WarmRegards

Sending 129F direct to CSC

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hmm notice how it says effective 2007 so i can assume already its a outdated document

only took a few seconds to find this on uscis website

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

Please again, note the difference between the Texas Service Center (TSC) and the Texas Lockbox. They are NOT the same entity. TSC does not handle K1 petitions any longer (since more than a year), but all packages must still be sent to the lockbox to be routed (not transferred) to CSC.

Yes TSC and CSC are service centers. Do not confuse them with the Dallas Texas Lockbox where petitions are first sent and then routed to appropriate service center. If you are able to locate the person that gave you the wrong information I would do so and give her the correct information. She is probably wrongly informing others as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Ok I did a bit more research on this and here's what I know. The address I used is a valid California Service Center address. I figured this out because one of the board members here "MaleAlpha" noted that he sent his 751 Form to the CSC directly in June this year. It was signed for by "N Lakelieh" which is incidentally the exact same signature for my package. So I know at the very least that

(a) it's been received

(b) that it went to the CSC and they signed for it given that the names match.

His ROC (751 package) was signed for 6/10 and NOA1 issued 6/16.

I'm thinking I will give it until Monday or Tuesday next week. If I don't see movement by then I will mail out a new packet to the Texas Lockbox.

I'm fully aware of the Texas Lockbox and the instructions online. I had everything addressed to that before I spoke to her. I just took the official word of the immigration representative as her having known better. I'm still not 100% convinced she's wrong given the facts above. My only cocern is that it's stuck somewhere in limbo with no-one knowing what to do with it.

Timeline

I called the USCIS and they said it should not have been sent directly to the CSC but to call on Tuesday after it's been 10 days to escalate it to a local agent there. She recommended against sending a new application because it would really slow things down further. Lastly she did say that I would likely still get my NOA1 having sent it to the CSC except they say to allow for up to 30 days. :(

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I called the USCIS and they said it should not have been sent directly to the CSC but to call on Tuesday after it's been 10 days to escalate it to a local agent there. She recommended against sending a new application because it would really slow things down further. Lastly she did say that I would likely still get my NOA1 having sent it to the CSC except they say to allow for up to 30 days. :(

well lessons learned , keep your eyes on youe emails etc , hopefully it doesnt get stuck in limbo

Timeline

I think lawyers / immigration office are unnecessary for K-1 visa. Why waste time and money on them? I did everything myself for us (me USC and now my wife) except birth certificate translation+notarization and two papers she signed.

This website has everything you need. Use guides, example forms and search. And sometimes go to USCIS website, though instructions over there are harder to understand

Edited by Mamed

I cleaned My Timeline. Hope nobody minds

To the OP:

All of your posts have been worries of how to avoid doing anything wrong. I would recommend researching the process here on VJ so you can smell out if any immigration officer gives you the wrong info. We have had people on VJ that turn to doing this all themselves because their lawyer ended up having no idea what they were doing.

I personally did not send out either the I-129F or my husbands AOS packet until I felt AT LEAST 90% sure that it was 100% correct. One of the reasons I sent out his AOS packet later than I should have was that I had a nagging feeling I was missing something, so I waited until I could look over everything and go through a checklist and go "okay, this is the correct address? this is in the correct order?" etc. Once I felt confident that I most likely would not get an RFE, I sent it out.

But yes, you send it to the Texas lockbox, then from there the petition will get forwarded to which ever service center is processing the cases at the time.

Almost everyone here (a good 90+%) has done all of this by themselves without ever speaking to an immigration officer or an attorney. If you ever question ANYTHING, like "but I think I'm suppose to send it to this place" look it up, do search and type in "Where to send I-129F petition?"

If you have any doubt of what we say, look at your forms instructions: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Page 7 of 9 under "Where Do I File This Form?" sends you to the USCIS website, and forth tab down gives you the Dallas Lockbox address. https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Law and government forms are an ever changing process, it's best to get the information from those who have been through the process. Even USCIS can give you wrong info, people here have gotten it all the time. And while some people may give bad information here, 99% of the time multiple people will jump in correcting that person and give the correct info.

If they do pick up your packet, instead of getting sorted as a I-129F at the dallas lock box and being sent that way, now they're going to have to go through the packet and sort it there at the CSC itself. One of the pluses of having a lock box for things to go too, is it allows for proper distribution to where certain applications need to go. When someone picks up your application, they're going to look at it and go "why in the world is this here?" then start sending it through the proper channels to get where it needs to go versus being sorted at the lock box and sent directly to those who deal with the I-129F's down at CSC in most likely a big crate.
While it may seem like the best course of action for the person who finds your application to just walk or foward the info to the right place, that's not their job so they're most likely not going to end up late on what THEY do because someone messed up sending. There's probably a place where they put "lost applications" that gets looked at maybe once a week or more when they can spare the time to send everything the right way. I'm sure they get mis-sent mail A LOT for multiple things.

