Kosi Wahala

I-130 December 2016 Filers

1,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

hey all soo we have some news, we just found out we are pregnant! 

Any thoughts of things that I need to do if it affects the visa process? We live together in Macedonia, I am the USC. 

Thank all

K&D

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Any thoughts of things that I need to do if it affects the visa process? We live together in Macedonia, I am the USC. 

Thank all

K&D

CONGRATS!!! 

Sorry I am unable to answer your question but, I just wanted to say congratulations :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Thank all

K&D

It won't have any affect on your petition, or the process. Just make certain, if you are still in Macedonia when the baby is born (I would doubt you will be, depending on your due date), to register his or her birth with the U.S. Embassy.

CR-1 Visa

Married in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria on 29 September 2016 - Civil Marriage
** USCIS **

Service Center: Potomac

Consulate : Lagos, Nigeria 

I-130 Sent: 2016-12-03

I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2016-12-05

I-130 NOA1: 2016-12-08

Oko mi was baptized, confirmed, and received into the Catholic Church in Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-15 at the Easter Vigil Mass!

Marriage Convalidated in the Catholic Church, Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-16 Easter Morning! 

I-130 Approved : 2017-05-19

** NVC **

NVC Received : 2017-06-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-06-15
Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 2017-06-21

Pay AOS Bill: 2017-06-21
Receive IV Bill : 2017-06-23
Pay IV Bill : 2017-06-23

Receive I-864 Package : 2017-06-28

Send AOS Package : 2017-07-01

Submit DS-261 :  2017-06-21

Send IV Package : 2017-07-01
Scan Date: 2017-07-07

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2017-09-30

Case Completed at NVC : 2017-09-01

----------------------------

Interview Date : 2017-11-22

Interview Result : Approved! Thanks be to God!

Visa Received : 2017-11-27
US Entry : 2017-12-08 Atlanta

Timeline

@Kosi Wahala thanks for the info. Since his interview is most likely going to be right before the birth and since it is about a tenth of the cost to have the baby at the private european hospital in Skopje, we are planning to have the baby here. 

I have already had a look at what is needed to get passport, ss# and register the birth... 

Hopefully they will take that as ultimate proof of relationship ;) hahahahahha

K&D

Timeline

Out of curiosity does anyone know the guestimate time once we are actually approved and sent to NVC? I think we have to get a bunch of new paperwork (like the financial sponsorship forms), add any extra info we have, and pay a couple more fees, and then they process that and pass it to the embassy for the interview. But any ideas on how long that might take, and I am guessing interview times vary depending on the embassy right? 

Thanks, just a random thought this morning

K&D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

Out of curiosity does anyone know the guestimate time once we are actually approved and sent to NVC? I think we have to get a bunch of new paperwork (like the financial sponsorship forms), add any extra info we have, and pay a couple more fees, and then they process that and pass it to the embassy for the interview. But any ideas on how long that might take, and I am guessing interview times vary depending on the embassy right? 

K&D

If you are going through an embassy that does not allow email filing, then you will have to pay your fees online, and mail your forms to the NVC. The process can take 11 weeks. 

CR-1 Visa

Married in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria on 29 September 2016 - Civil Marriage
** USCIS **

Service Center: Potomac

Consulate : Lagos, Nigeria 

I-130 Sent: 2016-12-03

I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2016-12-05

I-130 NOA1: 2016-12-08

Oko mi was baptized, confirmed, and received into the Catholic Church in Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-15 at the Easter Vigil Mass!

Marriage Convalidated in the Catholic Church, Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-16 Easter Morning! 

I-130 Approved : 2017-05-19

** NVC **

NVC Received : 2017-06-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-06-15
Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 2017-06-21

Pay AOS Bill: 2017-06-21
Receive IV Bill : 2017-06-23
Pay IV Bill : 2017-06-23

Receive I-864 Package : 2017-06-28

Send AOS Package : 2017-07-01

Submit DS-261 :  2017-06-21

Send IV Package : 2017-07-01
Scan Date: 2017-07-07

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2017-09-30

Case Completed at NVC : 2017-09-01

----------------------------

Interview Date : 2017-11-22

Interview Result : Approved! Thanks be to God!

Visa Received : 2017-11-27
US Entry : 2017-12-08 Atlanta

4 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

K&D

From personal experience, the NVC received our application after nearly 4 weeks. Once we are able to pay the fees and send in our application it takes up to and quite often 11 weeks. If no RFEs then they schedule the interview and you're right, it's dependent on the embassy :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sharif Shakhshir said:

Are some / any of you December filers getting NOA2 approvals?  If so, how long ago was your NOA1?

Thanks and best of luck!

My NOA1 notice date is Dec 1st. Still haven't got NOA2 yet. I am hoping to get it sooner like in few days or so tho.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, MrHanky said:

I'm Nebraska/Mexico too, PD 12/23

Did you see a lot?

I'm not expecting to hear anything until sometime in July.

Hopefully they transferred people to speed things up.

i am so sorry i just saw this message i did see alot from November 1st / 27th being approved from Nebraska Center. this application is a big Hope for every one on here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, From Tx said:

i am so sorry i just saw this message i did see alot from November 1st / 27th being approved from Nebraska Center. this application is a big Hope for every one on here.

NOA1 on Dec 1st.

Service center is Nebraska.

Waiting for NOA2.

It's Been more than 6 months.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, johhnie said:

NOA1 on Dec 1st.

Waiting for NOA2.

NOA1 December 14/ Service Center is Nebraska still waiting on my NOA2. pretty sure you should be receiving yours this month good luck to all.:D

Filed: Other Timeline
9 minutes ago, From Tx said:

NOA1 December 14/ Service Center is Nebraska still waiting on my NOA2. pretty sure you should be receiving yours this month good luck to all.:D

16 minutes ago, johhnie said:

NOA1 on Dec 1st.

Waiting for NOA2.

PD Dec 12 also Nebraska. I am hoping on an approval soon. Will be 6 months on the 12th. Nebraska is behind. On average looks like anywhere from 7-9 months for approval. I follow the November thread and have seen some approvals with PDs through Nov 9, and there was a couple late Nov. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I go and check "November I-130 filers" thread just as often as I check this one just to kind of gauge where we are in the process as far as time goes. 

It seems as though they've started approving a lot of cases from those who received NOA1 in the first week of Nov, with approvals of random cases outside of that timeframe sprinkled in. 

Solely judging off of where they are(I know there are other factors) I would say we are a month to a month and a half away from seeing the majority of our cases get approved 😳.... If any earlier,  it'll be a blessing. 

hang in there guys!!!

NOA1 Dec 9th...Nebraska 😑

Edited by Smuva & T

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.