enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, htfaust said:

Hi, everyone. 

First, congratulations to every one of you that had approvals and got jobs and all, yay! It's good to see your success. 

For those of you that followed my timeline and case, I've withdrawn my application to adjust status and will be refiling based on a VAWA self-petition with the help of my attorney. I don't feel qualified to do it by myself anymore. 

Getting to this thread and seeing people's good news helps relieve some of the stress. This is certainly a great community. Thank you to all of you. 

Hey!

I'm so sorry to hear this! Are you alright?

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Sam&Sam said:

On April 4, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC******, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

Husband's greencard is being produced 🤗🤗☺️☺️

Congrats :)

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

Hey!

I'm so sorry to hear this! Are you alright?

I am now. Took me a while to realize I had options. Luckily I met some good people that pointed me on the right direction. I have a NGO providing me legal aid and was able to find transitional housing. 

Wish I had thought out a contingency plan in case things went wrong. But aside from that I seem to be safe now. 

Congratulations on your job, so happy for you! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lena95 said:

Guyyyzzzz!!!

We got approved on the spot about 5mins ago!!

Yaaaaay!!!!

The interview was very easy! We got a lady and at first we thought oh god but it turned out that she was a married Lesbian officer which was very good for us! She seemed to enjoy our case very much! She didn't want to see that much evidence at all. She only took our joint tax return and bank account and that was it. 

I want to thank you guys for helping us out! You guys are the bomb! 

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting on their approval, interview, etc! You can do this! Just have faith and believe in yourself! 

Thank you guys once again and all the luck in this world to all of you!

xoxo 

YAYAYAY congrats!!!! 😃🎉🎉 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, htfaust said:

I am now. Took me a while to realize I had options. Luckily I met some good people that pointed me on the right direction. I have a NGO providing me legal aid and was able to find transitional housing. 

Wish I had thought out a contingency plan in case things went wrong. But aside from that I seem to be safe now. 

Congratulations on your job, so happy for you! 

☹️ So sorry you had to go through that, I've been there and I know it's a very stressful situation.  Do keep us updated and don't hesitate to message me if you need a friend or anything else (I'm in OC). 💕

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, MiaTher said:

☹️ So sorry you had to go through that, I've been there and I know it's a very stressful situation.  Do keep us updated and don't hesitate to message me if you need a friend or anything else (I'm in OC). 💕

Thank you very much! The support is much appreciated. What I'm doing now is trying to remain focused and getting the next step done. I was lucky that I made some good friends on my time here that are being extremely helpful. The worst is over now, I'm out of where I was before. Now it's a matter of getting back up. I'm very glad it didn't take very long to get the help and information I needed when things went south. Hopefully everything will turn out alright. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, htfaust said:

Thank you very much! The support is much appreciated. What I'm doing now is trying to remain focused and getting the next step done. I was lucky that I made some good friends on my time here that are being extremely helpful. The worst is over now, I'm out of where I was before. Now it's a matter of getting back up. I'm very glad it didn't take very long to get the help and information I needed when things went south. Hopefully everything will turn out alright. 

I'm glad to hear that, and yes everything will turn out alright you'll see. ❤️❤️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
4 hours ago, htfaust said:

Hi, everyone. 

First, congratulations to every one of you that had approvals and got jobs and all, yay! It's good to see your success. 

For those of you that followed my timeline and case, I've withdrawn my application to adjust status and will be refiling based on a VAWA self-petition with the help of my attorney. I don't feel qualified to do it by myself anymore. 

Getting to this thread and seeing people's good news helps relieve some of the stress. This is certainly a great community. Thank you to all of you. 

I am so sorry.  What was wrong? Did you pass your  AOS interview or not?

What do you  mean saying  "you've withdrawn" your application?

VAWA -? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We had our interview yesterday (Tuesday) we stayed with a decent guy in the room for the interview for around one hour. mostly talking about his life and we talking about ours. then he was like you don't have enough papers as evidence while we literally brought tons. then he was like i am gonna give you a notice of something to mail us more evidence. but then I kept giving him different paperwork I had ready for my K1 Visa I took with me to the embassy he said oh then it's enough I am gonna go ahead and approve your case guys congratulations. but I still haven't received any mail or text and my case didn't update on the uscis website yet. started to worry

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, lolrko said:

