WarmRegards

Sending 129F direct to CSC

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

What do you think about this: I send a new package with a new check, but do NOT put a stop payment on the original check. Then, next week once I see which of the two checks hits my account first, I put a stop payment on the other check. That will effectively cancel out whichever application happens to be processed second. Then they'll simply return the application with the invalid check.

No, don't do that. What if they manage to cash both checks before you can cancel one? You'll have two pending applications and everything will be a mess, not to speak of the wasted money.

I don't agree with Harpah Timsah on the approach (suggested the opposite), but at least don't risk having two open applications.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

NO!

If the funds are not there they will send demand letters for funds, not reject the application.

DO NOT DO THIS.

I already told you what to do. Seriously. You seem like you want to muck it up more. Do you enjoy stress and wasted time?

Ok I didn't realize that. Thank you! I will wait and follow up with USCIS in due time.

Ok I did a bit more research on this and here's what I know. The address I used is a valid California Service Center address. I figured this out because one of the board members here "MaleAlpha" noted that he sent his 751 Form to the CSC directly in June this year. It was signed for by "N Lakelieh" which is incidentally the exact same signature for my package. So I know at the very least that

(a) it's been received

(b) that it went to the CSC and they signed for it given that the names match.

His ROC (751 package) was signed for 6/10 and NOA1 issued 6/16.

I'm thinking I will give it until Monday or Tuesday next week. If I don't see movement by then I will mail out a new packet to the Texas Lockbox.

I'm fully aware of the Texas Lockbox and the instructions online. I had everything addressed to that before I spoke to her. I just took the official word of the immigration representative as her having known better. I'm still not 100% convinced she's wrong given the facts above. My only cocern is that it's stuck somewhere in limbo with no-one knowing what to do with it.

Who is the immigration person you talked to? A private office or government office? If I were you I would simply mail a complete new packet along with a new check today to the Texas service center. I would NOT, as one other poster suggested cancel your first check. This way if someone actually cares at CSC and decides to be nice to you and hands it over to someone rather than returning the first packet to you the first check won't bounce. But that's just me. Good Luck

Timeline

Who is the immigration person you talked to? A private office or government office? If I were you I would simply mail a complete new packet along with a new check today to the Texas service center. I would NOT, as one other poster suggested cancel your first check. This way if someone actually cares at CSC and decides to be nice to you and hands it over to someone rather than returning the first packet to you the first check won't bounce. But that's just me. Good Luck

I spoke to the immigration office here in San Francisco in person.

I called the USCIS moments ago again to ask about filing a duplicate application. Their answer was that although I have a legal right to send in new materials and put a stop order on the existing check, that does not mean that I am not liable for the original $340 fee. That bounced check would incur a further charge and the payment for the first application will be required regardless of whether the application is withdrawn or not.

The agent on the phone said that most likely they will forward my application themselves to the right department or worst case return it to me, but if they had already signed having received it, that it shouldn't be a cause for concern. This agent however said to wait 30 days for NOA1 before contacting again. This was in contrast to the agent this morning who said to follow up Tuesday to escalate it further. I'll just call again on Tuesday to see if I get a different answer then and hopefully this whole thing is resolved by that point.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You came here for advice but when the senior members are giving you advice based on their personal experience,you do not want to listen to them.Why bother wasting time here then?

Timeline

You came here for advice but when the senior members are giving you advice based on their personal experience,you do not want to listen to them.Why bother wasting time here then?

Maybe you can read the original post again, understand what I was asking and then change the tone of your message. At no point did I say I don't want to listen to anyone. I appreciate your thoughtful response and contribution to the topic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Well thats good news rofel! I am sure that will help put WarmRegards at ease! Good to know that someone else did this and had no problems :)

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

That is actually really good to hear, that helps a lot thank you for adding your experience to the thread. It's good to know should anyone else make the same mistake again! I'll just wait and see what happens.

In the future if I have any doubts I'll just refer to the forum no matter how dumb the question seems and I won't interact with the immigration officers in SF unless absolutely necessary and then corroborate anything they say with the folks here.

I'll update this once I get my NOA1.

That is actually really good to hear, that helps a lot thank you for adding your experience to the thread. It's good to know should anyone else make the same mistake again! I'll just wait and see what happens.

In the future if I have any doubts I'll just refer to the forum no matter how dumb the question seems and I won't interact with the immigration officers in SF unless absolutely necessary and then corroborate anything they say with the folks here.

I'll update this once I get my NOA1.

Not to worry, there are no totally dumb questions. It can be a confusing and stress inducing process, particularly in the beginning, but usually someone on VJ can steer you in the right direction. It's a very good resource as you go along, be sure to let us know how it goes. All the best!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

My fiance lives in South Carolina. Our packet should be sent to TSC too. But our lawyer sent it to CSC directly adn we dont get any problem.

Good to know. However, nobody is supposed to send the package to the Texas Service Center (TSC) - everybody is supposed to send it to the Texas lockbox.

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oooppsss, yeah, its supposed to be sent at texas lockbox as per my fiance's location. But like i said, petition was directly mailed to CSC and we didnt have any problem and Im currently waiting for my visa to be delivered soon.

Let us know once u received ur noa1 already by next week

Timeline

Oooppsss, yeah, its supposed to be sent at texas lockbox as per my fiance's location. But like i said, petition was directly mailed to CSC and we didnt have any problem and Im currently waiting for my visa to be delivered soon.

Let us know once u received ur noa1 already by next week

Yeah, you were lucky :-)

Btw (just keeping the facts straight), the Texas lockbox is the filing location for all I129f's, regardless of state of residence. Currently (since more than a year ago), they forward ALL petitions to CSC for adjudication. The days were the petitions were split between TSC and CSC based on state are gone .

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The agent on the phone said that most likely they will forward my application themselves to the right department or worst case return it to me, but if they had already signed having received it, that it shouldn't be a cause for concern. This agent however said to wait 30 days for NOA1 before contacting again. This was in contrast to the agent this morning who said to follow up Tuesday to escalate it further. I'll just call again on Tuesday to see if I get a different answer then and hopefully this whole thing is resolved by that point.

Signing for a package is irrelevant. You want to see if your check is cashed and if you receive the NOA1. Did you include a G-1145 with your email so you get emailed that your package is "in the system"? Normally, the check is cashed very quickly by the Texas Lockbox. Not sure what will happen in your case. As others have said, a little patience at this point will give you more clarity soon.

My fiance lives in South Carolina. Our packet should be sent to TSC too. But our lawyer sent it to CSC directly adn we dont get any problem.

How long did it take to get your NOA1 after the package was signed for by CSC? How long did it take to cash the check?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.