Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nameless said:

OMG!  I just got home from work and checked my mail.  NOA2 hard copy APPROVED !

I'm so beyond happy right now! :jest:

YES!!!! Congratulations.

What is your Received date? Ours is 05/05 

Our Visa Timeline Journey

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent : 2017-01-09
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-01-17
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-05-05
NVC Received : 2017-05-23
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-05-23
NVC Left : 2017-05-23
Consulate Received : 2017-05-26
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date : 2017-07-17 

Timeline
5 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

We just received our letter today and it was dated 05/05/17. In the system our case still shows received. They really do have a system glitch. Goodluck to the rest.. check your mailbox! ;-)

Hey Congratulations to you both. It seems like 05/05 was a good day for USCIS pushing out approvals

All the best for a speedy POE 

Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So it looks like APPROVED cases are not being updated on the tracker, but the RFE'd ones are, because my app keeps notifying me that a case has been updated and when I check it, it's ALWAYs an RFE'd case.

I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Timeline
6 hours ago, Noeyjohns said:

I've seen so many joys today seeing all of you got Noa2 approval on the mail today. I still believe that we will get RFE because one of missed check. I just hope USCIS will inform this soon, so my fiance can reply it as soon as he received the letter. 

Maybe not. I know that I second guessed myself several times on the documents we filed thinking that maybe I forgot to sign a page or check off the right box. Most of the RFE's sent out early on covered most of these kinds of mistakes if you look at the data.

Just keep praying and remain optimistic

We are confident you guys will receive your NOA2 in the next couple of weeks..

Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Martin & Rona said:

Maybe not. I know that I second guessed myself several times on the documents we filed thinking that maybe I forgot to sign a page or check off the right box. Most of the RFE's sent out early on covered most of these kinds of mistakes if you look at the data.

Just keep praying and remain optimistic

We are confident you guys will receive your NOA2 in the next couple of weeks..

Don't forget to remind Rona to attend the CFO seminar once she gets her visa. After the seminar, she will get the CFO Guidance Counseling Certificate and the Passport Emigrant Sticker on her visa. It's not a US requirement so it may not be on Packet 3, but it is a mandatory counseling service for Filipinos in intermarriages. Those who do not have the sticker on their visa at the time of their flight will not be allowed to board their plane.

Just a friendly reminder. :) Hope the next steps will go smoothly for you! :D 

Edited by HazeyHaze
I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Timeline
12 minutes ago, HazeyHaze said:

Don't forget to remind Rona to attend the CFO seminar once she gets her visa. After the seminar, she will get the CFO Guidance Counseling Certificate and the Passport Emigrant Sticker on her visa. It's not a US requirement so it may not be on Packet 3, but it is a mandatory counseling service for Filipinos in intermarriages. Those who do not have the sticker on their visa at the time of their flight will not be allowed to board their plane.

Just a friendly reminder. :) Hope the next steps will go smoothly for you! :D 

Thanks for the reminder.

When I visited Rona back in March we scheduled to attend the CFO in Cebu during my visit. Unfortunately we missed a very early morning flight and the later flight even though it got us in before noon it took 2 hours to drive from the airport to the CFO office. We were turned away by a very unfriendly guard who told me no "husbands" (I think he meant men) are allowed. So she if going to schedule her CFO when she has her medical in Manila. 

I wouldn't recommend anyone flying to Cebu to attend the CFO because the traffic is so bad and their office is very difficult to find. Even though the traffic is bad in Manila at least the CFO office is in a convenient location.

We know your time is coming shortly. It would be awesome if all of could arrange to meet in Manila to meet each other and to witness how happy our brides will be when we collect them and bring them here to the states with us.

You are both in our prayers  that you receive your NOA2 shortly

Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  

5 hours ago, NicoAndNelle said:

Yaaaaay.....I been stalking you!!! #noshame... saying to myself "This girl ain't got approved yet" .I imagine the waiting was of course worse for you but yeesssss!!! Happy dance and congratulations!!!!

Thanks! Yes it was a long wait.  And now there is more waiting to get my case number from the NVC.  We actually got approved a week ago on the 5th and didn't know it.  So hopefully no more than 2 weeks until I get the case number.  Everything seems to go faster at that point.  My fiance still hasn't gotten his passport, birth certificate or police report back and he applied in March!  Things are so slow in Trinidad.  I hope that doesn't slow us down. 

48 minutes ago, Martin & Rona said:

YES!!!! Congratulations.

