the case.  I'm sure this is creating even a more substantial backlog as well. 

Feeling frustrated and discouraged!  Would love to join a FB group for others going through the same thing.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.