Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JosephineAndBobby said:

That´s Great!! :D Now you can book the interview!

We called in and got our case nr., we didn´t make the 19th shipment, but I´m still very excited about having the case nr. now, and I have just booked my Medical and we are ready for our case to hopefully be shipped off on April 2! :D
I hope there is´nt a long wait for the interview though! (I´m kinda starting to hope for at POE end ogMay and June wedding :D 
Since they have received your case, do you know how long a wait there is for the interview at Stockholm? :)

Ah, great news!! Congrats!! Have you started assembling paperwork for package 3?

I was was trying to book the interview yesterday, but they don’t want anyone to book before they got the checklist so I am waiting.... on the website it said “first available interview date April 11”... but since it’s only Thursdays I fear I will get 18th... We want to go travel before POE so I am hoping for things to move forward ASAP so we can book the tickets ... but I fear the processing time after interviews can be very long sometimes so I don’t dare plan anything yet! 

If you are from Denmark, do you need to go to Stockholm for the interview? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
9 minutes ago, DatMotorcycleRide said:

Ah, great news!! Congrats!! Have you started assembling paperwork for package 3?

I was was trying to book the interview yesterday, but they don’t want anyone to book before they got the checklist so I am waiting.... on the website it said “first available interview date April 11”... but since it’s only Thursdays I fear I will get 18th... We want to go travel before POE so I am hoping for things to move forward ASAP so we can book the tickets ... but I fear the processing time after interviews can be very long sometimes so I don’t dare plan anything yet! 

If you are from Denmark, do you need to go to Stockholm for the interview? 

Yes, I have started, I think I have pretty much everything ready to quickly assemble and then my fiance is gonna ship his over once he has all his stuff :) 

Okay, I see there is a bit waiting time then.. Oh well I hope for us both we´ll be lucky and there is a slot open fast! And maybe you are lucky the 11 th will still available once you have the packet! :D  Do you know how long it normally takes to receive the packet after CEAC says "Ready"?

That sounds so nice that you guys will travel a bit first! :D

Yes I´m from Denmark, but all Danish, Norwegian and (ofc) Swedish citizens have to go to the Stockholm embassy for the K1 interview :)

event.pngevent.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JosephineAndBobby said:

Yes, I have started, I think I have pretty much everything ready to quickly assemble and then my fiance is gonna ship his over once he has all his stuff :) 

Okay, I see there is a bit waiting time then.. Oh well I hope for us both we´ll be lucky and there is a slot open fast! And maybe you are lucky the 11 th will still available once you have the packet! :D  Do you know how long it normally takes to receive the packet after CEAC says "Ready"?

Yes I´m from Denmark, but all Danish, Norwegian and (ofc) Swedish citizens have to go to the Stockholm embassy for the K1 interview :)

I’ve tried checking similar timelines and it says 1-2 days only so I am hoping for today! If my bf doesn’t have the email when he wakes up I will maybe try to call them today.. 

I will message you so we don’t flood this thread! :) 

Timeline
12 hours ago, JosephineAndBobby said:

12 hours ago, DatMotorcycleRide said:

I’ve tried checking similar timelines and it says 1-2 days only so I am hoping for today! If my bf doesn’t have the email when he wakes up I will maybe try to call them today.. 

You can find a copy of the checklist on this forum with some searching, it's a bit old but it's the same as the new checklist.  Stockholm is very efficient and fast, my fiance had her interview last month.  Also my recommendation is to book the interview a couple of weeks after your medical so they have time to send your medical to the embassy or else your approval will pend on the embassy getting the medical.  Wish y'all the best of luck :)

Edited by myjourney2018

13 hours ago, JosephineAndBobby said:

13 hours ago, DatMotorcycleRide said:

49 minutes ago, myjourney2018 said:

You can find a copy of the checklist on this forum with some searching, it's a bit old but it's the same as the new checklist.  Stockholm is very efficient and fast, my fiance had her interview last month.  Also my recommendation is to book the interview a couple of weeks after your medical so they have time to send your medical to the embassy or else your approval will pend on the embassy getting the medical.  Wish y'all the best of luck :)

:) 

h

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I am from Denmark and will have to do my interview at the embassy in Stockholm.

I heard from some people that it's a good idea to schedule the medical examination, when the I-130 gets approved?

Can anybody confirm this?
and is it allowed to do so, because to my understanding the medical office will send the results to the embassy, but if they haven't received my case yet, will that work?

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

I heard from some people that it's a good idea to schedule the medical examination, when the I-130 gets approved?

and is it allowed to do so, because to my understanding the medical office will send the results to the embassy, but if they haven't received my case yet, will that work?

Hi,
I´m a K1 filer, so not sure it applies to i-130! so dobble check it and hopefully someone with more knowlegde will jump in.  But I´ll to share what I´m doing.
We got our NOA2 and once we had our NVC case nr. I was able to schedule my medical even though I don't have an interview at STK yet, they´ll just sent it to the embassy anyway i guess, and the Dr. make it very clear that the medical will only be valid for 6 months. I hope there won´t be too long after I have done the medical that the embassy will have recived the case.

