enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Today I received in the mail what I thought was going to be the EAD card for my wife. Turned out it was a EAD+AP combo card instead! :) No change in online status for the AP since the initial NOA, so this was a very pleasant surprise. I may have cried tears of joy, but they all froze and blew away with the million tons of snow I've cleared out since this morning.

Onwards and upwards now!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mrndpf said:

Today I received in the mail what I thought was going to be the EAD card for my wife. Turned out it was a EAD+AP combo card instead! :) No change in online status for the AP since the initial NOA, so this was a very pleasant surprise. I may have cried tears of joy, but they all froze and blew away with the million tons of snow I've cleared out since this morning.

Onwards and upwards now!

Congratulations :)

AOS:

2016-11-21 Filed AOS, AP, EAD

2016-12-19 NOA1 Hardcopy received

2017-03-09 EAD and AP approved

2017-09-15 Green card approved, interview waived

ROC:

2019-08-12 Filed ROC (one day shipping)

2019-08-13 Application received at Lewisville, TX

2019-08-16 Received case number

2019-11-13 Biometrics appointment (Lubbock, TX)

2020-05-14 Case approved, interview waived

Sent the 3 documents they wanted yesterday. Should arrive back at NBC no later than Wednesday. On another note, filed first time taxes with my wife this weekend. Federal and State. Joint Filing. Spouse treated as resident alien for tax purposes. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
10 minutes ago, rcripps said:

Sent the 3 documents they wanted yesterday. Should arrive back at NBC no later than Wednesday. On another note, filed first time taxes with my wife this weekend. Federal and State. Joint Filing. Spouse treated as resident alien for tax purposes. 

Does treated as resident alien change the nature of the joint filing? I certainly hope not, since my refund doubled, with the lower margin, and double deductions/exemptions

4-6-2016: I129F Sent

4-13-2016: NOA1

7-1-2016: NOA2

7-26-2016: NVC Received, Case number assigned

7-31-2016: Consulate received, status ready

8-11-2016: Medical

9-1-2016: Consulate Interview

11-10-2016: AOS package received

11-30-2016 NOA1 Text/Email

2 minutes ago, otmy0023 said:

Does treated as resident alien change the nature of the joint filing? I certainly hope not, since my refund doubled, with the lower margin, and double deductions/exemptions

Since my wife does not have a green card yet she is a non-resident alien. For tax purposes, I can file "Married, Filing Jointly" as long I manually file taxes with a written statement that we both want her to be treated as a resident alien. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, rcripps said:

Since my wife does not have a green card yet she is a non-resident alien. For tax purposes, I can file "Married, Filing Jointly" as long I manually file taxes with a written statement that we both want her to be treated as a resident alien. 

My husband and I are in the same situation.  No SSN and no GC. We filed last week and we had to apply for an ITIN. Correct me if I'm wrong but we couldn't have filed married jointly without applying for an ITIN. Can take 8 weeks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is so weird that I have received an approval for my travel document in 40 or so days from submission and nothing yet for my EAD card specially when the travel doc was applied 2 weeks after I applied for my I485 and EAD.

I guess I should have sent all 3 documents separately. Today is the 91th day for me and still waiting :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
36 minutes ago, MJ Wedding said:

Also what date is tracked under processing time for EAD cards on VJ.. Is it Notice Date or Received Date?

First NOA

Is a "request for initial evidence" different to any other RFE?  Does this mean I have missed something from the packet?  This is for AOS...no update on EAD.

10 hours ago, Mthldou said:

My husband and I are in the same situation.  No SSN and no GC. We filed last week and we had to apply for an ITIN. Correct me if I'm wrong but we couldn't have filed married jointly without applying for an ITIN. Can take 8 weeks. 

Sorry for my ignorance but do you mind if I ask why no SSN?  I have one so I guess that means I didn't need a ITIN...my husbands tax return didn't ask for one...we filed as married jointly with me as a "non-resident alien"...did we do it correctly?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.