2,670 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, AlohaDestiny said:

Hello. I need help. 

I'm done with my medical today at SLEC but they didn't give me the sealed brown envelope because they said there was a typo on one of their reports (their fault). SLEC told me that no need for me to go back to pick it up, they will be the one to forward the medical report to USEM before my June 6 embassy interview. 

My questions:

1. How accurate it is that said corrected medical report will reach the embassy before my interview? We're 8 business days away to our June 6 interview. I'm worried that this may cause us a 221g form (pending visa approval).

2. Should I still proceed with the interview or better to reschedule it to a later date? Can I make follow ups with SLEC if they already sent it? 

3. May I insist to have my 'sealed' envelope picked up by me to avoid delays? (i won't mind travelling to and fro)?

What i have with me now is the Xray chest CD and my stamped passport (2 SLEC stamps) as proof that I already completed the medical process. 

Hope to get smart advice here on VJ as usual. 

Aloha. 🙂

If it was me I'd get clarification at least. I'd definitely want that sealed envelope. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

If it was me I'd get clarification at least. I'd definitely want that sealed envelope. 

Yeah that's what I wanted also. First thing tomorrow I'll call SLEC again to clarify. Thanks @Redheadguy03. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can you do your ds160 and send it in when your petition is in transit to your embassy? 

Then once it arrives do the notification of readiness? 

Edited by carloolive

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 minutes ago, carloolive said:

Can you do your ds160 and send it in when your petition is in transit to your embassy? 

Then once it arrives do the notification of readiness? 

You can start DS-160 once you have your case number. Not sure if the notification of readiness is something that is specific to your particular embassy?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brandon y Nadia said:

You can start DS-160 once you have your case number. Not sure if the notification of readiness is something that is specific to your particular embassy?

Thanks I have my ds160 filled out and waiting to send, just unsure if I can go ahead and send it through! 

Yeah sorry thats a UK thing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
23 minutes ago, carloolive said:

Thanks I have my ds160 filled out and waiting to send, just unsure if I can go ahead and send it through! 

Yeah sorry thats a UK thing

Just make sure you have barcode from DS-160 printed out. You will need that for interview.

2 hours ago, Queen30 said:

Yes Sigh..

Did you received your packet 3 as yet ?

The Fee Payments is it 

1) In Cash $265USD 

2) or/ money order / bank draft ? 

Yes I was sent packet 3 via email and just returned the notification of readiness. I too was confused about the visa fee payment because they only mention money order/bank draft on the email. I intend to call the embassy to verify if cash and/or credit cards are accepted. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 hours ago, Kuben&Tiffany said:

Congrats nealreal1! So glad it finally came for you guys. :-) It's encouraging that some of us who were left behind are starting to get approved/notice. 

We have not tried calling CSC again, as every time I've talked to them I just get the same story, which isn't even a true one. I did get in touch with someone in our congressman's office and got a direct contact from that person so I'll be sending my inquiry over to them. We're going to give them a week or two to see what they can do, and for CSC to potentially get something out in the mail. After that, I'm going to call one more time to confirm that the case is still stuck in "processing," and then I'm going straight to a lawyer. I don't want to have to resort to that, and I know it's not a fast process either, but at the rate they're moving, and with their track record, it could be another few months anyway. 

I know your patience is running low, to be honest when I called the first person I talked with knew less than I did about the whole process. I was not completely honest and said I was moving soon, and wanted to know if my approval paperwork would arrive before I moved. She sent me to a tier 2 officer who was able and willing to look at my case. That is when I found out I had already been approved. You may have to sound desperate and make up a story, but it should work. It is absolutely ridiculous for you to wait this long, think of something and try calling again, and again, and again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 hours ago, javidango said:

Congratulation guys, I am very happy for you,  we haven't received our NOA2 yet, I am from December 27th. / 2016 and nothing yet.

