dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
16 minutes ago, HUMAYUN JAWAID said:

is scan date is the date when the docs u sent actually starts processing in nvc system?

Yes, in your case that would be November 17.  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Please oh please oh please let this be our week!! Let's keep all the good vibes flowing from last week! Good luck everyone :)

Scan Date - November 14th

Supervisor Review - December 23rd

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

15 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Please oh please oh please let this be our week!! Let's keep all the good vibes flowing from last week! Good luck everyone :)

I hope this week will be for all of you still waiting for cases complete ... Have a good day. 

47 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Praying for you guys!  This is your week!!

Guys who are waiting for their CC's keep your head up. I know how frustrating it is and how depressing it can get. Hopefully this week more cc's like last week. 

19 minutes ago, celticfc25 said:

Anyone got a interview date yet ??

Still waiting.  CC on 1/11.  I just called them and they said they were still scheduling February interviews.  Hoping we all get one. 

Someone here (I don't remember who) called NVC the other day and was told anyone who got cc on 1/12 or earlier should get February interview.

8 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

Dang, I feel for you and can totally relate to the pain your feeling.   Personally I'm sick of this process.  They (NVC) lose documents, I wait 6 weeks (or more) while they decide to review the documents I had to resend.  I send 3 one-page documents to respond to their checklist and gotta wait in line again for 6-10 weeks (scan date 11/28 - so I'm working on 7+ weeks now).  They seriously gotta find a better way to do this.   USCIS took 6+ months to review my case, NVC is now working on 9 months.  Seriously......  My wife is from Japan - - a country that is very friendly with the US and we've been married 16 YEARS not 16 days.... damnit....this process should be FAR faster for those with long established relationships.

I totally agree, my husband and I have been married 12 yrs this sept and it's taking far too long, we have 2 children between us and I cannot see our oldest boy and he cannot see our youngest boy...  they need to hurry the hell up!!

Edited by aidensbubba

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has anyone had a expedited case and if so does the embassy send you a list of things to bring or let you know if you are missing anything before you go to your appointment?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

FYI: If you get an RFE, call the NVC and clarify... even if it seems simple!

I was missing pages 10-12 of the AOS (blank form pages). So I mailed in those 3 blank form pages. But it turns out that as the AOS is considered a legal document, I needed to mail in ALL 12 pages again with an updated page 9 (date and signature). My congressman office actually informed me of this, and if they hadn't I would have waited another 6 weeks only to get another checklist.

US Citizen Filing for Spouse - Married since January 2009, 2 Children

IR1 Visa - US Citizen living abroad, not DCF, Re-establishing Domicile, Joint Sponsor

12.April.2016 Filed I-130

22.June.2016 NOA1 (they entered my address incorrectly, therefore was not delivered until JULY)

07.Sept.2016 I-130 approved

07.Oct.2017 NVC welcome letter received

10.Nov.2016 Complete DS-261

10.Nov.2016 Payed AOS/IV Bill

19.Nov.2016 Complete DS-260

26.Nov.2016 Mailed AOS/IV Packet to NVC

29.Nov.2016 AOS/IV Packet Delivered to NVC

01. Dec.2016 Scan Date
13.Jan.2017 Checklist for  I-864 pages 10-12 BLANK FORM PAGES
02.Feb.2017 2nd Scan Date

14.April.2017 Case Complete (CC at exactly 10 weeks)

04.May.2017 Interview date scheduled/received email from NVC

10.May.2017 Medical
01.June.2017 Interview - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, aidensbubba said:

I totally agree, my husband and I have been married 12 yrs this sept and it's taking far too long, we have 2 children between us and I cannot see our oldest boy and he cannot see our youngest boy...  they need to hurry the hell up!!

Ouch, I understand that pain.  I cannot see my daughter and my wife cannot see my son on a daily basis. Hope this hell is over for both of us soon.   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Guys! First time poster but excited to finally have what we think is good news. Just logged in to the CEAC site and saw the 3 N/As, trying to get someone from the NVC on the line but they have their Front End Message saying no one's available and it hangs up. Fingers crossed that we're finally moving forward with our case after what feels like too long. 

Scan Date - November 15th

Supervisor Review - December 27th

Case Complete - 01/17?!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 minute ago, taykay said:

Hi Guys! First time poster but excited to finally have what we think is good news. Just logged in to the CEAC site and saw the 3 N/As, trying to get someone from the NVC on the line but they have their Front End Message saying no one's available and it hangs up. Fingers crossed that we're finally moving forward with our case after what feels like too long. 

Case Complete - 01/17?!

Congratulations!  Yes, it's either the phone hangs up, or its over a 30 minute wait...

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

37 minutes ago, taykay said:

Case Complete - 01/17?!

Congratulations!! I hope that means mine is coming very soon (scan date November 14th, beneficiary country also Mexico).

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

I've had it with NVC. My wife passport or actually a travel document is hand written travel document. Her type of travel document gets extension for validity on the same travel document. The original travel document was issue in 2009 for 5 years, so in 2014 we got it renewal and it was stamped for renewal on a different page. When the NVC reviewed everything in my package everything was perfect, except the validity they couldn't figure out it's on the following page of the regular passport. They sent me a REF requesting a valid passport. I have been on the phone with NVC for two days. I explained to them the situation and where they could find the validity date. They put my case for a supervisor review which will take up to another 6 week because he or she didn't flip the darn page to read it. I contacted my senator's office and they're also following up on it. I don't understand if the NVC agent are not capable of handling all types of travel documents, passports and other international documents, why the hell are they working there??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.