enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

I think you should atleast have them sent over.... even if you have a lot of working experience..I would assume a double check of academic credentials.. :)

Yup! I have them on the cloud, scanned, but yeah... Maybe having them sent over could be a good idea too, even if they are in Spanish ?.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MSchacherer said:

Yup! I have them on the cloud, scanned, but yeah... Maybe having them sent over could be a good idea too, even if they are in Spanish ?.

You probably know this but there are websites that translate academic documents. Wouldn't hurt to do that. ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
46 minutes ago, MiaTher said:

You probably know this but there are websites that translate academic documents. Wouldn't hurt to do that. ?

Yup! Or I could do it myself too :).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, MiaTher said:

When is your interview? Mine is March 10, getting nervous now. 

Like someone else mentioned, my attorney also told us that interviewing officers are more laid back when there is a lawyer present. I'd feel better if our attorney accompanied us but she will likely charge us for that as well and we're honestly out of funds lol. Unless she offers to go with us for free we're just going to go alone. 

Thanks for everyone's input.

Our interview is scheduled about 10 days after yours. Hope things go smoothly for you.

I don't think we are as nervous or need to be laid back since our marriage is unquestionably legit. People can ask me all sorts of weird questions, I don't care, as long as we get to go on happily ever after! :)

I emailed our lawyer today and she put in the EAD request. This site is amazing, thanks again!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Question for the other November filers here.

We just received an email that they are printing her EAD, but we have heard no further update regarding her I-131. Has anyone who filed in November received an update on their Re-Entry Permit?

I'm not asking about the GC, because I know we are still months away from any traction on this.

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

3 minutes ago, Chris and ZhiJia said:

Question for the other November filers here.

We just received an email that they are printing her EAD, but we have heard no further update regarding her I-131. Has anyone who filed in November received an update on their Re-Entry Permit?

I'm not asking about the GC, because I know we are still months away from any traction on this.

Based on what we have seen the past few weeks, you should get email approvals for the EAD and travel doc in 4 or 5 days. then notice that your card is mailed.

Written notices for both will follow. You should have your combo card in 8-10 days.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Filed: Timeline

Received the I-765 and I-131 Approval letters yesterday. MyUSCIS site shows the EAD card mailed update.  I-131 AP has no status change on MyUSCIS. This is seems to be the current norm with a combo card situation. EAD card will arrive tomorrow via Priority Mail. 

Is there anybody to do Service Request twice? I already submitted on day 76. They said my case has been processed, but I still didn't get EAD card until today, Day 105. Do you guys think should I call again? or wait? :(  

Edited by mary514

13 minutes ago, mary514 said:

Is there anybody to do Service Request twice? I already submitted on day 76. They said my case has been processed, but I still didn't get EAD card until today, Day 105. Do you guys think should I call again? or wait? :(  

I made 3 service requests. The 1st one was too early, the 2nd one was ignored and the 3rd one "worked". My husband's EAD got approved right after they reviewed his case. If you still don't have EAD approved just submit another service request, it doesn't hurt, especially since you're on day 105. His got approved yesterday (Day 98). Good luck!

I don't have an interview date yet but I am trying to prepare for it anyway. I am wondering about showing co-mingling of finances. We do not have a joint account and am wondering if thats a problem? Each of us has a separate account ( i got one when I came here for studies). Is it extremely important to have a joint account? Also, i saw that some people say that their spouses have added them to some bills. How does that work? Does that mean that you are now paying that particular bill? My husband is the one paying the bills and says he doesn't know if it makes sense to add me and show USCIS since I am not currently working and can't really pay the bills. So far I have been added to his health insurance and he will add me to his credit card. I don't know how else to show financial co-mingling. Someone kindly advise. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, luckylady said:

I don't have an interview date yet but I am trying to prepare for it anyway. I am wondering about showing co-mingling of finances. We do not have a joint account and am wondering if thats a problem? Each of us has a separate account ( i got one when I came here for studies). Is it extremely important to have a joint account? Also, i saw that some people say that their spouses have added them to some bills. How does that work? Does that mean that you are now paying that particular bill? My husband is the one paying the bills and says he doesn't know if it makes sense to add me and show USCIS since I am not currently working and can't really pay the bills. So far I have been added to his health insurance and he will add me to his credit card. I don't know how else to show financial co-mingling. Someone kindly advise. Thanks.

If he has health insurance and you're covered.

Both names on a lease.

Be added as an authorized user on his credit card.

If you both add each other on your bank accounts and then get a letter from the bank.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anybody know how soon you show up in the DHS e-verify database/system? 

I got the update that my card was being produced on Friday, and so I started looking at jobs yesterday, and have had some incredible luck with next day interviews. 

I feel like the one place will be formally offering me a position on Thursday when I go in for a second interview.  I was upfront and told them I don't have the physical card yet, and neither place seemed concerned with that.  I assume I should have the card by end of next week.  That would be 10 business days.  

Trying to logically convince myself that I would show as eligible in their system, but that's just my excitement.

7 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Does anybody know how soon you show up in the DHS e-verify database/system? 

I got the update that my card was being produced on Friday, and so I started looking at jobs yesterday, and have had some incredible luck with next day interviews. 

I feel like the one place will be formally offering me a position on Thursday when I go in for a second interview.  I was upfront and told them I don't have the physical card yet, and neither place seemed concerned with that.  I assume I should have the card by end of next week.  That would be 10 business days.  

Trying to logically convince myself that I would show as eligible in their system, but that's just my excitement.

There is a good chance that you will get e-mail notifications of EAD and travel doc approvals before Thursday morning, and receive the combo card in the mail by Tuesday of next week. It has been taking about 8 days from "card being produced", to card in mailbox.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.