1,501 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, KatenkaMishka said:

Any child born to your relative before your relative is admitted to the U.S. can get a visa along with the rest of the family, without another I-130 and without any extra wait. When it’s time for the family to apply for their visas at the U.S. embassy or consulate, your relative can apply on behalf of the child, showing proof of the birth and the I-130 approval.”

In other words , when your I-130 is approved , and your wife is outside of US and got a baby , she’ll just simply apply for immigration visa and include a child into the application , she should bring baby’s birth certificate at the interview in consulate . 

Awesome, thanks so much KatenkaMishka!

On 9/11/2018 at 2:58 PM, KatenkaMishka said:

There lots of cases like that, even on this forum . Speak to lawyer , I’m in the US and have I-130 pending with California service center , PD is July 3d 2017. Filed for AOS on July 7th of 2018, it’s been accepted and fingerprints done, so the case is pending now. And by the way, if you would send the application when your PD isn’t current , they wouldn’t “Deny”, they simply reject to accept it. You confusing defenisons or “rejected” and “denied”. It can be denied even if you married to citizen and I-130 approved. 

Hi, Is there an actual benefit of applying for AOS before I130 is approved? I have some potential benefits please advise if it is true. 

1) Since you said that AOS is now pending,  Is it that you don't have to maintain the legal immigrant status anymore?

2) Since your fingerprints is now done, will you receive AOS work permit within a few months of applying even if I130 is pending?

Please keep us posted if you do happen to receive you work permit while I130 is still pending. Thank you. 

24 minutes ago, BBK28jan said:

Hi, Is there an actual benefit of applying for AOS before I130 is approved? I have some potential benefits please advise if it is true. 

1) Since you said that AOS is now pending,  Is it that you don't have to maintain the legal immigrant status anymore?

2) Since your fingerprints is now done, will you receive AOS work permit within a few months of applying even if I130 is pending?

Please keep us posted if you do happen to receive you work permit while I130 is still pending. Thank you. 

Yes, there is a benefit of course . First , you don’t have to wait for your I-130 to be approved - if your AOS interview is scheduled before that , you’ll be approved on a spot , they’ll pull up the whole case and that’s it. Like if you’d be a spouse of US citizen , you submit i-130 and I-485 and everything is approved at the interview time . Same story here , but you had to wait until your PD becomes current to do so. 

Yes, you’ll receive work permit while AOS is pending, depending on the field office usually takes 3-6 months to get it .

I wouldn’t suggest you to fall out of status while AOS is pending (even you could do so , because pending AOS is kind of lawful presence/status), because this week they started using a new rule - if you made a mistake in your application , they would reject it without any notice , and if you happen to be out of status - that’s it , unlawful presence starts. And even approved form I-130 won’t help you anyhow, because a spouse of green card holder must maintain a legal status when applying for AOS, only spouse of US citizen would be forgiven.

So, yes there are benefits and you’ll get work permit . All the other details regarding your personal case/status maintenance you better double check with a lawyer .

Good luck .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/5/2016 at 8:07 PM, cd37 said:

Hello all I-130 filers,

Lets put our I-130 timelines for California Service Center Filers.

F2A Minor, unmarried child of LPR

August 27, 2018 - Priority Date

August 30, 2018 - Case sent to California USCIS

August 30, 2018 - Received NOA1

September 14, 2018 - Touched/Updated

What is next?

On 9/13/2018 at 11:57 AM, KatenkaMishka said:

Yes, there is a benefit of course . First , you don’t have to wait for your I-130 to be approved - if your AOS interview is scheduled before that , you’ll be approved on a spot , they’ll pull up the whole case and that’s it. Like if you’d be a spouse of US citizen , you submit i-130 and I-485 and everything is approved at the interview time . Same story here , but you had to wait until your PD becomes current to do so. 

Yes, you’ll receive work permit while AOS is pending, depending on the field office usually takes 3-6 months to get it .

I wouldn’t suggest you to fall out of status while AOS is pending (even you could do so , because pending AOS is kind of lawful presence/status), because this week they started using a new rule - if you made a mistake in your application , they would reject it without any notice , and if you happen to be out of status - that’s it , unlawful presence starts. And even approved form I-130 won’t help you anyhow, because a spouse of green card holder must maintain a legal status when applying for AOS, only spouse of US citizen would be forgiven.

So, yes there are benefits and you’ll get work permit . All the other details regarding your personal case/status maintenance you better double check with a lawyer .

Good luck .

Hi., Thank you for the info. Can you please keep us updated on the work permit timeline as well once you receive it. Thanks

Feb 02 2017.

Request For Evidence.

Technically they reviewed my I-130. Not yet approved because they need some evidence. But reviewed.

I just mailed them what they requested. So, looks like within a couple weeks it should be reviewed again.

P.S. Their request was to complete the petition. I left Part B and C questions 11, 12 blanks. I was not married before. Now I put Not Applicable + I have written an additional explanation letter (just in case)

I-130 Sent : 2017-01-26
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-02-02
I-130 RFE : 2018-09-08
I-130 RFE Sent : 2018-09-13
I-130 Approved : 2018-09-29
NVC Received : 2018-10-30
Case & Invoice Number Assigned : 2018-12-08
AOS and IV Bills Payed: 2018-12-08
AOS and IV Bills Accepted : 2018-12-13
Submit AOS Package Online: 2018-12-15
Submit IV Package Online : 2018-12-17
NVC Case Complete : 2019-01-02
Interview Scheduled 2019-03-19
Interview Date : 2019-04-26
Visa Approved.          2019-04-26
POE :                           2019-05-24
GC Received:                                                                                   2019-07-10

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, TommyCardello said:

Feb 02 2017.

Request For Evidence.

Technically they reviewed my I-130. Not yet approved because they need some evidence. But reviewed.

I just mailed them what they requested. So, looks like within a couple weeks it should be reviewed again.

P.S. Their request was to complete the petition. I left Part B and C questions 11, 12 blanks. I was not married before. Now I put Not Applicable + I have written an additional explanation letter (just in case)

Nice one

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

HELP HELP HELP !!!!!

Guys, my husband is waiting for his oath ceremony. The case completed after 13 months and he is waiting for the letter in the mail. 

After he gets his naturalization certif, how do I upgrade my I-130 and I-485 petitions ?

I-130 PD is aug 2017

I-485 was filed in sept 2018 and got PD the same as I-130, aug 2017.

anybody with a similar situation ?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, KatenkaMishka said:

What do you mean by “my siblings application”? Are you US citizen applying for your brother/sister?

Green card holder mum petitioned for them. Below 21 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.