1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, jsaaved said:

Thanks for the info! Fingers crossed they move fast!!!

That's a good one. My PD is 29th December 2017. With the last post it shows they are working on February 2017. On the average can anyone predict how long it will take to approve December filers. 

41 minutes ago, Jovic said:

That's a good one. My PD is 29th December 2017. With the last post it shows they are working on February 2017. On the average can anyone predict how long it will take to approve December filers. 

I’d say it takes 18 months in average . So I guess in your case it would be sometime  in May-June of 2019? My PD is June 2017, still waiting . That for F2A.

Edited by KatenkaMishka

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, KatenkaMishka said:

I’d say it takes 18 months in average . So I guess in your case it would be sometime  in May-June of 2019? My PD is June 2017, still waiting . That for F2A.

Yes it is F2A since my spouse is a green card holder. But if she becomes citizen and upgrade the case does it speed up the case and would they move it to another service center?

6 hours ago, Jovic said:

Yes it is F2A since my spouse is a green card holder. But if she becomes citizen and upgrade the case does it speed up the case and would they move it to another service center?

If she applies for citizenship and upgrade the petition , it should speed up the case , it’s not gonna change the service center though. After all , it’s still gonna be some wait, a year from now , because it also takes time to upgrade and for USCIS to react on that .

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 9/8/2018 at 2:07 AM, Rupesh M said:

After applying for citizenship how much take time to certificate on hand ?

As far as I know it used to take like 3 to 5 months but it's now taking some cities especially the big cities like 18 to 24 months.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, KatenkaMishka said:

If you are in the United States in lawful immigrant status , then go ahead and file for AOS now without I-130 approval since your date is current (refer to the second chart in visa bulletin, F2A  01DEC17 ). If outside of US - then have to wait until I-130 gets approved and  visa becomes available (in this case refer to the first chart , F2A  22JUL16)

my pd is October 2017 so you  are saying I can file the AOS, even tough I 130 not approved

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Welcome Letter..... Received Feb 23, 2016

Selected agent...Feb 25, 2016

Paid AOS and Visa Application fees.......Feb 26, 2016 

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Case completed.....April 22, 2016 Received case complete letter April 27,2016

Received Interview Letter... Feb 3, 2017

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Visa Issued....Mar 21, 2017

POE.............June 4, 2017

SSN............June 12,2017

Green Card: August 2017

Petition for hubby: Oct 2017

i-130....... Approved.Aug 9 2019

NVC ......Wecome letter Nov 4 2019

Submitted all docs and paid fees- Nov 29th 2019

1 hour ago, Jarin12345 said:

my pd is October 2017 so you  are saying I can file the AOS, even tough I 130 not approved

1 hour ago, Jarin12345 said:

If you are in the US in lawful status - yes, go ahead and file AOS , you could already file it in July actually, that’s when  F2A chart changed for 01DEC2017 . 

Hello! I filed an i-130 petition for my wife with a PD of March 20th, 2017, I am an LPR. Our case were sent to California Service Center and I still have not received the NOA2 stating whether the petition is approved or not. I have noticed that some people who had PD as late as Feb 2017 have received their NOA2 saying they were approved. My wife, the beneficiary, just gave birth three weeks ago and we never informed the USCIS about the pregnancy. Now, we're wondering whether it's the right time to inform California Service Center about the baby before  our I-130 gets processed(either approved or denied) or better we wait and inform them until our case gets approved and reaches NVC? Please advise as to when and what  are the necessary forms to submit along birth certificate in order to include our baby in her petition so they can both get the visa at the same time and travel to the US together. Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Timeline
3 hours ago, KatenkaMishka said:

If you are in the US in lawful status - yes, go ahead and file AOS , you could already file it in July actually, that’s when  F2A chart changed for 01DEC2017 . 

have been toying with the idea for a while but have not found any literature of anyone who actually successfully  done it. Im concerned because i know uscis does not refund if denied 

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

15 minutes ago, Jarin12345 said:

have been toying with the idea for a while but have not found any literature of anyone who actually successfully  done it. Im concerned because i know uscis does not refund if denied 

There lots of cases like that, even on this forum . Speak to lawyer , I’m in the US and have I-130 pending with California service center , PD is July 3d 2017. Filed for AOS on July 7th of 2018, it’s been accepted and fingerprints done, so the case is pending now. And by the way, if you would send the application when your PD isn’t current , they wouldn’t “Deny”, they simply reject to accept it. You confusing defenisons or “rejected” and “denied”. It can be denied even if you married to citizen and I-130 approved. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KatenkaMishka said:

There lots of cases like that, even on this forum . Speak to lawyer , I’m in the US and have I-130 pending with California service center , PD is July 3d 2017. Filed for AOS on July 7th of 2018, it’s been accepted and fingerprints done, so the case is pending now. And by the way, if you would send the application when your PD isn’t current , they wouldn’t “Deny”, they simply reject to accept it. You confusing defenisons or “rejected” and “denied”. It can be denied even if you married to citizen and I-130 approved. 

thank you, that really is so positive news. 

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

2 hours ago, RemySer said:

Hello! I filed an i-130 petition for my wife with a PD of March 20th, 2017, I am an LPR. Our case were sent to California Service Center and I still have not received the NOA2 stating whether the petition is approved or not. I have noticed that some people who had PD as late as Feb 2017 have received their NOA2 saying they were approved. My wife, the beneficiary, just gave birth three weeks ago and we never informed the USCIS about the pregnancy. Now, we're wondering whether it's the right time to inform California Service Center about the baby before  our I-130 gets processed(either approved or denied) or better we wait and inform them until our case gets approved and reaches NVC? Please advise as to when and what  are the necessary forms to submit along birth certificate in order to include our baby in her petition so they can both get the visa at the same time and travel to the US together. Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Any child born to your relative before your relative is admitted to the U.S. can get a visa along with the rest of the family, without another I-130 and without any extra wait. When it’s time for the family to apply for their visas at the U.S. embassy or consulate, your relative can apply on behalf of the child, showing proof of the birth and the I-130 approval.”

In other words , when your I-130 is approved , and your wife is outside of US and got a baby , she’ll just simply apply for immigration visa and include a child into the application , she should bring baby’s birth certificate at the interview in consulate . 

Timeline
2 hours ago, KatenkaMishka said:

did you apply for the work permit also

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

18 minutes ago, Jarin12345 said:

did you apply for the work permit also

Yes, I filled I-765 , I-131 and I-864 (affidavit of support) altogether, I didn’t attach medical exam form (I-693) because it expires in a year and my case will take longer then  that , so I’d have to renew it (which means pay money again). They accepted the case , and sent a reminder letter that I’ll must have a medical exam done at the interview . So I’ll do it later. In my local USCIS office the wait time for AOS is 12- 23 month long . You better attach medical exam form with your application right away , to avoid rejection , because you never know what that USCIS has in mind - in my case they were okay with me not attaching it right away.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.