Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, Scandi said:

Whoa, you did your medical before getting your NOA2? Why? :o

You need to have a new medical.

And what do you mean by "sent to the embassy in June"? The mebassy has nothing to do with yiur case until you have your NOA2 and your case has left NVC.

Her medical was sent to the embassy.

I also booked my medical before I got NOA2 as it just fit better in to my schedule.

OP. You might have done the medical a bit to soon so it will be a bit pressured not only for this interview but also for your medical and AOS

But worst case they will ask you to re-take it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Scheduling the medical later on in the process but before NOA2 is one thing, but scheduling the medical and actually have it done right after NOA1 is another. I don't think I have heard of that before. 

I'm sure they will ask for a new medical since they can't issue the visa if the medical is 6 months old or older. And from what I understand there's not even a NOA2 yet?

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Scheduling the medical later on in the process but before NOA2 is one thing, but scheduling the medical and actually have it done right after NOA1 is another. I don't think I have heard of that before. 

Me neither.  I thought we were weird for getting the first available appointment after NOA2.  It was in the same city we lived, so that might be a consideration for some if they have to travel.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Scandi said:

I'm sure they will ask for a new medical since they can't issue the visa if the medical is 6 months old or older. And from what I understand there's not even a NOA2 yet?

I haven't either I got to say that and especially now when processing times are longer.

Correct there is no NOA2 and medical will be expired this month so they will have to re-take the medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

So I have my embassy interview soon and I noticed that the embassy instruckens say that the birth certificate "must state the date and place of birth of both parents".
I have gotten copies of all 3 versions that exsist of a Norwegian birth certificat, and the only information they have about my parents are there names. 

Has anyone had a problem with using the Norwegian "flerspråklig fødselsattest" ?
Is there anyway to get a Norwegian birth certification with place and date of parents birth on it? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/21/2017 at 7:08 PM, Shanne said:

So I have my embassy interview soon and I noticed that the embassy instruckens say that the birth certificate "must state the date and place of birth of both parents".
I have gotten copies of all 3 versions that exsist of a Norwegian birth certificat, and the only information they have about my parents are there names. 

Has anyone had a problem with using the Norwegian "flerspråklig fødselsattest" ?
Is there anyway to get a Norwegian birth certification with place and date of parents birth on it? 

My visa was approved yesterday :D
So for future reference for any Norwegians reading this. The Embassy just want the "flerspråklig fødselsattest" 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Shanne said:

My visa was approved yesterday :D
So for future reference for any Norwegians reading this. The Embassy just want the "flerspråklig fødselsattest" 

Congrats :) 

• 2 weeks later...

God förmiddag :) My fiancé and I are currently awaiting our NoA2. It will probably be a while since we're September filers, but due to an upcoming busy season for me at work, I made an action plan just to know what to be prepared for. Any input you may have would be greatly appreciated. For those of you who have been through the process - was there anything in the DS-160 or the I-134 that took longer than expected? I would like to deal with that now rather than when working 80 hour weeks.

1. When NoA2 is received

Check when the next medical appointment + X-ray is available (visumintyg@sibyllekliniken.com

Start to collect documents listed below in 6.1-2

2. Two-three weeks after NoA2 (or more )

Call NVC at (603)-334-0700 to get case number

3. After receiving case number

Check ceac status at https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx, - when status is "Ready", submit DS-160 at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ 

Book medical. The medical should ideally be about 14 days before embassy interview

Book embassy interview at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/se/, pay fee $265

4. Few days to a week after “case ready”

Receive checklist from embassy (petitioner will receive this)

5. Medical Appointment - What to bring

Vaccination records (minimum requirement is that they show MMR, DT(aP), flu shot)

Passport

Separate passport photo

Pay fee $520/4350 SEK

Ask for copy of vaccination records DS-3025 needed later on for AoS

6.1 Embassy Interview - What to have ready from petitioner

I-134 Affidavit of Support

Statement from the bank (date account opened, total amount deposited the last year, present balance)

Statement from employer (date+nature of employment, salary paid, whether temporary/permanent)

Two pay stubs

Two tax returns (W2)

Updated letter of intent

6.2 Embassy Interview - What to have ready from beneficiary 

Passport valid 6+ months after issuance of visa

Old passport

Birth certificate/extract of the population register, including family. Must contain DOB, POB, names of both parents, in English (120)

Police certificate/utdrag belastningsregistret utland

2 identical color photographs, 2 inches square (50mm), full face, centered in frame

Evidence that we have met and valid relationship. Letters, written correspondence, phone records, photos, screenshots

Proof of registration of address (UID confirmation number, received when scheduling interview), print out and bring

h

Timeline
7 hours ago, LizM said:

God förmiddag :) My fiancé and I are currently awaiting our NoA2. It will probably be a while since we're September filers, but due to an upcoming busy season for me at work, I made an action plan just to know what to be prepared for. Any input you may have would be greatly appreciated. For those of you who have been through the process - was there anything in the DS-160 or the I-134 that took longer than expected? I would like to deal with that now rather than when working 80 hour weeks.

