Kosi Wahala

I-130 December 2016 Filers

1,031 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Doug and Silke said:

Craziest thing..  We were able to use CEAC uploading due to Frankfurt being our consulate. Got a case number at NVC on the 11th of May.  Uploaded all documents by the 24th..  Got sent to Consulate the next day.. and the next day had an interview date of June 20th and it just so happens I had booked a trip to Germany in January from the 15th to the 4th of July..  So.. from Dec 6th to June 20th.. Interview. I am shocked..

Congrats on fast process and best of luck in the interview :-)

Any tips on things that you think sped up the process?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hey all

Our PD is Dec 16, so going on 5.5mths now.... 

My husband just got approved for a tourist visa so we can finally go and meet the parents, he was issued a 10yr tourist visa.... in the paperwork it says the duration of stay is determined by the immigration officer at entrance. Does anyone know if the max time allowed per trip is 3 or 6mths. We are thinking of going for 5mths. 

THanks all and good luck

K&D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Hey all

My husband just got approved for a tourist visa so we can finally go and meet the parents, he was issued a 10yr tourist visa.... in the paperwork it says the duration of stay is determined by the immigration officer at entrance. Does anyone know if the max time allowed per trip is 3 or 6mths. We are thinking of going for 5mths. 

THanks all and good luck

K&D

I've only known of 3 months, but I guess its possible some countries could have more.

Keep in mind they'll see you have a case in progress so just ensure he can show ties to home or he could be turned away.

This is usually showing you have a job, and other things to go back too.

There's a pinned threat on this in the main forum, be sure to check details there so there's no surprises.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

18 minutes ago, MrHanky said:

I've only known of 3 months, but I guess its possible some countries could have more.

Keep in mind they'll see you have a case in progress so just ensure he can show ties to home or he could be turned away.

This is usually showing you have a job, and other things to go back too.

There's a pinned threat on this in the main forum, be sure to check details there so there's no surprises.

Yes, I too have explored the same option and called US Customs and Border Protection (management for the immigration officers at the airport).  I explained the situation that my wife has a B1 B2 Visa and also a I-130 application and process. The agent I spoke to repeatedly said that it is not advisable for my wife to attempt entry at this time and that she would likely be turned away.

I'm sorry, but trying to prevent further heartbreak if he is denied at immigration 😣

Timeline

Thanks for the advice guys, we are concerned it is only 3mths as well, but a travel agent from here goes to the US for summer every year and stay for 4-5mths... so who knows. Will keep looking into it. So strange that they don't even give you an idea on the information they provide with the visa, only that duration is decided at port of entry. 

I know there is always a chance he will be denied, but we need to go home to help my mom, she has MS, while my dad is on a long business trip and I cna't do it alone anymore. 

K&D

21 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Thanks for the advice guys, we are concerned it is only 3mths as well, but a travel agent from here goes to the US for summer every year and stay for 4-5mths... so who knows. Will keep looking into it. So strange that they don't even give you an idea on the information they provide with the visa, only that duration is decided at port of entry. 

I know there is always a chance he will be denied, but we need to go home to help my mom, she has MS, while my dad is on a long business trip and I cna't do it alone anymore. 

K&D

Sorry about your mom...    Information to consider

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/just-married-us-citizen-the-us-can-i-travel-b-2-before-filing-adjust-status.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

Hey all

THanks all and good luck

K&D

Wait..we can apply for tourist visa While we wait for the NOA2???? 

1 minute ago, Mrs. Feurtado said:

Not recommended by US Customs and Border Patrol.. further, it can jeopardize the whole process.... 

We're all in the same boat and want to be with our loved ones but when the immigration officer says they don't recommend since they will question intent, it is not worth the risk.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mrs. Feurtado said:

It is highly unlikely that a tourist visa would be approved. To get a tourist visa one has to prove that they have strong ties to their home country, and no intent to immigrate.

That you have petitioned for immigration shows that there is an intent to immigrate, and the ties the the United States are stronger than to the home country.

You can try, if you like. But, I wouldn't recommend wasting your money.

CR-1 Visa

Married in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria on 29 September 2016 - Civil Marriage
** USCIS **

Service Center: Potomac

Consulate : Lagos, Nigeria 

I-130 Sent: 2016-12-03

I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2016-12-05

I-130 NOA1: 2016-12-08

Oko mi was baptized, confirmed, and received into the Catholic Church in Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-15 at the Easter Vigil Mass!