We had our interview yesterday (Tuesday) we stayed with a decent guy in the room for the interview for around one hour. mostly talking about his life and we talking about ours. then he was like you don't have enough papers as evidence while we literally brought tons. then he was like i am gonna give you a notice of something to mail us more evidence. but then I kept giving him different paperwork I had ready for my K1 Visa I took with me to the embassy he said oh then it's enough I am gonna go ahead and approve your case guys congratulations. but I still haven't received any mail or text and my case didn't update on the uscis website yet. started to worry

Can you please tell us what papers did you bring to the interview? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

I have a question about when/if I would receive an RFE due to a missing gonorrhea test?  Things in my case seemed to be progressing well but as the time dragged on in the 'Ready to Schedule Interview' (December 29th, 2016) stage I started looking at forums such as these.  That is when I learned about the change in the medical requirements.  I reviewed my receipt from the civil surgeon and sure enough no gonorrhea test was performed.  If it is 'Ready to Schedule' could that mean it has already been reviewed and no RFE's will be forthcoming? 

And now my venting: I contacted the Dr. office and they were very rude and defensive about the change to the regulations.  Claimed they had only been informed a couple of months ago so it wasn't their fault.  Regulations changed in August 2016, I was there in late October 2016.  At the prices they charge they have an obligation to be complete and thorough and stay up on the requirements!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, claudiag said:

Congratulations! :D:D

19 hours ago, zilchfox said:

Congratulations! :)

15 hours ago, MiaTher said:

YAYAYAY congrats!!!! 😃🎉🎉 

Thank you guys!!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, Lena95 said:

Hey guys.

It's a little more than 1 week to go until our interview so we are trying to get everything ready.

But I have some questions. 

On the interview letter it says that we have to submit evidence for the I-864 form for each of my sponsors (unless already submitted). One of the things they are asking for is letters from each current employer to verify the pay rate etc. For my wife we already included it when we filed. So we dont have to submit another one, right? Is it absolutely necessary for my co-sponsor to get an employment letter? We actually just needed the co-sponsor cause my wife couldn't show tax returns from the last 3 years. 

And they also want evidence of my sponsors and co-sponsors citizenship. We already submitted a copy of my co-sponsors birth certificate..we got an RFIE for that. Do we have to take another copy or do we have to show the original at the interview?

And do the tax returns from 2016 have to be the originals or can we just make copies of all pages and take them instead of the originals?

Do we also have to show pay stubs for the past 2 months from my co-sponsor?

Then they are asking for all documentation establishing my eligibility for lawful permanent resident status. What does that mean? I dont know what we have to show for this?

And for the I-94 I can just go online to the website and print it out, right? Cause I dont have one yet.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi! How did your interview go!!?? I have mine coming up soon and I'm very nervous and confused about if we have to bring ANOTHER employment letter, payslips and tax returns when we just submitted it. Did you bring them and did they ask for them? I'm also confused about the part on the letter where it says 'original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application' what did you make of this?

Any help would be so greatly appreciated, I'm so nervous! eeeek

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, tommy92 said:

Hi! How did your interview go!!?? I have mine coming up soon and I'm very nervous and confused about if we have to bring ANOTHER employment letter, payslips and tax returns when we just submitted it. Did you bring them and did they ask for them? I'm also confused about the part on the letter where it says 'original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application' what did you make of this?

Any help would be so greatly appreciated, I'm so nervous! eeeek

Hey! My interview went very well :) I got approved on the spot :)

When did you submit the paystubs etc.?

We took my wife's and joint sponsors paystubs from the past 2 months, both original tax returns from 2016, and a copy of my wifes employment letter since we submitted the original when we filed. But they didn't ask us for it. She just asked my wife if she is still working as a Teacher and she just let it go after my wife said yes. She did also only take the copy of our joint tax return.

If I was you, I would definitely take the paystubs and tax returns with me. It depends on the IO..some want to see it and some don't. So its always best to be on the safe side and bring everything thats asked for on the interview letter. 

When it comes to 'Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your originals for our records.', we only took the originals and copies of everything we sent with our application..such as birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports...etc. But she only made a copy of our marriage certificate even tho we had a certified copy. I saw her looking at the envelope multiple times but not once did she take it or say anything..I guess she preferred to make her own copy.

I hope this helps and if you have more questions feel free to ask :)

And don't be nervous :) Everything will be fine :)

Edited by Lena95

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, Adri.U said:

Can you please tell us what papers did you bring to the interview? 

Lease, join accounts, bills together, also tax return all letters received by postage. photos (better print them on letter sized normal papers not like actual photos) because they keep them in the file

Edited by lolrko

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.