dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2017

270 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sizzy and Terry said:

Yeah. "My resume" and "my transcripts" were mentioned on the white 221g slip. I don't know how this concerns my relationship with my wife. I submitted those docs on the very next day.

You don't need to just prove your realtionship you need to prove you can support both of you and not become a ward of state. Not to become homeless.

This only makes sense and is a requirement for most countries.

Met 6/21/15 Online

Married since February 29th 2016 In the Netherlands (Where she is from)

6/12/16 - Preparing to send packet to USCIS

6/27/16 - Sent Package to Chicago lock-box via UPS

7/5/16 - NOA1 Text/Email / sent to Potomac (Hardcopy 7/10/16)

8/3/16 - NOA 2 I-130 Approved! Case sent to NVC! (Hardcopy 8/6/16)

8/19/16 to 9/4/16 - Visited wife for two weeks in NL. =}

9/1/16 - NVC Case and invoice # received. (Email) Finished DS260 and Paid AOS Fee.

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

9/16/16 - DS260 Finished!

9/27/16 - Sent Documents to NVC.

11/21/16 - Called NVC. Case reviewed and accepted on 11/18. Waiting for email/mail.

11/28/16 - Got Email stating we are now waiting for an interview spot!

12/11/16 - Got the interview date! 1/12/17!

1/12/17 - ...ACCEPTED SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER PASSPORT IN THE MAIL! =]

1/18/17 - Passport and visa in her hands! We now wait till 2/24 for her to fly to me! (Has to finish work contract)

2/24/17 - She is now here with me! POE was simple,she only took 10 minutes with them checking her visa! "Welcome to America,missus"

3/15/17 - SSN Card Received.

4/10/17 - Greencard Received.

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

11/26/18 - I-751 Prepared and mailed out.

11/27/18 - UPS Confirmed Delivery at 10:30AM

12/3/18 - Checks cashed and got Email/Text With Receipt #

01/3/19 - Extension letter received.

1 minute ago, MrChamploo said:

You don't need to just prove your realtionship you need to prove you can support both of you and not become a ward of state. Not to become homeless.

This only makes sense and is a requirement for most countries.

Well, i am an engineer and a good one, I stated that clearly on my DS-260 and if that was the case, then why go through the trouble of having a financial sponsor since the immigrant can not be eligible for financial aid or stuff like that until he/she becomes a citizen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I miss feeling very frustrated with NVC. My case was complete December 28,2016. And I wasn't born sheduled for an interview in February which i should of. Now it seems I'm going to get interview scheduled for march like most CC completed once January. 

36 minutes ago, Sizzy and Terry said:

Well, i am an engineer and a good one, I stated that clearly on my DS-260 and if that was the case, then why go through the trouble of having a financial sponsor since the immigrant can not be eligible for financial aid or stuff like that until he/she becomes a citizen.

Props on being an engineer that always sounds cool when someone says that.

It could be possible they just wanna be sure. Maybe something was hard to read or it ripped. 

We brought the transcripts (and everything I ever sent to the usisc and NVC) to the interview and they took the ones we brought and the ones I sent in.

I really think sometimes they need more.

Im assuming they already had your tax transcripts from before when you sent it to the NVC?

Met 6/21/15 Online

9/1/16 - NVC Case and invoice # received. (Email) Finished DS260 and Paid AOS Fee.

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

11/21/16 - Called NVC. Case reviewed and accepted on 11/18. Waiting for email/mail.

1/18/17 - Passport and visa in her hands! We now wait till 2/24 for her to fly to me! (Has to finish work contract)

2/24/17 - She is now here with me! POE was simple,she only took 10 minutes with them checking her visa! "Welcome to America,missus"

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

20 minutes ago, aditi2016 said:

I miss feeling very frustrated with NVC. My case was complete December 28,2016. And I wasn't born sheduled for an interview in February which i should of. Now it seems I'm going to get interview scheduled for march like most CC completed once January. 

"You miss feeling very frustrated with NVC" ?

In my case,  i definitely won't miss this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MrChamploo said:

Props on being an engineer that always sounds cool when someone says that.

It could be possible they just wanna be sure. Maybe something was hard to read or it ripped. 

We brought the transcripts (and everything I ever sent to the usisc and NVC) to the interview and they took the ones we brought and the ones I sent in.

I really think sometimes they need more.

Im assuming they already had your tax transcripts from before when you sent it to the NVC?

Maybe I am missing something - I thought he meant school transcripts.  @MrChamploo did they ask you to bring your resume to the interview?

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sizzy and Terry said:

Yeah. "My resume" and "my transcripts" were mentioned on the white 221g slip. I don't know how this concerns my relationship with my wife. I submitted those docs on the very next day.

You're coming from Pakistan.  As you mentioned in a later post you mentioned you're an engineer.  You've most likely triggered an extra security check step to make sure you're not in a sensitive profession.  That's why they want your CV.  Also your salary/ability to support yourself is not relevant as the beneficiary...it all comes down to the petitioner making the minimum income.  

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AstroCanada said:

You're coming from Pakistan.  As you mentioned in a later post you mentioned you're an engineer.  You've most likely triggered an extra security check step to make sure you're not in a sensitive profession.  That's why they want your CV.  Also your salary/ability to support yourself is not relevant as the beneficiary...it all comes down to the petitioner making the minimum income.  

This is also my understanding.  Studying "chemistry" is another red flag.

Maybe I was mistaken and looked at it in reverse of who was posting the petioner or the applicant. 

If it was indeed school transcripts and resume then yes they are digging deeper into you and what you do.

Once agian they check for three things in this visa.

1. A real realtionship (no fraud).

2. Enough income to support.

3. Security.

Things they ask for can be for any one of these things.

Met 6/21/15 Online

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

btw i am not into chemistry or stuff like that i am an industrial engineer and it is what you say the least "suspicious" field of engineering :) . It's just the frustration that is killing me over here.

11 minutes ago, parthptl said:

I can't click on my Third N/A it's greyed out! Does that mean I got assigned an interview date?? :D:D:D:D:D

Good attention to details. I just noticed mine the same way too and I'm on hold with NVC to confirm your statement.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, parthptl said:

I can't click on my Third N/A it's greyed out! Does that mean I got assigned an interview date?? :D:D:D:D:D

I saw someone posted that it changes back to "PAID" but not sure.  Better to call and confirm.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.