moekaroit

Citizen Now, Accused of Fraud

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello everyone 

after a long journey of immigration, I am winding up on this forum again with a problem of my own and need the help, caution! Its a big article lol 

I got married with my wife 4 years ago 

our meeting was arranged, this is how my culture is, back then i had a visiting visa to the USand i was visiting, i had no plans of immigrating to the usa back then, but because i was a bit loser with females, i called for an arranged meeting with a girl who was pretty much like me, just not experienced with the other sex, "blame to the culture" 

i met up with her at her parents house as they share the same family name as i do, we are not related but from the same village back home... I went out with the family and her to disney land and all the good stuff california had to to offer... i clicked with her, she was calm and funny and we decided to get engaged. 

I came back home and called her back because i missed her, she lived with me backhome for 5 months, thats where she didnt like life over there and decided to immigrate to the USA 

i wont go into more details about the marriage i will just say the vital steps in that marriage 

1- I filled out all the immigration documents required for my wife "she is slow" not trying to be mean but she doesnt want to know amything about them and she doesnt want to understand anything and she just throws everything on others "born and raised by beverely hills" to a rich family

2- I successfully moved to the USA a year after applying. Everyone warned me from living in CA due to life expenses, my parents had bought a house in Michigan and they offered that i can live in the house with her as soon as we successfully make the wedding " my culture, we can get married religiously and still not move in together until the wedding happens" so after we fixed the house and made it ready for marriage, we did a very small wedding "Financially cant afford as me and my parents just paid 15k to furnish the house and buy the essentials" as well as my parents gift which is a 10k fully paid leased car. 

3-we moved in 8 months after my green card was accepted and we started to build our life together... days started passing and oooops ! The arranged marriage problems started floating 

we started to discover how distant in our heart we are, we started to discover diffrences in thinking and diffrence in life styles and started clashing less than a year after moving in... 

we started to pick on each other and fight each other over the little things, i am not angel and we were both not doing great 

the biggest thing that made me angry and distant is how at any fight she starts accusing me of marriage fraud, how she tells me you tricked me, you married me for papers, and all the low stuff that can be said. She became a bum, doesnt want to work because she comes from a culture where a man should provide for a woman. I complained to my family asking for advice, and they said its normal for couple for the first few months of their life to clash, be patient and be lineant as a man, make her fall in love with you, i took her to new york for a vacation, i got us a second car, my parents kept helpin providing for me, and helped paying with us, 

4- things started to clash even worse with time and after 2 years of marriage I petitioned to remove conditions and was approved. We have everything joint, taxes, bills, bank accounts. Car insurance, and i was paying for all this not her. She gets money wverynow and then from her parents as gifts, she buys me gifts on occasions, but i spend money on my self more than her, i buy myself stuff more than her " my hard earned money" and when this happens, she opens up and accuses me of tricking her and taking her for papers. 

5- i dont want kids from her now, she is irresponsible as well as i am, we cant handle credit cards, we dont control spending, we are in 45k debt on credit cards and student loans for our fun and fantasies... if i bring a kid now he will suffer like we are now! She accuses me of domestic violence which i only yell as well as she does, she turns ghetto in public and i got her recorded twoce doing it. I was naturlized 6 months ago, i thougjt maybe after i become an American she will accept the fact that i am still with her and she will stop accusing me. But accusations went further to sleeping with other women and marrying another woman! Knowing that i cant even provide for one lady to have another one !!! Not that i am willing to cheat! But because of the clash we had together... i spent sometimes with friends, both males and females! To try to relax and able to make the right decisions, no one likes her and she makes everyone hates her and she fights with everyone! And she wants me to fight with everyone otherwise she will accuse me of cheating! I promise i never did! She is just insecure about her self and she wants a puppet husband... i never divorced her because no matter what happens l, when she visits her family i miss her, i do like her and like being around her, she has been my wife for 4 years after all! 

i took religious counseling "culture demand" and was wronged in things and started workig on them, but she refused to get that! I lost my job because i cant sleep from fighting 

i have said my story to you guys, now i am lost! 

The police were called on us a month ago because we were fighting... she broke my ps4 and my perfume while i broke her make up set

we got outbof control and we broke our stuff 

this marriage jas collapsed, and since that police visit, we are like siblings, we barely talk, we barely spend time together, we barely have fun... our sexual life stopped long time ago, its for personal reasons i cant disclose, but now all of our marriage is done, i am scared of her reactions as she is scared of mine, we both didnt handle our situations the right way. And now even if a small argument pops up, she threatens to take my naturlization from me. 

Should i just live with her like this? I established my life here, i got the american dream, should i just let her take my citizenship from me or what? 

Can she accuse me of fraud just because we didnt work out? 

Breas my heart talking about it! But i am diagnosed with anxiety because of this marriage 

Sorry for the long question

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Sorry about your troubles.

As long as everything was properly filed you have fulfilled all of your legal obligations for naturalization.  It is not something that an angry spouse can take away from you.

Remind her that your naturalization lifts her responsibility for the affidavit of support and that if things do not work out you both have equal right to move on with your lives.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

there is nothing she can do, divorce and move on, she no longer is responsible for you since you became a USC, so the affidavit of support is no longer enforceable

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Sorry about your troubles.