What is your Received date? Ours is 05/05 

Mine was the 5th too!  I see that was a lucky day for a lot of people! :)

Timeline

I can't wait to celebrate with everyone once I get a noa in the mail, im just glad I finally got some peace of mind now. It's like the weight of the world of your shoulder falls off your back. Congratulations to all who received their NOA 2!! ^^

Edited by Chris&RunnyRun

Timeline

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who got their approvals! I would just like to ask, I already have our NVC MNL number. We started assembling requirements for the interview such as the ds160, forms, police report, birth cer and cenomar? Am i missing something else? Do i simply check after a few days til it says "ready" in the CEAC site?  Then schedule medical and interview? :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, smedeiros said:

94 days from NOA1 to NOA2 my fiance is in canada, it was approved on the 5th! what exactly happens now? My fiance and I both thought different things so we both got confused tonight when trying to figure out what the next thing is 

In the visa guide if you scroll down past the stuff you had to collect for the I-129f, it will say what you need to start collecting for pkt 3. http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide these docs you'll have to send to your fiancé. The beneficerary will have to make sure they've had all their vaccinations up to date, police check, long form birth certificate. After two weeks you can contact the nvc to find out if they've received your approved petition and case number. Once you've gathered all the documents and benificerary completed the ds-160 online you can find intructions online on how to send the nessesary documents that have to be sent to the embassy right away online. (Pkt3) however the beneficiary will receive this through snail mail. When you're finished collecting and sending all those documents for pkt 3, wait for pkt 4 which is steps in making the interview appointment and the medical.

Edited by calahjosh931

13 hours ago, dbmathis said:

I called support and they were lame. 

I said the online checker is broken and he said it couldn't be, they would have told him. I said, really, then why can I see cases stopped being approved for 2 weeks and then many many people during that time who are sitting in received getting mailed approvals? He said not to trust you guys :)

Then he said only November is being processed right now. I said, nope, not true, I have a list of all of the receipts and can see that Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb are being processed.  Then silence.

He said it's too late to pass me over to Tier 2 but call back tomorrow. :)

Regarding the response from the support agent who said he would know if the online checker is broken because someone would have told him. Let's think about this for e few moments. How would he know? Who would have told him? 

• Do they periodically go to the online checker and type in other people's receipt numbers to verify it's all working? Doubtful.
  • They are not receptive when I call. It's a one way street with them. I've called several times and it's always, shut up and listen to my canned message.
  • How many of us have called and told them the online checker is broken while in an approved state? I have, but my case is still in received, so I have no evidence. I suspect that the agent on the phone is using the same online checker haha.

They've set things up in a way that they don't know when their stuff is working or not. If they are not checking to verify it's working and none of us are telling them, then it's plausible that a broken status checker could go unfixed for weeks until someone notices or listens.

I just hope I get a letter in the mail soon that says approved like the rest of the folks here. I will then follow-up with them and report the issue then, forcing them to take notice of my status sitting in received even though I have approval in hand. :)

Congrats to all my friends on here who made tot NOA2!!!!!!

Edited by dbmathis

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, dbmathis said:

Regarding the response from the support agent who said he would know if the online checker is broken because someone would have told him. Let's think about this for e few moments. How would he know? Who would have told him? 

• Do they periodically go to the online checker and type in other people's receipt numbers to verify it's all working? Doubtful.
  • They are not receptive when I call. It's a one way street with them. I've called several times and it's always, shut up and listen to my canned message.
  • How many of us have called and told them the online checker is broken while in an approved state? I have, but my case is still in received, so I have no evidence. I suspect that the agent on the phone is using the same online checker haha.

They've set things up in a way that they don't know when their stuff is working or not. If they are not checking to verify it's working and none of us are telling them, then it's plausible that a broken status checker could go unfixed for weeks until someone notices or listens.

I just hope I get a letter in the mail soon that says approved like the rest of the folks here. I will then follow-up with them and report the issue then, forcing them to take notice of my status sitting in received even though I have approval in hand. :)

Congrats to all my friends on here who made tot NOA2!!!!!!

Maybe we should tell them on twitter, they have to keep " a good image" (answers are public); they might submit our inquiries to their IT Department since it's the national account and not just a random guy on the phone

Edited by XavierFR

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité.

2 minutes ago, XavierFR said:

Maybe we should tell them on twitter, they have to keep " a good image" (answers are public); they might submit our inquiries to their IT Department since it's the national account and not just a random guy on the phone

That's a good idea. I will go there and start it :)

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

13 minutes ago, dbmathis said:

That's a good idea. I will go there and start it :)

@dbmathis1975 BTW

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.