1,501 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SC97 said:

So I know USCIS has a reputation for rolling back processing dates, but do they ever suddenly jump ahead? Just curious.

I’ve never seen it jumping ahead for petitions like I-130, the only visa bulletin is moving all of a sudden sometimes. Hopefully I’m wrong and one day it will jump a year ahead ) 

Edited by KatenkaMishka

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2018/06/01/uscis-policy-change-could-bar-many-international-students/#5e0d532e1600 

everyone, read this. There are changes going in effect starting aug 9th for F, M and J visa holders. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone, I have been waiting my I-130 for 9 months. I'm a permanent resident. I know it's a long time process. I have couple questions;

-Would it be okay for my wife to apply to tourist visa and visit me and stay for a while. She is out of U.S.
-What happens if my wife gives birth during this time. Baby would be getting the visa too just showing up at the interview? 
I m sure,all will get answered by you, thanks in advance. 
My Pd: October 2017
Our Case is at California service center

I-130 filed: 10/30/2017

PD: 10/30/2017

NOA-1 received (California): 11/07/2017

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Oanagmzo said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2018/06/01/uscis-policy-change-could-bar-many-international-students/#5e0d532e1600 

everyone, read this. There are changes going in effect starting aug 9th for F, M and J visa holders. 

Hello,

how this can impact F2A category ? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, WarisShahid said:

Hello,

how this can impact F2A category ? 

Well, if this would be true, the F,M and J visa holders won’t  be in duration on status anymore. They would have a clear expiration date that will show on their i94 and if they decide to stay past the date, their status will be overstay and I think even accumulate unlawful presence and it will be harder to pursue any legal status. I am on a j1 applying for f2a. That’s why I posted it here.  But if it’s not ok, I can delete it.

1 hour ago, Oanagmzo said:

Well, if this would be true, the F,M and J visa holders won’t  be in duration on status anymore. They would have a clear expiration date that will show on their i94 and if they decide to stay past the date, their status will be overstay and I think even accumulate unlawful presence and it will be harder to pursue any legal status. I am on a j1 applying for f2a. That’s why I posted it here.  But if it’s not ok, I can delete it.

100% correct , after August 9th of 2018 everyone who overstayed J,F,M visas are considered to be unlawfully present , which makes it impossible to adjust status being in the US unless your spouse is US citizen . And if unlawful presence is more than 180 Days and you left US , there is 3 year bar becomes applicable to a person as well. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KatenkaMishka said:

100% correct , after August 9th of 2018 everyone who overstayed J,F,M visas are considered to be unlawfully present , which makes it impossible to adjust status being in the US unless your spouse is US citizen . And if unlawful presence is more than 180 Days and you left US , there is 3 year bar becomes applicable to a person as well. 

@KatenkaMishka now what if I already applied for adjustment? I have i130 pending and I filed i485, i131 and I765 based on visa availability on the chart from the visa bulletin. Also, my husband has had his interview for citizenship, was approved, but has to wait for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. Am I “safe”? Or I’m still accumulating unlawful presence? Should I see a lawyer?

11 minutes ago, Oanagmzo said:

@KatenkaMishka now what if I already applied for adjustment? I have i130 pending and I filed i485, i131 and I765 based on visa availability on the chart from the visa bulletin. Also, my husband has had his interview for citizenship, was approved, but has to wait for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. Am I “safe”? Or I’m still accumulating unlawful presence? Should I see a lawyer?

Don’t worry , you’ll be fine , this is only applicable for people who let’s say overstayed F1 visa and trying to adjust status inside of US and applied for it while already being out of status through  marriage with permanent resident . 

Edited by KatenkaMishka

Timeline
Just now, KatenkaMishka said:

Don’t worry , you’ll be fine , this is only applicable for people who let’s say overstayed F1 visa and trying to adjust status inside of US and applied for it while already already being out of status thought marriage with permanent resident . 

Alright. I understood right now. I really hope everything to go alright. Thank you for your answers @KatenkaMishka !!! 

17 hours ago, keep_up said:

Hello everyone, I have been waiting my I-130 for 9 months. I'm a permanent resident. I know it's a long time process. I have couple questions;

-Would it be okay for my wife to apply to tourist visa and visit me and stay for a while. She is out of U.S.
-What happens if my wife gives birth during this time. Baby would be getting the visa too just showing up at the interview? 
I m sure,all will get answered by you, thanks in advance. 
My Pd: October 2017
Our Case is at California service center

She very unlikely will get tourist visa because of I-130 petition pending  since it shows her immigration intents , while tourist visa is non-immigrant visa that requires to prove non-immigrant intents. 

In case she gets tourist visa somehow , giving birth in US is not a very good idea because how would she get an insurance ? After her tourist status would be expired , she will be out of status , therefore not eligible to adjust status inside US , unless you become a citizen .

P.S. the baby born in the US is automatically US citizen , no visa or interview needed .

Edited by KatenkaMishka

On 5/25/2018 at 9:20 PM, Jovic said:

My PD is 29 December 2017 and service center is California and am still waiting. But I want to ask that if the petitioner is a green card holder and he files i130  for the beneficiary . But the petitioner has applied for his citizenship. If the beneficiary gets it i130 approved before the petitioner gets his citizenship. Then the beneficiary will have to wait for the F2A category to be current before moving to NVC and I learnt the current waiting time is two years. 

Is this true??

Any news on your case?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
25 minutes ago, raysn0w said:

Any news on your case?

No  News yet,  am still waiting, even spouse too, she still waiting to be called for citizenship interview.

It sucks waiting.... Waiting... Waiting 

25 minutes ago, raysn0w said:

Any news on your case?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone,

i need to understand what is going on about this i-130 applicants.

my wife lives in NJ and she applied for f2a. im not in USA. so califonia services center received our case on may18,2018. ,

now my questions;

1- i think there is  2 steps. one of them is for first application. how long it takes after they recived?

2- when i check the processing times it says 17-22 months for california services center. that means it take that much to get my visa or i have to wait for first steps.

i really dont understan that people waiting almost 2 years for to get thier visa or first step of whole process..

please someone can explain to me all single detail about timeline .

thank you

Edited by fiko

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/5/2018 at 7:47 PM, raysn0w said:

June 8th, 2017? right now they are working with November/December 2016.  If you are indeed 2017, at the current pace, I estimate another year before USCIS approves your case.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys, my PD: dec 28 2016 (I-130 petition) (spouse is a green card holder), and I haven't received any approvals from USCIS other than the receipt mail. however today I received this attached letter. I don't know if this is a pre-approval interview, or an adjustment of status interview ? Please can anyone help me understand what this letter means and what should I expect. In case this first interview is to decide weather they gonna approve the I-130 petition or not, do you know if we gonna get an answer (approved or denied) the same day or how we gonna receive the answer ? And since I live in the Us and I am current on filling application date should I file an I-765 and I-131 or just wait for the interview ?

9.thumb.jpg.ed814b32e8d71e8bbaea44ca8aae7592.jpg 

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.