Kosi Wahala

I-130 December 2016 Filers

1,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hey all, some advice please

Our PD is Dec 16th, our timeline estimates NOA2 end of July, I know after that it could take 11wks with NVC. But we are planning a trip back to the states so he can meet my parents (am pregnant and would really like them to meet my husband before they meet the grandchild ;) ) on August 2nd till end of Dec. So we "should" be at NVC stage during that time. 

Here is the question, does NVC need anything like the police report or medical report etc or only things like extra evidence/the financial support forms and of course more fees? 

Wondering if we should get the police report and that done before we go just in case. Am assuming, if all goes according to plan our interview should be in Jan or Feb (depending on the wait time at the embassy here in Macedonia). 

Thoughts? Also what are the forms / info we need after USCIS moves the application on, have looked it up but am confused at what is needed, this is what I think from what I have read:

-financial support forms from me and my folks

-2x fees (which I believe i have to pay online as the embassy doesn't have email filing)

-the medical report (for interview stage?)

-police report (for interview?) 

thanks so much

K&D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
8 hours ago, sherick said:

hello,any body here on potomac service center that's still waiting for their approval? my husband filed the i-130 for me and my daughter last dec.22 ,they received it on dec.28 2016,and we haven't heard anything until now?? 

I am still waiting.... you need to join the other group.

On 6/28/2017 at 9:11 AM, Daneandkathy said:

Hey all, some advice please

Our PD is Dec 16th, our timeline estimates NOA2 end of July, I know after that it could take 11wks with NVC. But we are planning a trip back to the states so he can meet my parents (am pregnant and would really like them to meet my husband before they meet the grandchild ;) ) on August 2nd till end of Dec. So we "should" be at NVC stage during that time. 

Here is the question, does NVC need anything like the police report or medical report etc or only things like extra evidence/the financial support forms and of course more fees? 

Wondering if we should get the police report and that done before we go just in case. Am assuming, if all goes according to plan our interview should be in Jan or Feb (depending on the wait time at the embassy here in Macedonia). 

Thoughts? Also what are the forms / info we need after USCIS moves the application on, have looked it up but am confused at what is needed, this is what I think from what I have read:

-financial support forms from me and my folks

-2x fees (which I believe i have to pay online as the embassy doesn't have email filing)

-the medical report (for interview stage?)

-police report (for interview?) 

thanks so much

K&D

I am awaiting my NOA2 but, I have been reading the following in preparation of NVC process:

Content    Link
Overview   http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process
Shortcuts   http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut  
Children    http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/IR-2_(and_CR-2)_Visas
Flowchart   http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf
How to avoid checklists   http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/637954-tips-how-to-avoid-a-nvc-checklist/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I’m still waiting for my NOA2 also my PD is 12/27 from Potomac.  Jordan ambessy.  It’s making me anxious that has been over 6 months 😭.  Why am I seeing post the NVC is taking 11 weeks!  I thought it was only 4?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

@Sharif Shakhshir thank you so much this is great information. Do you know if you need anything like the police report for NVC, it is still confusing me for what stage you need that. 

thanks again

K&D 

Filed: Other Timeline
37 minutes ago, Catherine said:

I’m still waiting for my NOA2 also my PD is 12/27 from Potomac.  Jordan ambessy.  It’s making me anxious that has been over 6 months 😭.  Why am I seeing post the NVC is taking 11 weeks!  I thought it was only 4?

Current case review time Please allow up to 11 weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. 

Per the page below:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Just an update.

My PD is 12/12 and I am over 6 months at Nebraska Serivce Center, which is currently taking 7-9 months to adjudicate cases. I thought I would be proactive and write my senator to see if she could help. That was a couple weeks ago. I just called to check the status and was told that immigration as a whole is backlogged. They reiceved my request for assistance and reached out to USCIS 6/20. However, because of the backlog it usually takes USCIS about 6-8 weeks to respond :wacko:...well that was a waste of printer ink, paper and a stamp lol. 

Just putting this info out there in case anyone else was thinking of asking their congressman/woman or senator to help. Still a waiting game. 

45 minutes ago, August97 said:

Just an update.

My PD is 12/12 and I am over 6 months at Nebraska Serivce Center, which is currently taking 7-9 months to adjudicate cases. I thought I would be proactive and write my senator to see if she could help. That was a couple weeks ago. I just called to check the status and was told that immigration as a whole is backlogged. They reiceved my request for assistance and reached out to USCIS 6/20. However, because of the backlog it usually takes USCIS about 6-8 weeks to respond :wacko:...well that was a waste of printer ink, paper and a stamp lol. 

Just putting this info out there in case anyone else was thinking of asking their congressman/woman or senator to help. Still a waiting game. 

Sorry to hear the discouraging news, but it was worth a try! Hang in there!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

1 hour ago, Mary Lou said:

Sorry to hear the discouraging news, but it was worth a try! Hang in there!

Someone posted on another post they were told inquiries push the case back by 60 days. I freaked out and called USCIS. I was told that is not true and the officer explained the process to me. I was about to go nuts. I'm hanging...on my way now to the gym to work off some of the stress lol. 

24 minutes ago, August97 said:

Someone posted on another post they were told inquiries push the case back by 60 days. I freaked out and called USCIS. I was told that is not true and the officer explained the process to me. I was about to go nuts. I'm hanging...on my way now to the gym to work off some of the stress lol. 

Yikes!! i would have freaked out also!! Crazy as it sounds, even though we got our NOA2, Welcome Email to NVC, i filled out choice of agent, i feel very stressed yet. 

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Posts merged with existing thread.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.