And agreeing with the above post, I did everything other than what my husband (then fiance) needed to write out himself. We did K-1 to GC with all paperwork correct.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Ok I did a bit more research on this and here's what I know. The address I used is a valid California Service Center address. I figured this out because one of the board members here "MaleAlpha" noted that he sent his 751 Form to the CSC directly in June this year. It was signed for by "N Lakelieh" which is incidentally the exact same signature for my package. So I know at the very least that

(a) it's been received

(b) that it went to the CSC and they signed for it given that the names match.

His ROC (751 package) was signed for 6/10 and NOA1 issued 6/16.

I'm thinking I will give it until Monday or Tuesday next week. If I don't see movement by then I will mail out a new packet to the Texas Lockbox.

I'm fully aware of the Texas Lockbox and the instructions online. I had everything addressed to that before I spoke to her. I just took the official word of the immigration representative as her having known better. I'm still not 100% convinced she's wrong given the facts above. My only cocern is that it's stuck somewhere in limbo with no-one knowing what to do with it.

I'm sure you know this now, but ROC's are either sent to CSC or VSC for processing. They are based on location. Make sure you use the information you find to be relevant to what YOU are filing for. If you see someone doing ROC, don't follow what they're doing for I-129F, same goes for AOS, don't send it anywhere OTHER than Chicago lockbox. Different stages require applications to be sent different places.

But yes, that is a valid address and yes some things are sent directly there. Just not I-129F's.

And remember, instructions on the official USCIS website should ALWAYS trump what anyone else tells you because at the end of the day if you do something wrong, they will ask why and if you say someone told you too they'll just go "well did you read the instructions?"

The only things that vary from instructions are at the interview stages as some things, like the I-134, require MORE than the form instructions tell you, but usually you're told this by the consulate, as the consulates can vary in what they want, either more or less than the instructions. Until you're dealing with a consulate itself though, stick to the USCIS website.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline

I'm sure you know this now, but ROC's are either sent to CSC or VSC for processing. They are based on location. Make sure you use the information you find to be relevant to what YOU are filing for. If you see someone doing ROC, don't follow what they're doing for I-129F, same goes for AOS, don't send anything OTHER than your AOS packet to Chicago lockbox. Different stages require applications to be sent different places.

But yes, that is a valid address and yes some things are sent directly there. Just not I-129F's.

As I said before multiple times, I was aware of the Lockbox address and that things are supposed to get mailed there. That's not the issue. The issue was that I followed the directions of the immigration agent over the website and forums because I guess I deferred to authority on this. Right now I feel like I'm only being chastized for doing something wrong, when I've already admitted I did it wrong and I was aware of the instructions but chose to follow directions of the immigration officer and the form she gave me.

At this point I'd like advice on how to fix this and what steps I can take now. Since the address is valid that's a good sign. But as the agent on the phone today pointed out, they may have forwarded it on to Texas Lockbox, or sending it back to me, or any number of things. Given that I can't send out a new packet now, it seems the best course of action is to wait until Tuesday to see what happens unless anyone here can offer an alternate suggestion.

I get you might feel that way right now but it's also so needed to keep telling how you shouldn't always relay on immigration officers or documents from 2007 - in your case. This process is very easy to do on your own with the right website/forum and instructions from the USCIS website and good fact checks.

If you want to get advice on how to fix it or what steps to take now; some forum members gave you some advice. Cancel the check, re-send it to the right address or wait what's going to happen.

Edited by stephadams

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Either way you'll be waiting. Either for an I-797 Notice of Action receipt or for your returned package. You can't do anything for now.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Either way you'll be waiting. Either for an I-797 Notice of Action receipt or for your returned package. You can't do anything for now.

Wait. They will return it to you, so you can send it to the correct place, or they may forward it there for you.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

DO NOT send a new package. Stop and wait.

They will either

1) reject the package and send it back to you

2) forward it themselves to the appropriate Lockbox

I repeat. DO NOT send a new package or cancel the old check. You will muck it up even more.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wait. They will return it to you, so you can send it to the correct place, or they may forward it there for you.

most likely theyll return it to you

They will either

I repeat. DO NOT send a new package or cancel the old check. You will muck it up even more.

So in cases like this is actually just really wait and see what happens?

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline

They will either

What do you think about this: I send a new package with a new check, but do NOT put a stop payment on the original check. Then, next week once I see which of the two checks hits my account first, I put a stop payment on the other check. That will effectively cancel out whichever application happens to be processed second. Then they'll simply return the application with the invalid check.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.