Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, SkruDe said:

Mine says:

"The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC), 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909.  The USCIS has completed all action; further inquiries should be directed to the NVC."

Wow. It is strange that they are using 2 different types of wording. There has to be a reason. Those paragraphs are clearly pretyped. Even the back of my NOA2 has a portion where it states that if the NOA2 says your case has been forwarded to a consulate, contact that consulate directly about any concerns with your case (almost word for word)

Perhaps it is dependent on the beneficiary's country of residence?

Edited by sbane12

19 minutes ago, sbane12 said:

Wow. It is strange that they are using 2 different types of wording. There has to be a reason. Those paragraphs are clearly pretyped. Even the back of my NOA2 has a portion where it states that if the NOA2 says your case has been forwarded to a consulate, contact that consulate directly about any concerns with your case (almost word for word)

Perhaps it is dependent on the beneficiary's country of residence?

I looked around on VJ and it looks like that has happened to other people as well, but it seems to just be a miscommunication. All cases have to go through the nvc

This might be a stupid question but... does anyone know why approvals have slowed down so much!? Last week I thought maybe it was training or they were catching up on December cases but now I am seriously starting to worry! I want to see more approvals!! Please if anyone knows anything let me know!

31 minutes ago, tayro said:

This might be a stupid question but... does anyone know why approvals have slowed down so much!? Last week I thought maybe it was training or they were catching up on December cases but now I am seriously starting to worry! I want to see more approvals!! Please if anyone knows anything let me know!

We are all wondering the same thing. The best theory going is that there was/is an issue with the online status checker, approvals are still happening, but the notifications are only being sent through snail mail. 

Edited by dbmathis

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

My fiancé received the RFE in his mail yesterday.

It says:

----------------------

Signature

The I-129F you submitted is missing your signature. Therefore you must sign Part 4 on page 6 of the attached copy of Form I-129F.

Digital signatures aren't acceptable. You must manually sign the application.

------------------------

My fiancé had used Adobe Acrobat's feature for a digital signature which was basically a cursive font spelling out his name. I had scanned my handwritten signatures onto the G-325 form.

The RFE doesn't mention my signatures being a problem which was expected.

However, the ambiguity lies within the fact that although my fiancé used the same digital signature in other forms (G-325, cover letter and statement of intent to marry), the RFE doesn't mention problems with these forms.

Should we refill all forms and send anyway? 

Does it hurt our application if we do more than is stated in RFE?

Thanks,

Elvis & Juliana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Angel&Eric said:

Being a February filer I scanned for Feb. and as I said there was more than one... in fact there were two.  I was mildly disappointed.  But it is progress.

Ran another scan after midnight eastern time, and there was no change from the earlier scan for Feb filers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just came back here to check again as this waiting is killing me (and by me, I mean all of us :p). Anybody here who got an RFE earlier and has already received an approval? We plan to get married around October but we're starting to feel like that's not very possible given how slow USCIS officers are processing cases. Have not seen any January RFE'd couples get approvals yet.

I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
9 hours ago, dbmathis said:

I'm telling you, it's a trick question. Whether or not a person plans to go to school or not when they get into the USA can't be proven and they don't care if it can be proven in the first place. The entire question is designed to expose people who are using a K1 visa as a way to go to a school in the USA. It's not bad advice at all, in fact in comes from an immigration lawyer with 20 years experience and a Ph.D from Yale. However, if you want to risk going all the way through the process only to get rejected at the end because you think it's fraud, be my guest. It's actually the fraud of using a K1 visa to get into the USA for a school that they are looking for. It's the reason why the question is being asked in the first place. They are not asking these things for friendly conversation.

Here's exactly what my lawyer said (also note that it is not a lie in the way that you answer):

"The following two questions are also sometimes asked:

7.  Do you intend to work in the U.S.?  Answer:  "I have no specific intention to work."

8.  Do you intend to go to school in the U.S.?  Answer:  "I have no specific intention to attend school."

These answers are correct since you do not have work lined up and have not been accepted to any school. Your purpose in coming to the U.S. is to marry your fiancé, and then apply for your Green Card. "

But what if I got accepted to a school now before I arrive and say I will start studying but my intention is to marry my fiance? Because I got accepted at this school and can start when I arrive. 

02/08/2017- I-129F packet received

02/10/2017 -NOA1

02/18/2017 - NOA1 Letter 

Waiting for NOA2

My app scan is showing 2 approvals, 4 RFE, and a lot of 'response to RFE received' for yesterday.

So that's more applications being added back into the pile that are waiting for approval, and pretty much nothing else happening. This is really starting to concern me...

01/18/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

01/25/17 - NOA1

05/05/17 - NOA2 (100 days from NOA1)

05/19/17 - NVC received and case number assigned

05/26/17 - Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'

05/30/17 - Medical

05/31/17 - Consulate received 

07/13/17 - Interview, APPROVED!

07/21/17 - Visa in hand

07/22/17 - POE Newark, successful

08/02/17 - Married

08/23/17 - AOS filed (incl. EAD and AP)

08/31/17 - NOA1 date on AOS packet

09/21/17 - Biometrics appt

10/16/17 - Online tracker says 'Ready for Interview'

11/09/17 - EAD and AP approved

11/16/17 - EAD/AP combo card arrived

12/19/17 - Green card interview

12/22/17 - RFE received (medical had been lost)

01/23/18 - Green card in production

Timeline

23 hours ago, disobedientavocad said:

Hey guys! I've been lurking in here for the past months, I am a January filer (NOA1:Jan 24) and as many others, haven't heard anything yet. My fiancee is actually active military and just got back from deployment but since we are not in a rush, we didn't want to expedite it.
That is until now :D
Seeing how nothing has been happening past 2 weeks, we want to send in an expedite request next week. Does anyone know how we can do that?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

There's the Military Helpline on the USCIS website. My fiance is in active service so he called and told them he's gonna be deployed in December, but until then, he has loads of schools and field exercises he has to go to, so he wants me there while all this is happening. They said he needs to fax proof of all that, all sorts of papers and signatures from his superiors. Hasn't done that yet cause he had to go in the field :|

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Just now, AnnieBee said:

There's the Military Helpline on the USCIS website. My fiance is in active service so he called and told them he's gonna be deployed in December, but until then, he has loads of schools and field exercises he has to go to, so he wants me there while all this is happening. They said he needs to fax proof of all that, all sorts of papers and signatures from his superiors. Hasn't done that yet cause he had to go in the field :|

So there has to be a specific reason why he is asking for the expedite? My fiancee just got back from deployment and he is leaving the military in September so I don't think there would be sufficient reason for an expedite...

9 minutes ago, disobedientavocad said:

So there has to be a specific reason why he is asking for the expedite? My fiancee just got back from deployment and he is leaving the military in September so I don't think there would be sufficient reason for an expedite...

You have to have a reason, yes. And you have to provide evidence. And that's where it gets dodgy because on the USCIS case status i get very confusing updates such as "You've requested an expedite process" and "your expedite process has been completed" and it never says approved or denied. So my fiance called and that's when they told him to fax proof...which is weird because they change dates for all sorts of departures all the time. It's never the same date they set a week ago. So you'd have to come up with papers all the time, everytime they change dates. At least that's how i see it. Anyway we'll try and send proof next week.

Edited by AnnieBee

Timeline

It's hard to believe the scans because we don't know if they are accurate from recent reports. We also don't know if the bug that they have on their website is fixed... I just hope a lot of us filers will get approvals through snail mail today or sometime soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.