enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, MiaTher said:

Joint bank accounts and bills is what USCIS takes into consideration, because generally married people share many types of accounts and bills, so yes it will help your case. If your name is added to a bill it doesn't mean that you are now paying for it, it just recognizes you as the other main account holder besides your husband, and shows uscis that you are living together. It doesn't matter if you aren't paying for bills, it's still helpful to add your name on them. Phone, water, electricity, car insurance, internet, cable, etc, all these are bills your name can be added to. Good luck! 

Thanks for responding Mia Ther. Will work on those 2 things: joint account and adding my name on some bill accounts. Plus he will file taxes as married filing jointly. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, LionessDeon said:

Well I'm sorry to hear you all are still waiting like me.

However, it does make me feel a bit better that others are still waiting too and it's not just due to my incompetence.

If it's any consolation, we are still waiting on any update in our case too. filed at the end of october and also had an RFIE on the i-864, still nothing. April 13th is our 90 day mark from when our RFIE was received so we're hoping to hear something soon. and fingers crossed that you hear before your 90 day mark too!

AOS Timeline

Married: 08/26/2016

AOS Filed: 10/27/2016

AOS Case received: 10/31/2016

NOA Received: 11/16/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 12/08/2016

RFIE response received: 01/13/2017

EAD Card in production: 03/14/2017 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, enxhi96 said:

Hey everyone ! I hope you all are doing well. Have the majority of you gotten EAD now? And has anyone done interview or gotten their green card yet? 

Ciao! :)

I just got my EAD in the mail today! As far as the AOS, my status is still the same since December "Case Ready for Interview". I called and asked them about this, and they said that it depends on the field office that will handle my case. You can see the processing times for your local office on the USCIS website. They are a little behind... https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, MSchacherer said:

Does anyone know how long after you apply for your SSN can you apply for your driver's license?

I applied for my license as soon as I received my SSN card and before my I-94 expired. 

I was given a license bc I surrendered my Canadian provincial license, and NY state has a reciprocity agreement with Canada. 

Now that you have your EAD you should be able to attain a license, it may have a condition on it that you have to return to the DMV when you have a green card.  Mine says "temp visitor" and is only valid for a year before I have to go back with a green card or an EAD with an expiry date later than the license. 

Still waiting on Chrysler Canada to provide a letter of compliance so I can register my car.  Ahh, all the leg work is overwhelming.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

I applied for my license as soon as I received my SSN card and before my I-94 expired. 

I was given a license bc I surrendered my Canadian provincial license, and NY state has a reciprocity agreement with Canada. 

Now that you have your EAD you should be able to attain a license, it may have a condition on it that you have to return to the DMV when you have a green card.  Mine says "temp visitor" and is only valid for a year before I have to go back with a green card or an EAD with an expiry date later than the license. 

Still waiting on Chrysler Canada to provide a letter of compliance so I can register my car.  Ahh, all the leg work is overwhelming.

Oh, my! So that probably means I'll have to wait more and keep using my Mexican driver's license until I get my name changed on my current SSN card. 

And yeah, it makes sense, since we are like an "employment allowed alien" lol.

Omg, all this paper work! I preferred to sell my car and buy a new one here to not go through all that import and whatever else stuff. You must love your car very much! Lol. ?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, MSchacherer said:

Oh, my! So that probably means I'll have to wait more and keep using my Mexican driver's license until I get my name changed on my current SSN card. 

And yeah, it makes sense, since we are like an "employment allowed alien" lol.

Omg, all this paper work! I preferred to sell my car and buy a new one here to not go through all that import and whatever else stuff. You must love your car very much! Lol. ?

Right!?  Haha it was an oversight on my part.  I also didn't realize getting the letter of compliance would be such a headache.  6 months later and I'm still waiting bc there's always something that needs to be done.  The dealer is getting sick of seeing me haha.  Funny thing is my car was built in Michigan so it's kinda like I returned it home.

