Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Charlesvb12 said:

:( Jan 17th NOA1 no RFE no NOA2 yet, I am also starting to lose all hope in the process seeing all these people go for interviews in Jan and people in Feb n March receiving NOA2 already is definitely frustrating and upsetting. I am happy for everyone who is moving along just wish I would get some answers soon.

If it gets as far as 180 days you can file an inquiry.  That is what they kept telling me at 100 days, that I had to wait basically six months from when my received date.  Sorry for your long wait.  Good luck, and hope it moves faster for you.  Definitely would be calling tier2

35 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

What's your received date? Processing times refer to that one apparently, so maybe you are already past processing times (15th January) and therefore legitimated to call or make an inquiry.

Good luck!

Jan 17th Received date I called on June 15th of last week and spoke to Tier 2 and he told me I am "2 days" within processing time. He told me I could call back after June 17th because ill be outside of processing time and to call this week, but i've also heard from people I will have to wait until they change the date to Feb 15th to make an inquiry. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, Charlesvb12 said:

Jan 17th Received date I called on June 15th of last week and spoke to Tier 2 and he told me I am "2 days" within processing time. He told me I could call back after June 17th because ill be outside of processing time and to call this week, but i've also heard from people I will have to wait until they change the date to Feb 15th to make an inquiry. 

Sorry to hear that. I thought it could be the case since your timeline says NOA1 17th January and I assumed it was the notice date, since that's what you are supposed to put there to get estimates.

:(

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
13 hours ago, chibijedi said:

I need your help!

I completed the DS160 and booked my interview. But I think I have an issue. When I filled the DS160 form, it didn't ask me to fill the academic background. That page didn't show up. But apparently it's supposed to show up and I need to fill that information.

I'm going to ask my lawyer about this if I need to create a new form and re-schedule the interview. However, if you can share some information with me, it'll be much appreciated.

9 hours ago, PR&PR said:

Well looking at it there is a part about work/education/training. They only ask for the name of my school and address

I just went back and looked as well and it's very strange.  It only asks for my work and then when I go forward, it goes to additional information.  However, when I'm on additional If I want to go back, it brings me to "work previous" where it asks for previous employment and education.  That's the only way I could access it.  

Timeline
7 hours ago, Danni_xo said:

Hi @eastcoastgroove I noticed that we had the same NOA2 date! I'm in Vancouver so will be dealing with Montreal as well... Just wondering if you have contacted NVC to get a case number? My fiance called on Jun 9th but no luck. And we haven't called again. Hope we get the NVC number soon!

Hi! I called Thursday and nothing and will try again tomorrow.  However, I've been keeping my eye on fellow canadians and it seems many have had to wait at least a month for their case numbers, and they seem to be getting them by email (to the petitioner).  I'll let you know tomorrow once I call if I get anything/ or if my fiance gets an email.  

Timeline
12 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I just went back and looked as well and it's very strange.  It only asks for my work and then when I go forward, it goes to additional information.  However, when I'm on additional If I want to go back, it brings me to "work previous" where it asks for previous employment and education.  That's the only way I could access it.  

Yeah. Actually I heard exactly the same thing from another person. And the previous employment and education page didn't show up while I was filling the form. So it seems like I need to re-create my DS160 and update my profile with the new confirmation number...

Timeline
5 hours ago, glmg21 said:

Yep, on my DS-160 I have to fill out all of my education history above secondary level, including time periods and areas of concentration. It was under Work/Travel/Education information. I have had both J-1 and F1 visas before, which might have triggered it, but I don't know?

Thank you for the information. It seems like a weird glitch or maybe a Chrome thing... I have no idea. But I've heard some people had the same issue as me. I called the embassy today. They told me that I can create a new DS160 and update my profile with the new confirmation number. So I don't need to re-schedule my interview.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Antonia & Dian said:

I just filled out the ds160 last night and it asked academic information for my fiancé. I wonder if they updated the form recently? 

I had a question too, when did you submit it? I've seen some people say after it says ready and a few who have done it after noa2 ...does it matter when? 

Thanks!

hopefully the lawyer will give you exact information on whether you need to resubmit it. 

Thank you for the information. Somehow the academic information page didn't show up while I was filling the form. I was very careful. And I've heard some people had the same issue as me. I think we are supposed to submit the DS160 when your visa case is ready. It means you have to have the NOA2. That's my understanding. I submitted it after I got the packet from my local US embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
30 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I notice there is "work previous" at "additional" page; I click on it and it doesn't show questions about previous employment and education history ...

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Timeline
Just now, keixjil said:

I notice there is "work previous" at "additional" page; I click on it and it doesn't show questions about previous employment and education history ...

What does it do?? Mine goes to a page I had never seen before where I input that information.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

SO weird I need help .. my fiancé called NVC the 0888 number last week and they said they have received it but no number. Then he called the same number again today to ask if we got case number they said it's the non immigrant phone number we should call 0700 number. He called and it goes straight to voice message. #######

can someone help me and knows what to do? 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

What does it do?? Mine goes to a page I had never seen before where I input that information.  

Wow your explanation works like magic :D I tried to click on "work/education previous" again and it went straight to the right academic page :) 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

AOS Journey: 

ROC Journey:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hannah96 said:

SO weird I need help .. my fiancé called NVC the 0888 number last week and they said they have received it but no number. Then he called the same number again today to ask if we got case number they said it's the non immigrant phone number we should call 0700 number. He called and it goes straight to voice message. #######

I think depends on NVC reps, your answer will be different. You can try to call back to NVC 0888 again to check your case meanwhile the other line is busy. Or you can try to call back the 0700 line again... 

I called the 0700 line at the very early opening hour or almost closing hour to avoid holds and queues. 

Good luck 

AOS Journey: 

ROC Journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Hannah96 said:

I just want to say that I am glad they finally received your case! I'm sure you'll get your case number the next time you call. 

Anyway, try calling them at a different time, maybe?

I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

3 hours ago, Charlesvb12 said:

:( Jan 17th NOA1 no RFE no NOA2 yet, I am also starting to lose all hope in the process seeing all these people go for interviews in Jan and people in Feb n March receiving NOA2 already is definitely frustrating and upsetting. I am happy for everyone who is moving along just wish I would get some answers soon.

Our NOA1 was January 13th.

i have a feeling within the next two weeks it will be our turn! Fingers crossed!

We are expecting an RFE, but will be delighted when we get it! 

Does anyone know a rough time frame of how long the process takes after approval? I want to start looking at flights! Haha!

have a great day everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.