1,501 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2018 at 12:56 PM, Amani703 said:

Hello how are you ? 

I want to ask about upgrading I-130 from F2a to IR1 

if my husband get his citizenship before i-130  approval and upgrades the petition . will it be processed faster or will the priority date be pushed back to his updating date in IR1 waiting line 

our priority date is in May 09 2017

and he has a Citizenship interview by the end of October 

the petition is automatically upgraded to IR1 by filling AOS. Make sure to include a copy of NOA1 letter with your AOS package, as well as a cover letter explaining you would like to upgrade your category. Your PD should stay the same:)

Edited by Kat1111

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If a case is upgraded from F2a to IR1 when the petitioner becomes a citizen. How long does it take to be effected. Who has ever done this can please advise. Thanks 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
5 hours ago, visahelp2 said:

My priority date is Jan 23rd but no approval notice till now :(. Anyone from Jan still waiting for approval . Any suggestion on what can I do ?  Is wait time dependent on Nationality?

Is that 2017? f2a?

On 9/17/2018 at 11:28 AM, BBK28jan said:

Hi., Thank you for the info. Can you please keep us updated on the work permit timeline as well once you receive it. Thanks

Hi there, I’ve got my work permit and advance parole today ! My PD date was July 3d and work permit/advance parole was approved on October 16th , those applications were in National Benefits Center . So it took 3.5 months until card is in hand . 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally here after searching so much, I can see the I130 group for CSC.
Hi Everyone, My PD is Oct 16, 2017. I just saw Feb 02, 2017 approval on Sep 29, 2018, here on this group, means about 20 months to get noa2/approval.
so that means June 2019 I would expect mine if things go okay, hopefully.
wow, long long wait times :( 

Timeline
On 11/6/2018 at 7:44 PM, Amid said:

Hi 

my pd is 20 November 2017 California center f2a for spouse how long it takes for uscis approve. Still nothing after a year

18 to 23 months for uscis approval, you still have a few months at least.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/11/2018 at 4:02 PM, Kat1111 said:

the petition is automatically upgraded to IR1 by filling AOS. Make sure to include a copy of NOA1 letter with your AOS package, as well as a cover letter explaining you would like to upgrade your category. Your PD should stay the same:)

Where can I get a AOS package?  Im currently working on my citizenship so I can upgrade my husband's I-130. There is long way to go tho. I haven't received my NOA2. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Amid said:

Thank you i hope so 

but we can’t count on processing time in uscis site just looking for others approval date

Yes I know, but that is the average. I was approved at 20 months, most I've seen are 19-20 months, some are a little longer.

Timeline
1 hour ago, BerhaeLee said:

Packet send: Oct 4, 2018

NOA1: Oct 15, 2018

Waiting for NOA 2.  How long I wait for this?

So you're F2A and at CSC? You're going to be waiting almost two years (mine took 20 months, was approved 3 weeks ago), so you're in for a a long wait!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.