Booptime

RFE Wording Unclear

18 posts in this topic

Timeline
Hello, I have gotten an RFE from USCIS for my fiance visa. This is a 3 page document, the first which outlines return info.

The second page says "...You are seeking to classify the beneficiary as the fiance of a United States citizen under section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Additional evidence is required to establish the qualifying relationship. Submit your response to this request for evidence along with the attached blue sheet."

The third piece of paper is a section of my I-129F that I somehow forgot to fill out regarding criminal record information. This is no problem I will just fill this out, but my question is regarding the wording on the second page.

Does "additional evidence" mean only the third sheet of paper about the criminal record? Or does it mean that additional evidence to support an ongoing relationship is needed as well as the criminal record on the third page?

Thank you for your time and help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I think its saying to give proof that she is your fiance,did you send them pictures of you two?or engagement receipts(although they dont usually ask for that,we didnt have any).calls and conversations?or more importantly the boarding passes,tickets,hotel receipts.

Hope that helps

Timeline

Im sorry to hear they are asking for more.how about facebook post or messages,discussing wedding plans,stuff like that?

If it makes you feel any better,we got an rfe too about the criminal record that wasnt answered..one week after they received our reply we got approved..good luck

Timeline

Congrats! Did you just send the criminal record back? Or did you include more with it? We're thinking the criminal record is all we need to send but we want to be sure. Is there any chance you still have a copy of your RFE? Did the second page say what mine does?

Timeline

Nope.none of the second page like yours..its just the question of whether he has a criminal record..he forgot to check it..(im the beneficiary..lol)so he checked no and we sent it.

They are asking you for more proof though ,so maybe you can print more conversations? And pictures of you two with family and friends?

Edited by DanniColes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

He needs to request a criminal record paper from his local law enforcement authority in Singapore. As a proof he has a clean record. It should be an official document that claims he has no criminal records, followed by a stamp and signature to ensure it is a certified copy.

RFE notes are usually sent when you forgot to either submit a document, or if they request you to send in an original. I don't think in your case it has to do anything with any proof about your relationship.

I am not aware about the 101 act but if it helps here is an explanation:

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-101.html

If I were you I would call them...

Edited by Detron

Timeline

He needs to request a criminal record paper from his local law enforcement authority in Singapore. As a proof he has a clean record. It should be an official document that claims he has no criminal records, followed by a stamp and signature to ensure it is a certified copy.

RFE notes are usually sent when you forgot to either submit a document, or if they request you to send in an original. I don't think in your case it has to do anything with any proof about your relationship.

I am not aware about the 101 act but if it helps here is an explanation:

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-101.html

If I were you I would call them...

Based on what i read,the beneficiary doesnt need police records until the interview.

Timeline

Ah sorry I should be more specific. The criminal record paper was for me (American) who just somehow forgot to fill it out. I'm 100% clean and a government employee, no worries there. It was just the wording so I think what we'll do just to be safe is submit some other proof such as a note from family affirming our relationship, and some more recent call logs. I agree with Detron that this probably has nothing to do with proof about relationship though. If it is just the background check then that is no problem, my main concern is submitting my RFE with only the background check and being denied because they really wanted more as well. I also did call them, but that provided no help.

Here is a picture of the second page for clarity.

200344dbab7dba18dacd46b08d67e005.jpg

Edited by Booptime

Timeline

Hey ,i tried the search engine and typed this:

101(a)(15)(K) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Additional evidence is required to establish the qualifying relationship. Submit your response to this request for evidence along with the attached blue sheet."

There are couples of threads in this forum about it..thought you can read them to get some ideas on how you should reply to your rfe☺

Edited by DanniColes

It means to go further (to seek a fiance visa) that you must fill out the criminal history part, and check the box appropriately.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Did you send the letter of intent to marry for both of you???

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

• 3 weeks later...

We did! Went through the visajourney checklist more times than we can count :D

Any updates? :)

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.