1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Another unfortunate California service center casualty here. 

Filed I-130 for Spouse living abroad as Permanent Resident.

PD Jan 16 2018

California Service Center processing time is 16 - 20 months. :(

Visa Bulletin for July 2018 "Dates For Filling"  which is currently being used for Family sponsored suggest F2A for all other changeability is 01 Dec 17.  :) 

In a couple of months if my PD becomes current but I-130 still not approved then what happens? I read on the forms that beneficiary  adjusting status within US can file I-1485.  That does not apply to us?

I see folks who filed in early Jan 2017 in CA Service Center finally getting approved in this thread so looks like 2019 for my case?

Thanks.

Anyone had this issue before. I filed to petition my mom and she's been out of status for along time. Will there be any problem approving her at uscis?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 hours ago, Yaz86 said:

PD NOV 9, 2016 and I received RFE on May 10, proof of bona fida relationship received by uscis on May 16, and since now Im still waiting for my approval :( I'm losing hope

what kind of evidence you provided initially for bona fida relationship ? 

and what you responded for RFE?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/16/2018 at 10:23 AM, JrGoldMiner said:

Another unfortunate California service center casualty here. 

Filed I-130 for Spouse living abroad as Permanent Resident.

PD Jan 16 2018

California Service Center processing time is 16 - 20 months. :(

Visa Bulletin for July 2018 "Dates For Filling"  which is currently being used for Family sponsored suggest F2A for all other changeability is 01 Dec 17.  :) 

In a couple of months if my PD becomes current but I-130 still not approved then what happens? I read on the forms that beneficiary  adjusting status within US can file I-1485.  That does not apply to us?

I see folks who filed in early Jan 2017 in CA Service Center finally getting approved in this thread so looks like 2019 for my case?

Thanks.

It does not apply to you since your spouse is living abroad. I am in a similar situation with a April 2017 PD. 

The date for filing is only applicable if your spouse is already living in the US.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, WarisShahid said:

what kind of evidence you provided initially for bona fida relationship ? 

and what you responded for RFE?

I did not provide any evidence at first, except the marriage certificate, and when I received the rfe I sent theme the wedding pictures and flight tickets and money transfer to my wife

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 6/24/2018 at 9:53 PM, SC97 said:

Could someone help me determine (or projection) if I qualify for CSPA? 

Service center: California

PD: 10/6/17

DOB: 1/15/97

Thank you so much, and good luck to all! 

I should note that my application is F2A child or LPR but I turned 21 this year already.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everybody, I red something about a form called I-485 for spouse living in US which can be filled even before  USCIS approvals. I am actually living with my spouse, I am on student visa my PD is dec 28. Am I eligible for an I-485 application or should I wait for uscis approvals first ? 

Thanks 

Edited by mizo

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 hours ago, audacious21 said:

12/20/2016, nothing on I-130 but I got I-485 update that ready to schedule interview

My pd is dec 28  and I am living in US with my spouse. I am here on a student visa. Do you think I am eligible of a change of status ? Can I file an I-485 without uscis approvals ? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 4/16/2018 at 11:46 PM, Wrangler* said:

Ohhhhh....still not approved??

My PD 2017 24 march california , f2a,still no news ......tired to wait

Mine 22 Feb 2017 still not approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have a F2A that went to california.

PD is June 8th

One of the evidence I added was my wedding website with google analytics added.

My site was accessed twice now, once on June 24th and again this week.

Same ISP both times ("early registration addresses"), Unix OS and chrome browser. classified as new user each time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.