Marriage Convalidated in the Catholic Church, Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-16 Easter Morning! 

I-130 Approved : 2017-05-19

** NVC **

NVC Received : 2017-06-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-06-15
Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 2017-06-21

Pay AOS Bill: 2017-06-21
Receive IV Bill : 2017-06-23
Pay IV Bill : 2017-06-23

Receive I-864 Package : 2017-06-28

Send AOS Package : 2017-07-01

Submit DS-261 :  2017-06-21

Send IV Package : 2017-07-01
Scan Date: 2017-07-07

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2017-09-30

Case Completed at NVC : 2017-09-01

----------------------------

Interview Date : 2017-11-22

Interview Result : Approved! Thanks be to God!

Visa Received : 2017-11-27
US Entry : 2017-12-08 Atlanta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sharif Shakhshir said:

Not recommended by US Customs and Border Patrol.. further, it can jeopardize the whole process.... 

We're all in the same boat and want to be with our loved ones but when the immigration officer says they don't recommend since they will question intent, it is not worth the risk.

Ok (teardrop) :-(

Timeline

we got the visa no problem, and a ten year visa, my husband is from Macedonia and getting a tourist visa is really difficult to begin with so we were lucky. 

We know there is a chance border control will deny it, always a chance, but we are giving it a shot. I live with my husband in Macedonia so will be with him going through customs. We are building a house here in Macedonia, he has a job and proof of it and we have family here... so hopefully that is enough. Also we have an actual reason to return home, my mom has MS and I am usually her caregiver when I am home, my dad has a long business trip coming up so we are going home for a few months to help her (we have a letter from the doctor stating her condition and my need to be there to help her). 

Only one way to find out....

K&D

32 minutes ago, Mrs. Feurtado said:

Ok (teardrop) :-(

I am going to call again today.... maybe I will get a different answer.  We should all call and see what the predominant answers are.  If, however, we all get the same recommendation (don't travel while I-130 is in process and prior to interview) then we just have to be patient (and frustrated).

https://www.cbp.gov/contact

877-227-5511

21 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

we got the visa no problem, and a ten year visa, my husband is from Macedonia and getting a tourist visa is really difficult to begin with so we were lucky. 

We know there is a chance border control will deny it, always a chance, but we are giving it a shot. I live with my husband in Macedonia so will be with him going through customs. We are building a house here in Macedonia, he has a job and proof of it and we have family here... so hopefully that is enough. Also we have an actual reason to return home, my mom has MS and I am usually her caregiver when I am home, my dad has a long business trip coming up so we are going home for a few months to help her (we have a letter from the doctor stating her condition and my need to be there to help her). 

Only one way to find out....

K&D

Sounds credible and best of luck!  God knows you are doing it with pure intent to help your mom <3

You can apply for a tourist visa and you can be approved for it even with the I 130 in process. I have friends who have gotten through border control as well as friends who have been denied at the border and sent home. It's up to the officer at the checkpoint most times!

We decided on my husband not attempting that because it's usually about 2k for a plane trip to the states anyways, and we don't want to waste money on him potentially being turned away. I'm actually headed to Perth, Australia in 20 days to spend a good amount of time with him. However, this is not possible for many people and if we didn't do this we would probably meet in Mexico or Canada for our vacations. 

But as l said, many people successfully prove their ties and enter the states without any problem! Good luck and I hope it is successful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 5/31/2017 at 7:25 PM, Sharif Shakhshir said:

Congrats on fast process and best of luck in the interview :-)

Any tips on things that you think sped up the process?

Well.. if you happen to have one of the consulates that allows you to upload, just have everything ready to go..  If you are going to do IRS transcripts (recommended although I had to use my 2016 return..)  create your online account at the IRS. If you do not have a smart phone, they will not sent you your authentication code. Can't get it on a pay as you go phone.. You'd have to get it by mail which is what I had to do. That was my only hold up and would have probably had approval sooner.

I gave 4 years of tax returns, 4 years of W2's, 4 pay stubs, pension info, 401K info, and only 54 but am social security eligible so I more than enough credits.  So as you can see.. More is less.. Give them more than they need when it comes to assets to assure them your applicant will not be a burden to the American taxpayer should you pass away.

My opinion is the $20,000 required is far too low. That is poverty level. One should have to make at least twice that. Won't make many friends with that statement but I am a tax payer and pay quite a bit in taxes and am sick of the waste, fraud and abuse in our system.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.