If I could have done it over, I would have sold it and bought something here.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We're going to be sending in the response to our RFIE on Friday (a few days later than I was hoping, but still better than not knowing what to do) and I wanted to make sure we have everything covered. We'll be sending:

- joint sponsor's I-864

- tax documents for the last 3 years (is that totally necessary or will just 2015's do?)

- 6 months of pay stubs

- 6 months of bank statements 

- Proof of US citizenship (birth certificate)

- RFIE letter

We're also sending an updated I-864 for my husband (to reflect the amounts on line 22 of his tax documents for questions 19 a-c because of the self-employment issue), paystubs for the period between when we sent in our initial application and now, and 6-12 months worth of bank statements (what would be preferable here? 6 months or 12?) We were wondering if we need to resubmit everything, though. I'm assuming they have what we sent originally, so do we need to resubmit all of his tax documents, all of the pay stubs, and another photocopy of proof of citizenship?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, htfaust said:

Same situation here, filed (accepted) 11/15 and still no EAD. Placed the 2nd service request yesterday, but I don't think it will do anything beyond the standard reply stating "your case is under review". 

Received a response to the service request today - the surprising part -, by e-mail.

The non-surprising part was the response itself:

"Your case is currently under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly."

So yeah, I keep waiting without knowing anything really. At least I know I'm not the only one and it isn't anything specific to my case. Thanks everyone for posting the followups!

12 hours ago, htfaust said:

Received a response to the service request today - the surprising part -, by e-mail.

The non-surprising part was the response itself:

"Your case is currently under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly."

So yeah, I keep waiting without knowing anything really. At least I know I'm not the only one and it isn't anything specific to my case. Thanks everyone for posting the followups!

I got the same email on a Friday, and then the EAD got approved that following Monday. Good luck ?

Timeline

I forget who in this thread mentioned the myUSPS app, but oh my goodness THANK YOU.  

I haven't received an e-mail or letter from USCIS yet but the app updated yesterday that the card is on its way and this morning it was scanned at the Buffalo office so it should be delivered tomorrow (though scheduled for Saturday).  

The carrier in my area is a machine and he's always here at 3:20 every day.  I'll be watching for him. 

My phone keeps ringing with employers who want to set up interviews so I will be relieved when I have the physical card to present to them upon hiring decisions next week. 

Excited to become a productive member of society! :-)

Anyone still waiting - hang in there, it's coming.  You're in the bottom of the ninth!!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sam&Sam said:

I got the same email on a Friday, and then the EAD got approved that following Monday. Good luck ?

Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement. Let's wait and see :)

Timeline
17 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

Right!?  Haha it was an oversight on my part.  I also didn't realize getting the letter of compliance would be such a headache.  6 months later and I'm still waiting bc there's always something that needs to be done.  The dealer is getting sick of seeing me haha.  Funny thing is my car was built in Michigan so it's kinda like I returned it home.

If I could have done it over, I would have sold it and bought something here.

Omg, I get you. But since it was imported into another country blah, blah, blah... So after that do you have to re-import it into the US or the letter from the dealership will do? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Helloo! 

I don't post that often anymore but I wanted to let you know that my card is now being produced!!! ajkshdjakhsdhjashdlkjhasjdhljashjdhasd 

Today is day 84 since NOA date on the letter. 

I was going to call to submit and inquiry today or tomorrow, but I just got a text message and email saying that there was a new update on my case :)  

Now...I can't wait for the green card! lol. I didn't see the Advanced Parole necessary...so now that I want to travel, I can't :( I hope the GC doesn't take more than 6 months.

Hace a nice day!

AOS

Date Event
11-16-2016 AOS package sent (i-485, 1-765, 1-864, g-325a)
11-21-2016 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox. *Day 0*
12-08-2016 NOA1's by text (@ 11:59 pm ET) *Day 17*
12-15-2016 NOA1 hard copies in mail *Day 24*
12-23-2016 Biometrics appointment in mail *Day 32*
01-06-2017 Biometrics done *Day 46*
03-02-2017 EAD is now being produced! yay!! *Day 101*
03-010-2017 EAD in mail! *Day 109*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.