As long as everything was properly filed you have fulfilled all of your legal obligations for naturalization.  It is not something that an angry spouse can take away from you.

Remind her that your naturalization lifts her responsibility for the affidavit of support and that if things do not work out you both have equal right to move on with your lives.

So even though she might accuse of domestic violence and get family to side with her wouldnt make it legit? 

Actually does even domestic violence proves fake marriage? I think the police coming to the house seeing us together fighting shows that we were legit not faking anything right? 

People scare me of domestic violence specially i am from an ethnicity known for this ... 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, aleful said:

hi

there is nothing she can do, divorce and move on, she no longer is responsible for you since you became a USC, so the affidavit of support is no longer enforceable

So she tells me that i will tell USCIS thst u paid everything for me and u didnt take money from me that means you were fake

can she use that against me? 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, moekaroit said:

So even though she might accuse of domestic violence and get family to side with her wouldnt make it legit? 

Actually does even domestic violence proves fake marriage? I think the police coming to the house seeing us together fighting shows that we were legit not faking anything right? 

People scare me of domestic violence specially i am from an ethnicity known for this ... 

You need to stay away from fighting with her or even the appearance of fighting with her for both of your sake but from a citizenship standpoint (IF) you are charged with domestic violence you'll go through and be treated in the court system just like any other citizen.  The two have nothing to do with one another.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, moekaroit said:

So she tells me that i will tell USCIS thst u paid everything for me and u didnt take money from me that means you were fake

can she use that against me? 

There is NOTHING, ZERO that she can do that can affect your citizenship.  It does not matter who paid what but it's funny that if she took money from you for you to get citizenship she's the one guilty of the crime (laughing).  She might be smart to shut up and move on if that is what happened (I do not believe that but if she walks in and says that she's actually the one who committed the crime, not you)

Sorry dude but your wife does not sound like the sharpest tool in the shed if you know what I mean. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

There is NOTHING, ZERO that she can do that can affect your citizenship.  It does not matter who paid what but it's funny that if she took money from you for you to get citizenship she's the one guilty of the crime (laughing).  She might be smart to shut up and move on if that is what happened (I do not believe that but if she walks in and says that she's actually the one who committed the crime, not you)

Sorry dude but your wife does not sound like the sharpest tool in the shed if you know what I mean. 

No what I meant is she tells them 

my husband used to pay for everything and never charges me for anything, so he probably wanted me for something

the truth is that i paid everything because she is a dumb bum 

----------racial remark removed------------

she doesnt work in walmart or macdonalds

sbe is 25 yesrs old and has no job experience whatsoever 

I am done with her this marriage is going no where ! 

Edited by Ban Hammer
racist remark removed

Timeline
4 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

You need to stay away from fighting with her or even the appearance of fighting with her for both of your sake but from a citizenship standpoint (IF) you are charged with domestic violence you'll go through and be treated in the court system just like any other citizen.  The two have nothing to do with one another.

So unless there is nothing that was fraudelant as in filing papers or lying to the governent 

there is nothing she can say or do? 

When she goes to divorce court, does the court care about immigration issues or the court is only specific for anything related to the marriage only? 

Us not having kids, is that bad? 

Timeline
10 hours ago, moekaroit said:

No what I meant is she tells them 

my husband used to pay for everything and never charges me for anything, so he probably wanted me for something

the truth is that i paid everything because she is a dumb bum 

-------racial remark removed---------

she doesnt work in walmart or macdonalds

sbe is 25 yesrs old and has no job experience whatsoever 

I am done with her this marriage is going no where ! 

Nothing she can do dude.  

Relax, keep your temper in check and your hands to yourself, and figure out where to go from here. Good luck!

Edited by Ban Hammer
racist remark removed

Timeline
14 minutes ago, moekaroit said:

So unless there is nothing that was fraudelant as in filing papers or lying to the governent 

there is nothing she can say or do? 

When she goes to divorce court, does the court care about immigration issues or the court is only specific for anything related to the marriage only? 

Us not having kids, is that bad? 

In your situation not having kids is the best thing that could have happened to you guys.

The court is in no way, shape, or form involved in immigration or immigration issues.  They're going to ask you to divide your assets, sit through the waiting period, and grant you divorce. Absent child custody issues it will be clean and final.

Again, once you decide to go through with it dont bother her, call her, talk to her, go anywhere she is, threaten her, or argue with her.  Just get your things together and go.  If you need to communicate, tell your lawyer.  Thats what they're for.  Leave the girl completely alone and you wont be in a situation where she can accuse you of harassment or DV.  You slip up one time, get in a fight, lose your temper, and she's got you.  Protect yourself by doing absolutely nothing and being out of sight.  Dont take her calls, dont meet, dont be in the same place at the same time ever.

Again, good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Try to understand this: you are now a US citizen. You have NOT committed fraud. Therefore there is absolutely nothing your wife can do to get you in trouble with USCIS.

Your USC status no longer has anything to with her or your marriage. You are done with USCIS.

Edited by EM_Vandaveer

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

She cannot take your naturalization away from you. Period. End of story. Divorce and move on, you deserve to be happy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.