Again, I´m not sure what waiting time and process you are looking at since I´m K1 filer :)

event.pngevent.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Since your case is i-130 it will be stuck at NVC for a long time, unlike for us who went the K-1 route. So I'm not sure someone with an i-130 should do their medical that early in the process..

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scandi said:

Since your case is i-130 it will be stuck at NVC for a long time, unlike for us who went the K-1 route. So I'm not sure someone with an i-130 should do their medical that early in the process..

I heard other people from the same Service center as me and applying for the IR-1/CR-1 visa, waiting 6 weeks to get their case number at the National Visa Center.

Hey guys, quick tax question. I have a Swedish investment account (ISK) which is being taxed quarterly, and because of that, a standard income (schablonintäkt) is calculated and shown on my Swedish tax return. However that's not money that I actually received, because the capital gains/losses were never realized, so do I have to put it on my US taxes? My husband is convinced that I don't need to declare the income in the US until I actually sell. I think he might be right but I wanted to check if someone's been in a similar situation. I also have dividend income which I have put in a 1099-DIV.

h

Timeline

Your input - comments on shipping boxes from Stockholm to Denver, CO

Do you have any good experience or recommendation for a company that can ship boxes from Stockholm to Denver, Colorado ?

Type of boxes = standard Clas Olson flyttkartong

approx. amount = 20 (weight varies but in average 15 Kg

from Stockholm / Rissne / Shurgard to Denver, CO / Centennial (airport = DEN

max time of transport = 4 weeks

departure from Stockholm 2019-06-14

There're probably a lot more details needed, but this is a start. What are the other requirements I need to decide upon ? Insurance, customs declaration, plastic film around the boxes, detailed description of content, my name + passport no. on the outside of each box , and more ...

Do you have any Lessons Learned what to include in my planning ?

any recommended web urls I can research to get some more information

any good urls inside VJ that are covering this topic

anything else ? and yes, I'll try to get rid of a lot of stuff before shipping to US ... 🙂    Thx !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Random question for my Swedes (not that this is isolated to Swedes only :P):

Paul has his conditional green card (ROC isn't until summer of 2020) and we are visiting Sweden this coming September to visit his family. We have to layover at JFK on our way back home and only have a couple of hours, which means this will be our POE back into the US. This is a first for him traveling as an LPR and not a Euro tourist, so he's anticipating a bit of a different experience.

For anyone who has traveled back from Europe with a conditional GC - Is there any difference when traveling with the conditional versus 10 year green card, as far as which line you go through, etc.?

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline
21 hours ago, Ralph2CO said:

Your input - comments on shipping boxes from Stockholm to Denver, CO

Do you have any good experience or recommendation for a company that can ship boxes from Stockholm to Denver, Colorado ?

Type of boxes = standard Clas Olson flyttkartong

approx. amount = 20 (weight varies but in average 15 Kg

from Stockholm / Rissne / Shurgard to Denver, CO / Centennial (airport = DEN

max time of transport = 4 weeks

departure from Stockholm 2019-06-14

There're probably a lot more details needed, but this is a start. What are the other requirements I need to decide upon ? Insurance, customs declaration, plastic film around the boxes, detailed description of content, my name + passport no. on the outside of each box , and more ...

Do you have any Lessons Learned what to include in my planning ?

any recommended web urls I can research to get some more information

any good urls inside VJ that are covering this topic

anything else ? and yes, I'll try to get rid of a lot of stuff before shipping to US ... 🙂    Thx !

Yes please, I have this very similar question regarding international moving company/shippers.  My fiance has a few things she wants to move with her.  

I did find one company but their price seems outrageous, I did a sample quote of a surfboard and they wanted 500 USD to ship a surfboard.  

Timeline
12 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Random question for my Swedes (not that this is isolated to Swedes only :P):

Paul has his conditional green card (ROC isn't until summer of 2020) and we are visiting Sweden this coming September to visit his family. We have to layover at JFK on our way back home and only have a couple of hours, which means this will be our POE back into the US. This is a first for him traveling as an LPR and not a Euro tourist, so he's anticipating a bit of a different experience.

For anyone who has traveled back from Europe with a conditional GC - Is there any difference when traveling with the conditional versus 10 year green card, as far as which line you go through, etc.?

No, a greencard holder is a greencard holder, there's no difference. Your status is the same, that is Legal Permanent Resident. You go in the citizen line (at LAX even Canadian tourists go there).

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and forum and everything but it has been so nice to finally see people with similar situations and get some information specific to our location and visa type. My fiance (in Denmark) and I started the K-1 process in October, got our NOA2 on Feb. 12, and finally on Tuesday heard from the NVC (we only ever got one letter from them, and email that said it was received and now they are forwarding it on to the Embassy). I've been checking the CEAC tracker religiously and now it says "Ready". Any ideas how long it will take before we get the instructions from the Embassy? Should he schedule his medical examination now or will that cause problems?

p.s. Sorry if this is all repeated, I still haven't figured out how to search the forum threads 😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.