Thank you, mine was received on the 23rd, but notice date was 1-5. I also got an rfe 4-26, and was approved on the 5-12. I did call and made up a story that I was moving and was worried about change of address, so they did get someone that actually looked at my case!! Try calling, an persist on them looking at your individual case. Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, hy2016 said:

Anyone prior to 12/15 still waiting for their NOA2? 

I am a 12/9 filer and have heard nothing yet. We requested that our attorney submit an inquiry. But this has become so ridiculous to still be waiting after this long. 

They updated the processing times to 12/15 yesterday. I would try calling USCIS again since they can't give you the 'we are still working on November cases speech'...so they have got to give you some kind of update. It's worth a shot!

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

4 minutes ago, hy2016 said:

I am a 12/9 filer and have heard nothing yet. We requested that our attorney submit an inquiry. But this has become so ridiculous to still be waiting after this long. 

Mine was received on 12/14 and I have not heard a thing. Called many times and got nothing useful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, tritruong85 said:

Mine was received on 12/14 and I have not heard a thing. Called many times and got nothing useful.

I understand your frustration and to make matters worse, our lawyer keeps telling us this is normal, to calm down and not stress out. I decided I dont want to even think about it any more. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 hour ago, hy2016 said:

Yep, us. Received 12/6, NOA1 in the mail on 12/9. I've called multiple times, emailed, submitted an inquiry online yesterday. I've contacted my congressman, and called their office for a follow up, received a direct contact for their legislative director. I contacted him yesterday. 

So far the congressman's office hasn't moved an inch (from what I can tell), and CSC continues to tell me the same thing, which is that we're totally within normal processing time (which they claim is 6-9 months) and they refuse to give us any information about the case. I did receive the canned "your case has been assigned to an officer and you should be receiving a response soon" 2 weeks ago. 

Basically, what it comes down to is that there are no chains of command and no ways to hold USCIS accountable. They're funded by user fees (as I understand it). Thus, they're out of control. This has been an enlightening process, however. Inevitably some are going to fall through their cracks, and In a way I'm glad it was us. Because of all of this, I've become very familiar with the shortcomings of this "department" and I feel like I'm informed and properly motivated to get involved at the civic level with changing how they operate. 

I wish we could have been a couple that could have given positive testimony about the US immigration process. That ship has sailed at this point, no matter how it goes from here. 

December 1, 2016: Mailed I-129F

December 6, 2016: Case Received

December 9, 2016: Notified by email 

December 11, 2016: NOA1 By Mail

December 11, 2016 - June 3, 2017: Waited and waited and waited, called, yelled, demanded answers. :-P

May 31, 2017: I-129F Approved 

June 3, 2017: NOA2 by email   

June 19, 2017: Called and received case number from NVC

June 21, 2017: Case received by consulate in South Africa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
4 hours ago, nealreal1 said:

I know your patience is running low, to be honest when I called the first person I talked with knew less than I did about the whole process. I was not completely honest and said I was moving soon, and wanted to know if my approval paperwork would arrive before I moved. She sent me to a tier 2 officer who was able and willing to look at my case. That is when I found out I had already been approved. You may have to sound desperate and make up a story, but it should work. It is absolutely ridiculous for you to wait this long, think of something and try calling again, and again, and again

That's actually a good idea, nealreal1. We DO have an error that needs to be corrected at some point during the process, regarding my fiance's mother's maiden name. We don't think it's going to effect the process at the this stage, but I mentioned it to CSC the last time I had them on the phone. They seemed unconcerned and didn't bother to put us through to someone who could figure out how we could get it corrected. Maybe the next time I call, I'll sound a little more concerned about that error. ;)

December 1, 2016: Mailed I-129F

December 6, 2016: Case Received

December 9, 2016: Notified by email 

December 11, 2016: NOA1 By Mail

December 11, 2016 - June 3, 2017: Waited and waited and waited, called, yelled, demanded answers. :-P

May 31, 2017: I-129F Approved 

June 3, 2017: NOA2 by email   

June 19, 2017: Called and received case number from NVC

June 21, 2017: Case received by consulate in South Africa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.