Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: P-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am withdrawing my account with VJ, unfortunately I have been experiencing violations against my personal information and photos. I only have a Facebook account outside of this one, and I am rarely on that. So once again,  toprotect my privacy I am deleting this account.  Best wishes,  God is in control 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Best wishes said:

I am withdrawing my account with VJ, unfortunately I have been experiencing violations against my personal information and photos. I only have a Facebook account outside of this one, and I am rarely on that. So once again,  toprotect my privacy I am deleting this account.  Best wishes,  God is in control 

What??!! What kind of violations? Anyone else experience this? How did you find out?

Not that I have anything crazy or super-top-secret on my Facebook, but it is somewhat concerning...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 hours ago, EMIRAFA said:

Package sent on February 9th to Dallas office.

Not receiving NOA1 yet...

It will take quite sometimes. They ever cashed ur check? NOA 1 hardcopy comes later 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/15/2017 at 7:55 PM, Miina said:

Do you mean getting NOA2 in April? I dont want to be spoiling the optimism, but since there's still like 50% of November filers who havent received their NOA2 yet, I dont think you'll have the visa in hand that soon :( But NOA2 definitely! Im hoping for a visa in June-ish! :)

Agreed. In the situation we're all in, for me it helps to expect the worst, and anything better than that will be a very pleasant surprise. My NOA1 date is Jan. 12. I'm expecting them to not get around to our petitions until early April. Also planning for an RFE. Bottom line is I'm expecting my fiancée to be here by the end of August. Anything earlier will be a gift. 

K1

I-129F Sent :                                       2017-01-03

I-129F NOA1 :                                     2017-01-12

I-129F NOA2 :                                     2017-04-12

NVC Received :                                   2017-05-08

Consulate Received :                          2017-05-12

Packet 3 Received :                             2017-05-15

Interview (Approved) :                        2017-06-06

Visa Received:                                    2017 06-15

US Entry (POE: Houston):                   2017 06-26

AOS

I-485 Combo Sent:                              2017-08-01

I-485 NOA1:                                        2017 08-07

Biometrics:                                         2017 08-23

I-131 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

I-765 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

Interview (No Decision)                      2017 10-25

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello!
We received the email saying that our case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center on Mon, Feb 6th
The check has been cashed but we havent received the hard copy in the mail. Is this normal? we are getting worried :(

1 hour ago, anajabonero said:

Hello!
We received the email saying that our case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center on Mon, Feb 6th
The check has been cashed but we havent received the hard copy in the mail. Is this normal? we are getting worried :(

It's not uncommon for the hard copy to take some time. If you look at your online tracking you should see something like:

If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 6, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

So if you've not heard by then, you know what to do!

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, PhotoJ89 said:

Agreed. In the situation we're all in, for me it helps to expect the worst, and anything better than that will be a very pleasant surprise. My NOA1 date is Jan. 12. I'm expecting them to not get around to our petitions until early April. Also planning for an RFE. Bottom line is I'm expecting my fiancée to be here by the end of August. Anything earlier will be a gift. 

Me and you are in the same boat! My NOA1 day is 1/13...but they. Just me a notification yesterday saying they updated his info because they spelled his name wrong ?

So so does that mean they are now working on our case?!? *fingers crossed* ??

Timeline

You are a January filer and they are working on your case? I had a problem also I put my first name where my mothers name on the g325a and I called them & they told me to send them a letter to correct the minor mistake.. my noa1 is 1/25

Timeline
2 hours ago, LolaaBrett said:

You are a January filer and they are working on your case? I had a problem also I put my first name where my mothers name on the g325a and I called them & they told me to send them a letter to correct the minor mistake.. my noa1 is 1/25

I'm not sure! When I called USCIS to correct it they told me they would correct it when they started working on the case and I would get a notice in the mail for it. I don't know exactly how that would work...maybe someone comes and find the ones that need to be corrected and fix it, or they wait until they actually start working the case and correct it....I have no idea lol maybe someone else knows 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Klitt3rJ said:

I'm not sure! When I called USCIS to correct it they told me they would correct it when they started working on the case and I would get a notice in the mail for it. I don't know exactly how that would work...maybe someone comes and find the ones that need to be corrected and fix it, or they wait until they actually start working the case and correct it....I have no idea lol maybe someone else knows 

I looked at your timeline & see you also bringing your fiancé to NJ.. I'm from NY bringing my fiancé to NY.. you should be receiving your noa2 one week before me.. can't wait to finish this journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Klitt3rJ said:

The notice that they are talking about is the so-called Request for Evidence (RFE). When you get one of those, you will provide whatever corrections they need, and they will proceed with your case. Usually, they would send a RFE after they have thoroughly reviewed your application. And, once they get your response/correction they will likely approve your application, within a week usually. To learn more about RFEs:

http://www.visatutor.com/i-129f-request-for-evidence-rfe/

• 01/03/17 --- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
  • 01/04/17 --- Delivered at Dallas lockbox
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 text and email 
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 date on hard copy notice
  • 04/28/17 --- NOA2 notification
  • 05/16/17 --- NVC received date
  • 05/17/17 --  NVC case # 
  • 05/19/17 --  NVC file on transit
  • 05/22/17 --- Embassy Instructions via email
  • 06/20/17 --- Interview date

13 hours ago, PhotoJ89 said:

I Think August is very extreme unless your case is very complicated and your embassy is crazy.

If I understand correctly, after NoA2 maybe 2-3 weeks after you can set up interview. I think the earliest you can have the interview depends solely on the embassy. I think if it is a "High traffic" embassy, as in a country with a lot of people wanting to come to USA, you can expect a 1 month minimum wait before your interview. I think the lower traffic Embassies could be much, much shorter wait time. I could be wrong about that though

Edited by sbane12

Timeline
8 minutes ago, kasu06 said:

The notice that they are talking about is the so-called Request for Evidence (RFE). When you get one of those, you will provide whatever corrections they need, and they will proceed with your case. Usually, they would send a RFE after they have thoroughly reviewed your application. And, once they get your response/correction they will likely approve your application, within a week usually. To learn more about RFEs:

http://www.visatutor.com/i-129f-request-for-evidence-rfe/

I'm aware of the RFE.. however I called this morning and it was said "I should send them a letter with the correct name before they process my case" I refuse to wait four months for them to mail me the error I seen months before they review my case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, LolaaBrett said:

I'm aware of the RFE.. however I called this morning and it was said "I should send them a letter with the correct name before they process my case" I refuse to wait four months for them to mail me the error I seen months before they review my case

OK, I'm not sure, but it may be a good idea to be proactive like you're intending to do. It would be interesting to know how it works out for you. Good luck!

• 01/03/17 --- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
  • 01/04/17 --- Delivered at Dallas lockbox
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 text and email 
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 date on hard copy notice
  • 04/28/17 --- NOA2 notification
  • 05/16/17 --- NVC received date
  • 05/17/17 --  NVC case # 
  • 05/19/17 --  NVC file on transit
  • 05/22/17 --- Embassy Instructions via email
  • 06/20/17 --- Interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.