1. When NoA2 is received

Check when the next medical appointment + X-ray is available (visumintyg@sibyllekliniken.com

Start to collect documents listed below in 6.1-2

2. Two-three weeks after NoA2 (or more )

Call NVC at (603)-334-0700 to get case number

3. After receiving case number

Check ceac status at https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx, - when status is "Ready", submit DS-160 at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ 

Book medical. The medical should ideally be about 14 days before embassy interview

Book embassy interview at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/se/, pay fee $265

4. Few days to a week after “case ready”

Receive checklist from embassy (petitioner will receive this)

5. Medical Appointment - What to bring

Vaccination records (minimum requirement is that they show MMR, DT(aP), flu shot)

Passport

Separate passport photo

Pay fee $520/4350 SEK

Ask for copy of vaccination records DS-3025 needed later on for AoS

6.1 Embassy Interview - What to have ready from petitioner

I-134 Affidavit of Support

Statement from the bank (date account opened, total amount deposited the last year, present balance)

Statement from employer (date+nature of employment, salary paid, whether temporary/permanent)

Two pay stubs

Two tax returns (W2)

Updated letter of intent

6.2 Embassy Interview - What to have ready from beneficiary 

Passport valid 6+ months after issuance of visa

Old passport

Birth certificate/extract of the population register, including family. Must contain DOB, POB, names of both parents, in English (120)

Police certificate/utdrag belastningsregistret utland

2 identical color photographs, 2 inches square (50mm), full face, centered in frame

Evidence that we have met and valid relationship. Letters, written correspondence, phone records, photos, screenshots

Proof of registration of address (UID confirmation number, received when scheduling interview), print out and bring

the DS-160 has some questions that potential are time consuming to find the answers too. But it only askes for information about the"beneficiary". 
-list ever country you have visited in the last 5 years
- list every time you have (ever) entered the USA, and the number of days you stayed
- list every secondary of higher educational institution I have attended, and when you have attended it. 
- they also want your work history, but I think it only wants the last 5 years. 

3 and 4
The US embassy in Sweden's webpage states that you may not book your embassy interview before receiving packet 3(embassy checklist).
But you can make your account with the embassy before receiving packet 3, enter all the personal info(like e-mail) and pay the appointment fee. I did this, and therefore I as the "beneficiary" also received a copy of packet 3 directly to my e-mail. 

I received a full copy of the medical paperwork at the embassy interview including the DS-3025. 

List of stocks and bonds

The embassy wants "recent" dates on the the letter of intent to marry and your I-134(and relay anything your fiance brings to the interview)So if you send them to your fiance to early he/she might be asked about getting a new copy at the embassy interview. 

you also need the DS-160 confirmation

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Shanne said:

I received a full copy of the medical paperwork at the embassy interview including the DS-3025. 

I did too but I have seen a lot of people at the Stockholm embassy who did not receive it so it would be a good idea to ask for it to be on the safe side. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 6:16 PM, Shanne said:

the DS-160 has some questions that potential are time consuming to find the answers too. But it only askes for information about the"beneficiary". 
-list ever country you have visited in the last 5 years
- list every time you have (ever) entered the USA, and the number of days you stayed
- list every secondary of higher educational institution I have attended, and when you have attended it. 
- they also want your work history, but I think it only wants the last 5 years. 

3 and 4
The US embassy in Sweden's webpage states that you may not book your embassy interview before receiving packet 3(embassy checklist).
But you can make your account with the embassy before receiving packet 3, enter all the personal info(like e-mail) and pay the appointment fee. I did this, and therefore I as the "beneficiary" also received a copy of packet 3 directly to my e-mail. 

List of stocks and bonds

The embassy wants "recent" dates on the the letter of intent to marry and your I-134(and relay anything your fiance brings to the interview)So if you send them to your fiance to early he/she might be asked about getting a new copy at the embassy interview. 

you also need the DS-160 confirmation

On 10/12/2017 at 6:32 PM, Unidentified said:

I did too but I have seen a lot of people at the Stockholm embassy who did not receive it so it would be a good idea to ask for it to be on the safe side. 

Hi guys - I realized I completely forgot to thank you, sorry about that. I have made the above edits to my list :)

About the "every time you ever entered the US" - so not just in the past 5 years? I guess I should go into the DS-160 and take a look myself. But if they need this then I definitely have some research to do, as I came and left a few times as a toddler..

h

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, LizM said:

Hi guys - I realized I completely forgot to thank you, sorry about that. I have made the above edits to my list :)

About the "every time you ever entered the US" - so not just in the past 5 years? I guess I should go into the DS-160 and take a look myself. But if they need this then I definitely have some research to do, as I came and left a few times as a toddler..

No worries :) They don't seem to be super picky about dates: it does say on there that if you are not sure about dates you can put in your best estimation of when you went in and out of the country. So I wouldn't worry too much about exact dates if you can't get that information. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

This is where all the Swedes have been hiding! :) I'm glad we finally found this thread (thanks @Scandi!).

I'm the petitioner, and the one out of the pair of us that typically posts on here the post; my fiancé tends to come and scope/lurk. :P

He's from Gothenburg (big change moving to a small town in the south ;) ). I have to go back and read through the previous pages on here and catch up/fill myself in. So far, there seems to be a lot of helpful information here though. I already emailed this link to my fiancé.  :D

Right now, we're awaiting NVC notice. Our NOA2 was on December 1st. This may be answered in previous posts that I just haven't read yet, so I apologize for potentially dragging up old topics - has anyone gone ahead and had their medical requirements fulfilled after receiving NOA2, but before receiving notice from the NVC? We read somewhere that I-129 expires 4 months after being approved (the NOA2 date), which made us a bit nervous since it's now been over a month for us and we're still waiting. Also not sure if there are any stipulations to that expiration date. He wants to go ahead and get vaccinations done at the very least, but doesn't want to do it too prematurely before the interview.

I'm planning a trip to Gothenburg end of February/early March. We initially thought it may time out where I would be there whenever his interview happens, but not sure now the way things have slowed down. :wacko:

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

This is where all the Swedes have been hiding! :) I'm glad we finally found this thread (thanks @Scandi!).

I'm the petitioner, and the one out of the pair of us that typically posts on here the post; my fiancé tends to come and scope/lurk. :P

He's from Gothenburg (big change moving to a small town in the south ;) ). I have to go back and read through the previous pages on here and catch up/fill myself in. So far, there seems to be a lot of helpful information here though. I already emailed this link to my fiancé.  :D

Right now, we're awaiting NVC notice. Our NOA2 was on December 1st. This may be answered in previous posts that I just haven't read yet, so I apologize for potentially dragging up old topics - has anyone gone ahead and had their medical requirements fulfilled after receiving NOA2, but before receiving notice from the NVC? We read somewhere that I-129 expires 4 months after being approved (the NOA2 date), which made us a bit nervous since it's now been over a month for us and we're still waiting. Also not sure if there are any stipulations to that expiration date. He wants to go ahead and get vaccinations done at the very least, but doesn't want to do it too prematurely before the interview.

I'm planning a trip to Gothenburg end of February/early March. We initially thought it may time out where I would be there whenever his interview happens, but not sure now the way things have slowed down. :wacko:

Some of us scheduled our medicals after receiving NOA2. NVC will give you a case number (most people call NVC to get it as soon as it's assigned), you don't need the case number to book your medical appointment (only for the actual appointment).

Back when I booked my medical the wait time between NOA2 and being assigned a case number at NVC was around 30 days. I heard things are worse now, some say it can take up to 90 days. So I understand if you're hesitant in booking a medical already.

The visa will only be valid 6 months from the date of the medical.

The approval of the petition is valid for 4 months, but will automatically be extended until you have had your interview. I still suggest contacting the embassy in case time is about to run out to make sure they do extend it properly for you.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Some of us scheduled our medicals after receiving NOA2. NVC will give you a case number (most people call NVC to get it as soon as it's assigned), you don't need the case number to book your medical appointment (only for the actual appointment).

Back when I booked my medical the wait time between NOA2 and being assigned a case number at NVC was around 30 days. I heard things are worse now, some say it can take up to 90 days. So I understand if you're hesitant in booking a medical already.

The visa will only be valid 6 months from the date of the medical.

The approval of the petition is valid for 4 months, but will automatically be extended until you have had your interview. I still suggest contacting the embassy in case time is about to run out to make sure they do extend it properly for you.

Thank you for that info - good to know.

Yes, people who are currently waiting for NVC notice are being told it can take up to 90 days right now between NOA2 and NVC. :wacko: Which stressed me out when I heard the expiration was potentially 4 months from NOA2, lol.

I told my fiancé I was planning on calling/contacting NVC by the end of January if we haven't received anything, because that will be almost 2 months out from NOA2. But it does help that he doesn't have to have the case number to book his medical appointment; I was under the impression that he had to wait until he receives the packet before he can book his medical.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.